• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Website Payments Standard

ardesjo

So I chose to install the PayPal Express but then realized that it won't accept CC from the customer, they must have a PayPal account.

Sow now I'm about to change to PayPal Website Payments Standard.

A couple of questions:

1. Will that let the customer use CC? I have a business account.

2. It's asking for "Your Private Key", "Your Public Certificate", "PayPals Public Certificate", "Your PayPal Public Certificate ID".

Where do I get all of these? What is *.pem? Is there a guide to get started with this?

If I want the user to pay with CC without having an account with PayPal, is that the module to use? Or something else?

Thanks,

Stephanie

I have exactly the same queries as above.

I have set up the PayPal Website Payments Standard and filled all out the info I can, but don't know where to get the info for question 2 (above query).

When I try to place an order as a test there are no payment options at all! Very frustrating! :blink:

Hello,

PayPal Website Payments Standard worked fine with me

you don't need to fill them all

I have it like this:

Enable PayPal Website Payments Standard

True

E-Mail Address

put here your paypal e-mail

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal Standard]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Gateway Server

Live

Transaction Method

Sale

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

Ok, I did that and it works, but how can I make it go past the first screen (the option is small for them to click the button and use a credit card without a paypal account) and move right to the screen as if they pressed the pay with credit card if you don't want to make a paypal account (the screen is already populated with their name and address).

If you look at the demo on the paypal site, it shows that screen as well when someone picks that option for checkout.

Thanks all,

Steve

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!

Otoor, I have mine set up exactly like yours, but when I try to checkout it comes up with an error saying "Please select a payment method for your order."

There is no option to select any payment option on the checkout page. What am i doing wrong?! :huh:

Otoor, I have mine set up exactly like yours, but when I try to checkout it comes up with an error saying "Please select a payment method for your order."

There is no option to select any payment option on the checkout page. What am i doing wrong?! :huh:

I had the same thing happen when I just selected the standard, but when I also turned on the paypal express

module it allowed the selection of either standard or express. I just have the standard as default for that

screen when I comes up.

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!

Lucy, I have a heavily moded site before I installed the paypal web standard and I did not have any issues. I would uninstall the module and reinstall it.

So I chose to install the PayPal Express but then realized that it won't accept CC from the customer, they must have a PayPal account.

Sow now I'm about to change to PayPal Website Payments Standard.

A couple of questions:

1. Will that let the customer use CC? I have a business account.

2. It's asking for "Your Private Key", "Your Public Certificate", "PayPals Public Certificate", "Your PayPal Public Certificate ID".

Where do I get all of these? What is *.pem? Is there a guide to get started with this?

If I want the user to pay with CC without having an account with PayPal, is that the module to use? Or something else?

Thanks,

Stephanie

I am using PWA (Pay without account) 2.0g,h on my site and I am current working on figuring out how to adapt the original paypal web payments standard mod with the PWA. As it stands now the dummy account does not get removed from the database. I am also using UTemails to format all email in HTML but the paypal has coding to fire off the email from within the module so i am also working on that as well. I will post when I get a solution.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried installing Website Payments Standard and while being transferred to PayPal, I get the message "This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency."

My default currency is CA (Canadian). What do I need to change to get this to work?? If I use the default PayPal module I get a '0' amount in PayPal. I don't know what to do. I haven't been able to get PayPal to work at all! Please help!!

I tried installing Website Payments Standard and while being transferred to PayPal, I get the message "This recipient does not accept payments denominated in USD. Please contact the seller and ask him to update his payment receiving preferences to accept this currency."

My default currency is CA (Canadian). What do I need to change to get this to work?? If I use the default PayPal module I get a '0' amount in PayPal. I don't know what to do. I haven't been able to get PayPal to work at all! Please help!!

I think this is what you must do. Login to your PayPal account. Go to your Profile settings. Go to Payment Receiving Preferences and see if you are set to accept other currencies. Once you have your settings correct, you can accept Canadian or USD.

I accept and ship orders worldwide and have never had a problem with any customers.

Curley61

Ok so I am trying to do the manual install for Harald's Paypal Website Payments Standard and it says to install one of the files in "ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php". I have looked through my directory structure and cannot find an "ext" directory. Could that be referring to the "extras" directory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ok so I am trying to do the manual install for Harald's Paypal Website Payments Standard and it says to install one of the files in "ext/modules/payment/paypal/standard_ipn.php". I have looked through my directory structure and cannot find an "ext" directory. Could that be referring to the "extras" directory.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You should have an "ext" folder in your "catalog" folder and one in your "admin" folder. If you don't, create one and put the files there.

Paul

Hmm, I will add one and see what happens. I have been running/modding the site for 4+ years and have never seen anything else mention the ext folder. What else uses it?

Edited by bjhampe

Okay so I added the folder and installed the module. Got the Sandbox up and running but here is an issue that I noticed white testing. Once they make a payment and get the receipt page, I get the order in admin however if they do not click on "Return to Merchant", I do not get the confirmation email sent. I know that "Auto Return" can solve this issue but does anybody know if you can have multiple "Auto Return URL's"? We use the same Paypal account for ebay and the oscommerce store.

Okay so I added the folder and installed the module. Got the Sandbox up and running but here is an issue that I noticed white testing. Once they make a payment and get the receipt page, I get the order in admin however if they do not click on "Return to Merchant", I do not get the confirmation email sent. I know that "Auto Return" can solve this issue but does anybody know if you can have multiple "Auto Return URL's"? We use the same Paypal account for ebay and the oscommerce store.

I use eBay and two websites. I may be wrong but I don't think the auto return will apply to eBay. I think it only applies when the payments come from a website other than eBay.

Paul

I use eBay and two websites. I may be wrong but I don't think the auto return will apply to eBay. I think it only applies when the payments come from a website other than eBay.

Paul

Hi Curley,

can you tell me how to turn on the "Auto Return" Option please?

Cheers,

Ok, I did that and it works, but how can I make it go past the first screen (the option is small for them to click the button and use a credit card without a paypal account) and move right to the screen as if they pressed the pay with credit card if you don't want to make a paypal account (the screen is already populated with their name and address).

If you look at the demo on the paypal site, it shows that screen as well when someone picks that option for checkout.

Thanks all,

Steve

Hey Steve,

If you logged in Paypal before (hence, have a cookie), then the Paypal landing page tries to force you to login, this is why the option to pay directly by Credit Card is quite small ... If you clear your cookies, then you will see that the landing page has a full Credit Card form for the customer to fill in, + the option to create a Paypal account ..

If paypal code has a feel that You have paypal account then it will open payment by paypal.

But an option to pay by credit card is also there.

If Your profile settings state they accept cc payment.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.