• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1054 - Unknown column 'products_name' in 'field list'

vitamin_ebox

I installed the HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.7 from Jack, everything looks well.

But when I want to edit the header tags category title, clik the update, get this message:

update categories_description set products_name = '', products_description = '', products_url = '', products_head_title_tag = '', products_head_desc_tag = '', products_head_keywords_tag = '' where categories_id = '1' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

what is the problem? where need to change? :blink:

Thanks in advance!

John

when you setup the "HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.7 from Jack" you have skipped few installation steps about updating the mysql database.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

when you setup the "HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.7 from Jack" you have skipped few installation steps about updating the mysql database.

I opened the file of "headertags_seo.sql" file and upload via phpmyadmin, run query in phomyadmin. this is what I did for sql database, Is anymore need to do? :blink:

Many thanks!

I opened the file of "headertags_seo.sql" file and upload via phpmyadmin, run query in phomyadmin. this is what I did for sql database, Is anymore need to do?

Perhaps check if it did run fully? See if those columns are added to that table categories_description now?

Not quite what was recomended.

Check not rerun.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Perhaps check if it did run fully? See if those columns are added to that table categories_description now?

There is the message appear after I reinstall .spl file in phpmyadmin:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_title_tag VARCHAR( 80 ) NULL ;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_head_title_tag'

Any Ideal?

John

If you read Jans post he said check if the fields exist.

You have rerun the sql and so it is trying to create a field that already exists.

and guess what error message it give?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

If you read Jans post he said check if the fields exist.

You have rerun the sql and so it is trying to create a field that already exists.

and guess what error message it give?

If I did installed the database, what is the problem relating to the error massage at the top:

update categories_description set products_name = '', products_description = '', products_url = '', products_head_title_tag = '', products_head_desc_tag = '', products_head_keywords_tag = '' where categories_id = '1' and language_id = '1'

thanks!

If I did installed the database, what is the problem relating to the error massage at the top:

thanks!

check - have a look via phpmyadmin and see if the the changes have been made.

rerun- do the sql file again.

check - have a look via phpmyadmin and see if the the changes have been made.

rerun- do the sql file again.

I did twice, and I got this message:

[size="2"]Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_title_tag VARCHAR( 80 ) NULL ;

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_head_title_tag'[/size]

and then I went to mywebsite: www.officeconsumables.com.au to category to upload a image, then I got this message:

update categories_description set products_name = '', products_description = '', products_url = '', products_head_title_tag = '', products_head_desc_tag = '', products_head_keywords_tag = '' where categories_id = '2' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Also when I want to add a product into category, I can not upload product description, meta tag information, , So there is nothing in product name after I update the product information.

waiting for your response, and Thanks!

Edited by vitamin_ebox

I did twice, and I got this message:

[size="2"]Error

SQL query:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_head_title_tag'[/size]

and then I went to mywebsite: www.officeconsumables.com.au to category to upload a image, then I got this message:

update categories_description set products_name = '', products_description = '', products_url = '', products_head_title_tag = '', products_head_desc_tag = '', products_head_keywords_tag = '' where categories_id = '2' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Also when I want to add a product into category, I can not upload product description, meta tag information, , So there is nothing in product name after I update the product information.

waiting for your response, and Thanks!

My response is that you have no idea of what you are doing. Recheck everything to do with the contribution (unless you are using a template).

My response is that you have no idea of what you are doing. Recheck everything to do with the contribution (unless you are using a template).

The reason I post the question here is looking for the help, If you know, Please tell but not say to check everyting!!!.

I have told that I went to phpmyadmin twice, and run the sql file twice. If I did wrong, just help and tell where is wrong but not saying to check everying to do with the contribution! ok!

thanks for your co-operation!

John

The reason I post the question here is looking for the help, If you know, Please tell but not say to check everyting!!!.

I have told that I went to phpmyadmin twice, and run the sql file twice. If I did wrong, just help and tell where is wrong but not saying to check everying to do with the contribution! ok!

thanks for your co-operation!

John

If you did go to phpmyadmin and saw the table was in place, why did you need to rerun the sql file? You do seem to be posting about the error on updating the sql file.

You do need to recheck what you you are doing, and understand what you are doing.

If you did go to phpmyadmin and saw the table was in place, why did you need to rerun the sql file? You do seem to be posting about the error on updating the sql file.

You do need to recheck what you you are doing, and understand what you are doing.

Hi Coopco,

Very appreciate you post your "so important sentence" in this forum again:

Every one know you are professional, and I am a fresh at this area, If I understand what's wrong with that, I would not come here post the question to let you say so rude language in this forum.

Even You are professional at this area, Please be good to others ok? others will willing to come to looking for the help, and that maybe is the reason of this forum!

I will say again, If you can help, I am very apprecate, If you can not, Please Please Please do not post your aphorism again, as that is useless to others in this forum!!!

Thanks for your cooperation!

John

Edited by vitamin_ebox

I installed the HeaderTags_SEO_V_3.0.7 from Jack, everything looks well.

But when I want to edit the header tags category title, clik the update, get this message:

[TEP STOP]

what is the problem? where need to change? :blink:

Thanks in advance!

John

It looks like you did not follow the installation instructions correctly?

In admin/categories.php

Did you replace:

$sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]));

With:

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/
  $sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]),
	   'categories_htc_title_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_desc_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_keywords_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_description_array[$language_id]));
  /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

or with:

$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id]),
								'products_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'][$language_id]),
								'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]),
								'products_head_title_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),
								'products_head_desc_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),
								'products_head_keywords_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])));									 

Hi Coopco,

Very appreciate you post your "so important sentence" in this forum again:

Every one know you are professional, and I am a fresh at this area, If I understand what's wrong with that, I would not come here post the question to let you say so rude language in this forum.

Even You are professional at this area, Please be good to others ok? others will willing to come to looking for the help, and that maybe is the reason of this forum!

I will say again, If you can help, I am very apprecate, If you can not, Please Please Please do not post your aphorism again, as that is useless to others in this forum!!!

Thanks for your cooperation!

John

Thank you for your kind words, and for pointing out how rude it was for me to suggest that you recheck your edits again. I won't make that mistake again.

It looks like you did not follow the installation instructions correctly?

In admin/categories.php

Did you replace:

$sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]));

With:

$sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]),
	   'categories_htc_title_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_desc_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_keywords_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_description_array[$language_id]));

or with:

$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id]),
								'products_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'][$language_id]),
								'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]),
								'products_head_title_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),
								'products_head_desc_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),
								'products_head_keywords_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])));									 

Here is my admin/categories.php:

$languages = tep_get_languages();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

$categories_name_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_name'];

$categories_htc_title_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_title_tag'];

$categories_htc_desc_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_desc_tag'];

$categories_htc_keywords_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_keywords_tag'];

$categories_htc_description_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_description'];

$language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

I think I displaced with the right code like what you metioned above, and the error message is gone!!

Many Thanks rvsupply! :rolleyes:

There is another enquiry if you don't mind.

But When I go to my website admin and try to edit the product. I can not find the place for the product name, overthere only Product description, not for Product name.

So I went to the Header Tags SEO, and after click the Control Page, got this error on the top:

Error Found Missing Tags:

Products table has 2 items with missing meta tag information.Categories table has 2 items with missing meta tag information.

and go the test under Header Tags SEO, and click test, I get this error:

Missing Code in File

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_info.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the product_reviews_write.php file cannot be found.

The Header Tags head code for the specials.php file cannot be found.

Confused and don't know where are the problems, trying to check all the steps of this installation.

Thanks!

John