• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installed this menu but no link in admin

nihanshe

Hi I am trying to install this menu but I see no link in the admin>configuration

all the changes to all the files within catalog just above the closing head tag have been completed

<?php

if ( defined('FWR_SUCKERTREE_MENU_ON') && FWR_SUCKERTREE_MENU_ON === 'true' )

echo '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="fwr_suckertree_css_menu.php" />';

?>

</head>

I have replaced the one line in catalog/includes/column_left.php

if(defined('FWR_SUCKERTREE_MENU_ON') && 'true' === FWR_SUCKERTREE_MENU_ON) {

include(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'fwr_categories.php');

} else

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

Browse to www.ukpenkits.com/AdminMenuOptions_installer.php and the relevant database entries will be automatically installed. this causes a 404 error

Enable Suckertree Menu = true/false - turns the menu system on/off but I see no link in the admin

Please help this is my 3rd attempt

Nihanshe

http://ukpenkits.com/catalog/ is your url, where should the file be?

Hi thanks for the quick reply I'm sorry bit of a newby at this I dot understand what you mean by where the file should be sorry!!

I have followed the instructions to the letter on this.

kind regards Nihanshe

I'm back again sorry guys, I have this warning now

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/categories.ser) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ukpenkicom/public_html/) in /home/ukpenkicom/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/fwr_cat_functions.php on line 110

Warning: fopen(/tmp/categories.ser) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/ukpenkicom/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/fwr_cat_functions.php on line 110

Couldn't fopen categories.ser

these are my settings within the admin

Enable FWR Menu = true/false true

Choose sort params = categories_id or sort_order c.categories_id

Cache path: True uses standard osc DIR_FS_CACHE.

False will try to write to catalog root. DIR_FS_CACHE

Reset the categories menu. true

Many thanks, really sorry about this guys

Mervyn

I'm back again sorry guys, I have this warning now

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/categories.ser) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ukpenkicom/public_html/) in /home/ukpenkicom/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/fwr_cat_functions.php on line 110

Warning: fopen(/tmp/categories.ser) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/ukpenkicom/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/fwr_cat_functions.php on line 110

these are my settings within the admin

Choose sort params = categories_id or sort_order c.categories_id

Many thanks, really sorry about this guys

Mervyn

Look here

Hi I have read most of the postings in your link and Im even more confused its was mostly on cache and temp directories

and I just do not understand either more so the cache side of things

The instruction for the menu said I have to create a directory called categories.ser I dont know where this categories have to be saved and I dont know what cache settings i should have.

Please sorry to be a pain in the ass

Mervyn

Hi I have read most of the postings in your link and Im even more confused its was mostly on cache and temp directories

and I just do not understand either more so the cache side of things

The instruction for the menu said I have to create a directory called categories.ser I dont know where this categories have to be saved and I dont know what cache settings i should have.

Please sorry to be a pain in the ass

Mervyn

Some systems will not allow the file to be created, in which case you will have to create the file manually and chmod 0777 or 0755 dependant on your server settings. The file should be called categories.ser

So it is a file.

In admin

False will try to write to catalog root. Choose true to use the standard cache path as set in configuration. False will attempt to write to shop root.

Using false attempts to write to the catalog directory.

Some systems will not allow the file to be created, in which case you will have to create the file manually and chmod 0777 or 0755 dependant on your server settings. The file should be called categories.ser

So it is a file.

In admin

False will try to write to catalog root. Choose true to use the standard cache path as set in configuration. False will attempt to write to shop root.

Using false attempts to write to the catalog directory.

Hi ok I have set the use cache to true in the admin I realize I have to create a file called categories.se but I dont know where this file has to stored ie what directory (catalog directory) do i just save a new blank file called categories.se and save it in catalog/ or /home/ukpenkicom/public_html/catalog/includes/functions and then set the permissions to be writable.

I know your trying to help me coopco and I apologize for my persistence but i know nothing about php at all and the settings within the admin.

