• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The OSCommerce affiliate program

hmonem

Hi guys,

I have this section in my OS Commerce store, but I don't understand how to set up the affiliate program. I've never set one up. If you've done this before, please share some info on how this is done and how to link to products and how a potential affiliate signs up on our site.

Affiliates

Summary

Affiliates

Payment

Sales

Clicks

Banners

Affiliate News

Affiliate Newsletter

Contact

Thank you,

Sam

www.buywholesaleclothing.com

How to use OSC Affiliate:

++++++++++

CONFIGURATION TAB IN ADMIN:

Affiliate Pay Per Sales Payment % - amount of commission you will pay each affiliate for each order. This is a global %.

Payment Threshold - minimum amount an affiliate has to have earned before you will payout. This is a total of all commissions, not per sale.

(example: if your threshold is $25, when you press payment, commissions to be paid won't be calculated until their cumulative commissions equals $25 or more.)

Cookie Timeout - how long the cookie to track affiliate clicks will be active. This is in seconds.

Billing Time - How aged an order needs to be before you will pay commission. This is important so you can exclude any returns. Recommend 30 days

Order Min Status - The status the account needs to be in before it will calculate a commission for an affiliate sale. In my shop, "1"= pending, "2"= processing and "3" = completed/shipped.

Pay Affilaites by (check, bank, paypal) - Payment methods you will offer your affiliates for paying their commissions. This program does not have a payment system.. you will have to do that seperately/on your own using paypal or writing checks, etc.

Individual Affliate Percentage - If you want to assign a specific percentage to an affiliate instead of the global %

Use Affiliate Tier - set whether your affiliate can have affiliates

Tier Levels - how many levels? Just an affiliate and one affiliate under, or can the affiliate under the affiliate have an affiliate under them and so on?

Percentage Rate for Tier Levels - Payout options for the tier affiliates. You must have Individual affiliate turned off

to use tier levels

Affiliate News - How many "Affiliate News" items appear under news for affiliates when they log into their affiliate account.

+++++++++

AFFILIATE TAB IN ADMIN:

Summary - Self Explanatory

Affiliates - Names of affiliates signed up and a link to their individual stats (similar to "Summary")

Payment - This will generate a "payment sheet" for any affiliate sales that qualify for a commission and have the commission amount as pending. That is, the customer's order must be in the "STATUS" that you set in configuration (1, 2, 3, etc.) AND the "billing time" must have passed (set up in configuration) AND the total of commissions for the affiliate must exceed your set "payment threshold". After you actually pay your affiliate, you mark the sale as paid and send an email update to affiliate (similar to how you send one to a customer for a update to their order). This module does not automatically pay any $$ towards affiliate. You do that separately.

Sales - Sales made by the affiliates.

Clicks - Clicks made on affiliate links (sources)

Banners - Set up banners (and text links) for your products/categories

- Set up a banner link and ti will automatically set up a text only link as well, using the name of the banner link.

- Click on the little double squares graphic to the left of the listing of the banners, to see a popup of the banner.

Affiliate News - News to your affiliates. Displays on the screen once your affiliate has logged in. HTML can be used.

Affiliate Newsletter - create affiliate newsletter if you want to mail a newsletter to your affiliates. If you

want HTML newsletters, see below how to make this change.

Contacts - If you want to send an email to an individual affiliate or all affiliates.

++++++++

CHANGE AFFILIATE NEWSLETTER FROM TEXT HTML:

in admin/includes/modules/newsletters/affiliate_newsletter.php

Find this:

$mimemessage->add_text($this->content);

change to:

$mimemessage->add_html($this->content);

++++++++

DISABLE PAYING TAXES ON AFFILIATE PAYMENTS:

Find in admin/affiliate_configure.php:

define ('AFFILIATE_TAX_ID','1'); // Tax Rates used for billing the affiliates

Put this from a 1 to a 0 tax rate.

