• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

freeamount 3.5e

Jeep1997

I have downloaded the contribution freeamount 3.5e and installed it on two of my sites. On both sites I have configured to allow for free shipping if a purchase is over $100. Neither of my sites are showing free shipping as an option at check out. On one site I have installed both UPS (xml) and USPS Methods. On the other site I have only installed USPS Methods.

I am guessing that there is some issue in the checkout_shipping.php file as there is a ton of code in there talking about a free shipping option. I assume that this is some sort of a default free shipping from within the oscommerce package, but I cant find where I would set the free shipping defaults.

Has anyone run into this before where the Contribution is not showing up?

Thanks

Rick

I have downloaded the contribution freeamount 3.5e and installed it on two of my sites. On both sites I have configured to allow for free shipping if a purchase is over $100. Neither of my sites are showing free shipping as an option at check out. On one site I have installed both UPS (xml) and USPS Methods. On the other site I have only installed USPS Methods.

I am guessing that there is some issue in the checkout_shipping.php file as there is a ton of code in there talking about a free shipping option. I assume that this is some sort of a default free shipping from within the oscommerce package, but I cant find where I would set the free shipping defaults.

Thanks

Rick

After setting it up in admin, it is the same with any payment or shipping module.

install in admin

give each a unique sort order

make sure your zones are set up correctly

Edited by Coopco

Thanks

Rick

Assuming that you have installed the contrib correctly freeamount appears when you actually have exceeded the free amount value!!!

I also had another problem which I dont remember but I managed to solve it BUT i ended up NOT using the freeamount option!!!

Try making a huge order and see if free shipping option appears

PS try the latest version 3.5f

Edited by diy

I have not set up anything with zones. so I left the zone as none in the admin. I have also set the amount to 100.00 and attempted to put through a sale at $1000+ dollars. Yet nothing is showing up.

hmm... I am sure it is something simple that I am missing... I am going to attempt to set up zones now and process an order.

I have also updated to the latest version ... 3.5f

Any other Ideas while I try to set up zones?

Thanks

Rick

Edited by rhusk

• 6 months later...

I have a simple question, i have instaled this contributions, it works nice, but i have a little problem.

i set sort order for this modul as "0" and for other shipping i set "1", that freeamount will be display at first.

My question is, how can i make that this option will be chosed automaticly. On page with shipping confirmation i can see it but another shipping option below is active, so the customer must chose it manual, and when he not see this he will pay for shipping, thats not correct.

Can somebosy help me. Sorry for my little gramatical mistakes.

EnDerman

I have a simple question, i have instaled this contributions, it works nice, but i have a little problem.

i set sort order for this modul as "0" and for other shipping i set "1", that freeamount will be display at first.

My question is, how can i make that this option will be chosed automaticly. On page with shipping confirmation i can see it but another shipping option below is active, so the customer must chose it manual, and when he not see this he will pay for shipping, thats not correct.

Can somebosy help me. Sorry for my little gramatical mistakes.

EnDerman

Not only grammatical, but also spelling mistakes.

Usually the cheapest option is automatically selected. You don't say what the other option is.

BTW, I never use a sort order of 0 for any module.

the other option is Shipping with DHL-Germany.

I have tried also with sort order "1" and "2", but it was still the same problem.

Do you have a stock osc (if so, what version) or a template?

I don't know what version it is, i have become it form somebody. I don't have if from oscommerce site.

This version that i have has changes that you need here in germany. I think, i search a little more in german forum. Maybe there are people, they have the same problem like me.

And I do better understand them.

Thanks at first for your time.