• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with Header Tags

theinkjetmarket

Hi Jack

I think my header tags installation is working but I have noticed a few problems since.

I noticed that Heading_Title is missing from my pages. I get the welcome message but when I click on a category the work Category is missing.

I think that it is someting to do with the index.php page so I started with a fresh file and amended as per your instructions and still no joy. I have done this a few times.

Please see this code from my modified index.php file:

// Get the right image for the top-right
$image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
  $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
  $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
  $image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
} elseif ($current_category_id) {
  $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
  $image = $image['categories_image'];
}
?>
		<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
	   <td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, $htc['htc_title'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <?php if (tep_not_null($htc['htc_description'])) { ?>
	  <tr>
	   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	   <td colspan="2"><h2><?php echo $htc['htc_description']; ?></h2></td>
	  </tr>
	  <?php } 
	  /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

In the modified code HEADING_TITLE is replaced by ['htc_title']

Is this where the problem is?

Do you know what the problem might be?

Additionally I have lost my breadcrumb and am not sure if the problems are related?

Here is the thread I started on that until I discovered the HEADING_TITLE was missing.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Garry

Hi Jack

I think my header tags installation is working but I have noticed a few problems since.

I noticed that Heading_Title is missing from my pages. I get the welcome message but when I click on a category the work Category is missing.

I think that it is someting to do with the index.php page so I started with a fresh file and amended as per your instructions and still no joy. I have done this a few times.

Please see this code from my modified index.php file:

// Get the right image for the top-right
$image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
  $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
  $image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
} elseif ($current_category_id) {
  $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
  $image = $image['categories_image'];
}
?>
		<?php /*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>
	   <td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, $htc['htc_title'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <?php if (tep_not_null($htc['htc_description'])) { ?>
	  <tr>
	   <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	   <td colspan="2"><h2><?php echo $htc['htc_description']; ?></h2></td>
	  </tr>
	  <?php } 
	  /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

In the modified code HEADING_TITLE is replaced by ['htc_title']

Is this where the problem is?

Do you know what the problem might be?

Additionally I have lost my breadcrumb and am not sure if the problems are related?

Here is the thread I started on that until I discovered the HEADING_TITLE was missing.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Garry

Jack

Better let you know that it is all sorted. The solution is strange to me but you may understand it!!

One of my categories had an image that I wanted to change so uploaded another from admin panel and hey presto the category name appeared!!

For the other categories in turn all I did was select the categorie, click edit, then click save - and the titles appeared and the breadcrumb came back also!!

Is there a reason for this?

Best Regards and thanks.

Garry

Jack you appear to be a very seasoned and influencial member of the osc community so I will bounce this off you. I am not sure if this fits with the ethics of the forum but I have had a lot of help from people like you for free and you give up a lot of your time. How about a donate button on the forum for donations to a charity?

Can you imagine how they would benefit if they got £1 for every question posted???

I am very grateful anyway!!