• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

can i transfer?

wilma2

they are in the database, so yes.. Are you using the same host? just uploading a fresh catalog directory?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

one copy is local a backup copy from a messed up previous site on this host I had to reinstall oscommerce as there was alot of issues and so now that i have reinstalled oscommerce i would rather not input all the products again.

ok.. so since you are on the same host, you will just be using the same database. You wont have to backup because you wont need to do anything to the database (i believe). But its never bad to be more safe than sorry. back up your DB anyways..

Then you can go into your configure.php file and set up the db stuff which is located at the bottom of the configure..

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

ok.. so since you are on the same host, you will just be using the same database. You wont have to backup because you wont need to do anything to the database (i believe). But its never bad to be more safe than sorry. back up your DB anyways..

Then you can go into your configure.php file and set up the db stuff which is located at the bottom of the configure..

If you are going to run the osCommerce installation wizard it WILL overwrite your database entries.

If you are going to run the osCommerce installation wizard it WILL overwrite your database entries.

well since one copy is local is it just ftp thing? They are the same hosts but the one i want to restore from is on my local computer.

if the copy that you want to use is already set up as local, then yes.. you can FTP the WHOLE thing.. Maybe do it in sections though..

yes, dont do a one click install

Do you have your database file?

i do is it just restoring it? I am nervous because this site's host transfered it from another site and the other site used oscommerce to create it but the changed oscommerce a lot so the locations are all messed up but the info is still the same. So i dont want to change where it points to now that i have it right by restoring things but i just want the info.

i do is it just restoring it? I am nervous because this site's host transfered it from another site and the other site used oscommerce to create it but the changed oscommerce a lot so the locations are all messed up but the info is still the same. So i dont want to change where it points to now that i have it right by restoring things but i just want the info.

You might want to make a backup of your backup. I would make a subdomain for testing your migration process. You cannot restore a database file through oscommerce without oscommerce being installed. So the way to go about this is run you sql file in phpmyadmin (make sure you use the same login credentials as your old database). Then upload your backup files.

yea.. you can upload an entirely NEW oscommerce install on your server.. then take the database file and configure.php file formy our OLD corrupt one, compare and merge..

yea.. you can upload an entirely NEW oscommerce install on your server.. then take the database file and configure.php file formy our OLD corrupt one, compare and merge..

i have gone to the phpadmin and file to import is it the product info file i want and will that restore as it was?

• 2 weeks later...
i have gone to the phpadmin and file to import is it the product info file i want and will that restore as it was?

I was also using another older version of OSC and now installed the newest version. I need to import the products into the new version. I don't mean to hijack this thread, but is there a link that explains step by step how to do this? I have searched and have not found a way to do this.

It's probaby easier than I thought it would be, but I don't mess with the database. I am not sure if I can just point to the older database, but if thats an option, then that would be easier?!