Mervyn

Hi ok I have set the use cache to true in the admin I realize I have to create a file called categories.se but I dont know where this file has to stored ie what directory (catalog directory) do i just save a new blank file called categories.se and save it in catalog/ or /home/ukpenkicom/public_html/catalog/includes/functions and then set the permissions to be writable.

I know your trying to help me coopco and I apologize for my persistence but i know nothing about php at all and the settings within the admin.

Mervyn

The shop root is your catalog directory. Set the cache path to false.

Ok done that Coopco.

still got the message on http://www.ukpenkits.com/catalog/

Warning: fopen(categories.ser) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ukpenkicom/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/fwr_cat_functions.php on line 110

Regards Mervyn

Ok done that Coopco.

still got the message on http://www.ukpenkits.com/catalog/

Warning: fopen(categories.ser) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ukpenkicom/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/fwr_cat_functions.php on line 110

Regards Mervyn

Did you chmod categories.ser to 0777 or 0755 dependant on your server settings?

Did you chmod categories.ser to 0777 or 0755 dependant on your server settings?

hi coopco I will set the permissions to 777 but that file is not yet created as i am not sure how to create or what to do with the file categories.ser do I over-right another file and save it as categories.ser and then upload it to a specific directory.

thanks for your patients

Mervyn

Hi cannot get into catalog directory at all

no admin no

and no catalog

please help

403 permission denied

You have been denied permission to enter this directory or run this script / file.

This may be due to:

* The Script or File has incorrect permissions.

* The contents of this folder are private.

* The Script or File is set to deny your access.

hi coopco I will set the permissions to 777 but that file is not yet created as i am not sure how to create or what to do with the file categories.ser do I over-right another file and save it as categories.ser and then upload it to a specific directory.

thanks for your patients

Mervyn

How hard is it to create a text file, renamne it and then ftp it to your web host.

How hard is it to create a text file, renamne it and then ftp it to your web host.

Hi I did that but to what directory coopco. and what information is in the text file if any surely it's not a blank file

If you help me sort this coopco and get the menu enabled I will send you $20.00

regards Mervyn

Hi I did that but to what directory coopco. and what information is in the text file if any surely it's not a blank file

If you help me sort this coopco and get the menu enabled I will send you $20.00

regards Mervyn

Blank file ftp to your catalog directory and set the permissions.

Don't want your money.

Blank file ftp to your catalog directory and set the permissions.

Don't want your money.

Thanks coopco I have already created that file in the catalog directory with the permissions set to 777 full read and write

here are the settings with in the admin config FWR menu

Choose sort params = categories_id or sort_order c.sort_order

the use cache is set to FALSE

and the cache directory is /tmp/

and this is still the error when you visit http://www.ukpenkits.com/catalog/

Thanks coopco I just need to to get this up and running and if have to pay someone i will

Edited by nihanshe

Try

Enable FWR Menu = true/false false

Thanks done them settings no have this error

cheers coopco

Thanks done them settings no have this error

cheers coopco

Are you sure you have the permissions correct on the categories.ser file?

Are you sure you have the permissions correct on the categories.ser file?

think so 777 is full write permissions, gives me owner group and public

just check something with ya

Enable FWR Menu = true/false false this turns off the menu and my catalog page returns

Choose sort params = categories_id or sort_order c.sort_order

False will try to write to catalog root. false

Reset the categories menu. false

I put this settings in and then get the errors

now the totally blank file that was created (categories.ser) has no text at all and I mean nothing just a white blank page

Regards Mervyn

Hi coopco many thanks for the help you gave me on this got it working now, but for some reason works fine in firefox tested in IE, is the a fix for IE as the menu do not transition outside the box I'm sure this is not meant to happen this way as the links are unreadable as they are squashed had a search around the posting but could not find anything about this.

Again many thanks.

Mervyn

http://www.ukpenkits.com/catalog/

Hi coopco many thanks for the help you gave me on this got it working now, but for some reason works fine in firefox tested in IE, is the a fix for IE as the menu do not transition outside the box I'm sure this is not meant to happen this way as the links are unreadable as they are squashed had a search around the posting but could not find anything about this.

Again many thanks.

Mervyn

http://www.ukpenkits.com/catalog/

It is fine in IE6.