• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[cotnribution]Animated specials, whats_new and Best_sellers display boxes

Airsoft-warrior

Great contribution but i'm having problems figuring out why when clicking on the product information does the contribution queries and displays all the whats new and specials at once instead of displaying like it does on the main page.

here's my site

www.missionviejocoins.com

nevermind i figured it out, i had to manually add the javascript code

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.2.6.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.cycle.all.pack.js"></script>

to each individual oscommerce page.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This contribution does not work in combination with lightbox.js javascript functions for image popups. So choose either...

Hi, no light box doesn't work with this contribution, however shadowbox.js with the jquery adapter does work and the best part about it is that I believe it is compatable with lightbox, so you need not change any of your html image links for lightbox. Shadowbox and its reference can be found here:

http://www.mjijackson.com/shadowbox/

You'll find the information about compatabillity with lightbox on the Usage page, about 2/3 the way down. Shadowbox also supports iframes, flash movies and almost any content you want to throw at it,

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear friends,

I tried to install this great contribution to my shop, but I have not been able to make it work, because instead of a box with a picture and the impact to change, what happens is that listed all the photos in a box vertical. (whats_new Box)

Here you can see a picture of what I mean: http://www.otrosmundos.es/Fotos/Animated.jpg

I've followed all the instructions to detail, but there is no way.

Thank you very much beforehand and see you soon.

Adolfo

Burgos, Spain

Pd: I regret that my English was so disastrous.

Solved!

The problem was simply that the path to the folder "JS" in the script came with lowercase letters, and the contribution of the folder in lowercase, and that's why it was not found.

Thank you all.

One doubt: BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW is set from the css? (typeface, and everything else) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same question. How to change box heading title and background color???

Also, only in index and in product listing pages the animated box works. In cart page etc the products scrolls down out of the box and they are static.

If anyone can help it will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Marios.

• 2 months later...

I really like this contrib but am having quite a few problems with it.

1) Cannot get the frame to show up properly with the rest of the theme in the CSS. I have got the font types and colours right, but cannot get the borders and backgrounds to work.

2) It shows the infoboxes regardless of whether there are any items in it. i.e. the specials one is showing even though I have no specials setup at the moment.

3) It isn't working on any page other than the main catalog page and is doing the same thing (showing all items) down the page as described by other above.

Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick note.

Looked at the install and some questions here.

to get this contrib to work on other pages other than index, the javascript needs to be called.

add these lines before the </head> tag,

so for product_info add the javascript call, etc.....

as for the question about how do I change the title colour etc.... we didn't call a class so add one.

ie in whats new line 17 BOX_HEADING_WHATS_NEW - (this is the giveaway) in the <td align="center" CLASS="FUNKYGREENMEDINA">

and add to css

.FUNKYGREENMEDINA {

colour:#00FF00;

font-size:18;

font-family : Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

}

I hope this helps some of you out there.

I really like this contrib but am having quite a few problems with it.

1) Cannot get the frame to show up properly with the rest of the theme in the CSS. I have got the font types and colours right, but cannot get the borders and backgrounds to work.

2) It shows the infoboxes regardless of whether there are any items in it. i.e. the specials one is showing even though I have no specials setup at the moment.

3) It isn't working on any page other than the main catalog page and is doing the same thing (showing all items) down the page as described by other above.

Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks in advance.

to answer point 2.

this contrib just replaces the standard infoboxes, so if you don't want to display them you will need to put some form of logic test around the call to the module or just comment it out. this will be in column_ left or right depends on your code.

Hello please I have troubles, please I can´t make this incredible contribution because I have installed Thin Blue template.

Please can you edit for it?

here is my thin blue modificated boxes: http://www.protecta.sk/boxes.zip

Sorry, do you mean you want the colors to match the blue/white theme of your site? (The link only has the php files)

You can change the colors in caralog\stylesheet.css,

IE the flaming green paintball colour text is set in stylesheet.css as

"

.whatsnew a{/* Hyperlink style within specials products*/

color:#33FF00;

"

color:#33FF00; is the paintball green color, change it to

color:#00afdc; for the lightish (top) blue.

color:#009ec6; for the background (middle) blue.

color:#0088a5; for the darker (lower) blue

color:#FFFFFF; for the white.

I'd use #f7fcff as the box' background on your specific template.

PS. Does anyone know how I can make the contribution compatible with newflow?

It also uses scripts defined in the heading, when I install this contribution newflows scripts don't work properly.

I have moved the scripts above/below each other only to have the adverse effect.

I really like the specials & Best sellers, but whats new will be disabled.

Here is an example of my index.php:

"

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/scriptaculous.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/reflection.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/protoFlow.js"></script>

<script language="Javascript">

Event.observe(window, 'load', function(event)

{

var ProtFlowExample = new ProtoFlow($("protoflow"), {

startIndex: 2, //which image do you want the flow to focus on by default

interval: 20,

slider: false, //show or hide slider?

flex: 300,

captions: true, //show or hide captions, by default we hide it. So YOU MUST turn it on here

autoplay: false,

autoplayInterval: 10,

useReflection: true, //Add reflection to your images. Please note that this will slow down rendering.

enableOnClickScroll: true, //add NEW! if you wish to keep scrolling on click just set this to be true

enableKeyboard: true,

enableMouse: true

});

});

</script>

"

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"

- Albert Einstein

Hello thank you,

yes there is only php files, but I have thin blue template and it have own template modification, and I want only what I can include or replace in there php files, because if I overwrite it it change all my template and my site is show wrong.

Hello thank you,

yes there is only php files, but I have thin blue template and it have own template modification, and I want only what I can include or replace in there php files, because if I overwrite it it change all my template and my site is show wrong.

I don't know anything you can put in the php files.

If you change the line in stylesheet

"

.whatsnew a{/* Hyperlink style within specials products*/

"

It wont affect anything else.

What exactly is "showing wrong" (give details)

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"

- Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

PS. Does anyone know how I can make the contribution compatible with newflow?

It also uses scripts defined in the heading, when I install this contribution newflows scripts don't work properly.

I have moved the scripts above/below each other only to have the adverse effect.

I really like the specials & Best sellers, but whats new will be disabled.

It is obvoiusly an imcompatibility between the js liberies, and I don't want to get into that!

However, we did and do use a our own module which does something really similar, if you wanted the scroll up and down should be an easy fix with css and the holding div.

Enough waffle, there is a working version at www.sexy-cinderella.co.uk , it should auto scroll but i've knocked it out somewhere will repair it later.

If your interested i will tidy up the code as we have it set up for multiple instances of a featured box each instance being configurable and a straight install would be probably tedious.

let me know...

Edited by Airsoft-warrior

• 2 months later...

Hello,

just a small notice, I tried using animated best_sellers.php on column_right.php and I always had the message "Notice: Use of undefined constant current_category_id - assumed 'current_category_id' ...(etc)". Apparently best_sellers.php has a small bug on line 9?

original:

if (isset($current_category_id) && (current_category_id >0)){

perhaps it should be:

if (isset($current_category_id) && ($current_category_id >0)){

After this small change it seems to be working ok now.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The what's new box has changed in this contribution. Instead random selected products, it shows new products in an array with a default direction.

For example: show pic 1, pic 2, pic, and so on. Perfectly for the main index page.

But when the vistor navigate to products, the what's new box starts over again, beginning showing pic 1 in the samen default direction. Then the vistor navigate further to another product and again the what's new box starts over again, beginning with pic 1. When navigating quite fast, always the samen product will show up in the what's new box.

I want this contribution the what's new box displays products at random. Can someone help me out?