• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Constructive criticism sought

ais

I would appreciate some comments on an implementation of osCommerce that I am working on.

I should mention few things.

1. The colour scheme is supposed to represent the blue/yellow colours of the European Union. Not sure if I captured it very well.

2. The pics I have are all there is to have and as more/better ones are made available, they will be upgraded.

3. The shop operates as a central order desk only. Shipping and payment issues are handled by a local agent. You can therefore place an order without having to make any payment - so please feel free to make some test purchases.

Other than that I am looking for input to help improve what I have.

TIA all.

Main site/theme : http://euro-tennis.net/en/ (for ref)

Shop : http://euro-tennis.net/shop/ (click on cart to enter)

why oh why did I ever start...

The European blue and yellow are fine - it's the rest of the colours that lessen the impact. The slightly orangy boxes and borders and the general background. Have you tried some light grey or light blue here?

The buttons too are nice, but don't go with the rest. The box headers are images, but the font is way over anti-aliased -til they are fuzzy.

You don't need the currency box if you only have euros. Would French be useful? There is a French language pack in Contributions. Speaking of contributions - the drop down box for categories: it's a mute point whether this is better than the standard menu....

Anyway good luck!

I have to agree with the previous comments. Loosing the currencies box, adjusting the box-images, etc.

I'm also not sure about the circle in the box-images ... what purpose does it serve?

The header could use some color ... blending in with the logo.

I really dig the dark colorscheme (in the beginning) ... but the euro colors aren't bad at all. Be sure to change the hover color of your links, because it doesn't fit in.

You are confronting people with your policies in the beginning. I'm fine with that decision. But clicking on the privacy or any other page for that matter, one gets overwhelmed by the "continue shopping" buttons in all corners. One button properly placed would suffice. :wink:

Take care, Richard

Thanks for the input everyone.

I have made some changes based on the previous input I have received.

Would really appreciate getting some more input and from more people would be absolutely great.

TIA all.

why oh why did I ever start...

Archived