• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Panic - Installation Probs

orderfromchaos

Installed this: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5935

Now it did not appear in my shipping module, and now the right side (edit, etc) of all the shipping modules in my admin don't appear. I tried restoring from backup but its not okay again - no changes. It over wrote my original usps module (w/o tracking).

Help! Can we make the restore work or fix the contrib?

Calming down. I got the right side to appear again. Still not able to restore. I use the restore process and the same overwritten file is there time and date stamped after my restore point.

Is it not restoring because it was over written? has the same file name?

I guest the restoring you mean is the database restoring.

However your scenario i think mainly is due to file alteration that caused the crash in files, hence restoring database normally won't help.

What you need to do is replacing back the orginal php file to override whatever modification you have done.

If you didn't save a copy of your original file before performing the modification, you may be in deep shit.

Good luck!!

I guest the restoring you mean is the database restoring.

However your scenario i think mainly is due to file alteration that caused the crash in files, hence restoring database normally won't help.

What you need to do is replacing back the orginal php file to override whatever modification you have done.

If you didn't save a copy of your original file before performing the modification, you may be in deep shit.

Good luck!!

and delete any of the module backup files from the server eg thisfile.php.bak or thisfile_old.php

Yes I soon discovered that backup up in admin wasnt the entire store just the database. I wish I had known sooner. I didnt have a backup of the php files. However I know the changes I made and unchanged them and I was working off a new osC so I copied original files and replaced what I had previously written over. now I have a full back up.

Now I am pre-contrib but still have no idea to make this contrib work.

Can't help u in the manner as i didn use this add on, nevertheless, the most efficient way is to use software like examdiff to find what is the additional code altered by the contributor:

http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiff

I have installed plenty of contributions, some works some doesn't, can't demand further as this is open source, haha.

Good Luck!!