• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any one want to give some feedback?

hobaugh

Any one want to give some feedback?

The site is by no means perfect yet. I need to work on a better logo (any ideas?) and get more products in the cart.

The UPS shipping module is giving me fits and as I write this does not work. I realy need to get the new UPS API and make a new module.

One specific issue that I would like comments on is the color of the buttons. I have the color of the buttons different from the rest of the color on the site. My reasoning for this was so that they will stand out better and make for easier navigation.

I am a programmer, not a designer, I find it very difficult to come up with design ideas.

http://www.ecomade.com/

Thanks,

Doug

I like it, simple but clean. I would however change the green of the logo to a softer green that matches the stylesheet colors.

I like your rounded infoboxes.

HTH

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

It's pretty much the standard Oscommerce layout, but you have spent some time to make it look different...which is good.

I agree about the Logo, the green might look better matched to the rest of the site, also the CSS class "pageHeading" could do with being made smaller (IMO)...

Good work.

Little bit too plain for my liking.

Although I like the little alteration you have to the product info page.

Apart from that a little uninspiring I have to say.

CC.

P.S.

Gary - Did you know all this time your avatar does not work??

I keep meaning to say, I just forget.

That is of course unless your avatar is a nasty little red 'X'

I agree its a bit plain, there is something I like about the site and something i dont i just cant put my finger on it. All the info is there, maybe its the Green colour its a bit insipid? maybe add a black line/shadow to all the green?

Could you tell me how you make the little rounded boxes, its something im quite interested in doing myself!

I agree that it's a bit dull.

I tried a darker color green but I thought that your eyes focused that instead of the products.

That's why I went with a light color green, to make the products stand out better.

Graphics my very well help, but since I'm not a graphic designer and I don't have the cash to hire one that is hard to do. If I was selling games then I could put all kinds of graphics to spiff it up. But what do you do when you sell Environmentally safe products? I haven't figured out that one yet.

maybe add a black line/shadow to all the green?

Wouldn't I have to make everything a graphic then? Right now only the rounded ends are graphic. This way I don't need a graphic heading for every info box.

Could you tell me how you make the little rounded boxes, its something IM quite interested in doing myself!

Download my style sheet (stylesheet.css) and save the default.php page for offline viewing (so the images will be saved) grab the HTML.

You will want to make a new class that extends tablebox. I just copied the infoBox class and changed the name and then added the HTML to it.

The only problem is that Netscape 4 won't display the boxes correctly. What I did in my roundedInfoBox class was to check for Netscape 4 and call the regular infoBoxHeading and infoBox classes if Netscape was being used.

Thank you all for your comments.

Archived