++++++++

"From" email address on affiliate newsletters or regular affiliate email is not correct:

-Make sure you have set up the email address for your server.

-Make sure you have entered the return email address under the configuration tab.

+++++++

FAQ can be found and edited here:

includes/languages/english/affiliate_faq.php

TERMS can be found and edited here:

includes/languages/english/affiliate_terms.php

+++++++

OTHER CONFIGURATION OPTIONS:

Other configuration options change from false to true or true to false to suit your needs. Where the option

is days, you either enter "false" or the # of days:

/admin/includes/affiliate_configure.php

define ('AFFILIATE_NOTIFY_AFTER_BILLING','false'); // Notify affiliate if he got a new invoice

define ('AFFILIATE_DELETE_ORDERS','false'); // Delete affiliate_sales if an order is deleted (Warning: Only not yet billed sales are deleted)

define ('AFFILIATE_DELETE_CLICKTHROUGHS','false'); // (days / false) To keep the clickthrough report small you can set the days after which they are deleted (when calling affiliate_summary in the admin)

define ('AFFILIATE_DELETE_AFFILIATE_BANNER_HISTORY','false'); // (days / false) To keep thethe table AFFILIATE_BANNER_HISTORY small you can set the days after which they are deleted (when calling affiliate_summary in the admin)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I have this section in my OS Commerce store, but I don't understand how to set up the affiliate program. I've never set one up. If you've done this before, please share some info on how this is done and how to link to products and how a potential affiliate signs up on our site.

Affiliates

Summary

Affiliates

Payment

Sales

Clicks

Banners

Affiliate News

Affiliate Newsletter

Contact

Thank you,

Sam

www.buywholesaleclothing.com

Have to search the forums on this matter? FYI, I dont think you posted in the right forum.

• 2 months later...
How to use OSC Affiliate:

++++++++++

CONFIGURATION TAB IN ADMIN:

Affiliate Pay Per Sales Payment % - amount of commission you will pay each affiliate for each order. This is a global %.

Payment Threshold - minimum amount an affiliate has to have earned before you will payout. This is a total of all commissions, not per sale.

(example: if your threshold is $25, when you press payment, commissions to be paid won't be calculated until their cumulative commissions equals $25 or more.)

Cookie Timeout - how long the cookie to track affiliate clicks will be active. This is in seconds.

Billing Time - How aged an order needs to be before you will pay commission. This is important so you can exclude any returns. Recommend 30 days

Order Min Status - The status the account needs to be in before it will calculate a commission for an affiliate sale. In my shop, "1"= pending, "2"= processing and "3" = completed/shipped.

Pay Affilaites by (check, bank, paypal) - Payment methods you will offer your affiliates for paying their commissions. This program does not have a payment system.. you will have to do that seperately/on your own using paypal or writing checks, etc.

Individual Affliate Percentage - If you want to assign a specific percentage to an affiliate instead of the global %

Use Affiliate Tier - set whether your affiliate can have affiliates

Tier Levels - how many levels? Just an affiliate and one affiliate under, or can the affiliate under the affiliate have an affiliate under them and so on?

Percentage Rate for Tier Levels - Payout options for the tier affiliates. You must have Individual affiliate turned off

to use tier levels

Affiliate News - How many "Affiliate News" items appear under news for affiliates when they log into their affiliate account.

+++++++++

AFFILIATE TAB IN ADMIN:

Summary - Self Explanatory

Affiliates - Names of affiliates signed up and a link to their individual stats (similar to "Summary")

Payment - This will generate a "payment sheet" for any affiliate sales that qualify for a commission and have the commission amount as pending. That is, the customer's order must be in the "STATUS" that you set in configuration (1, 2, 3, etc.) AND the "billing time" must have passed (set up in configuration) AND the total of commissions for the affiliate must exceed your set "payment threshold". After you actually pay your affiliate, you mark the sale as paid and send an email update to affiliate (similar to how you send one to a customer for a update to their order). This module does not automatically pay any $$ towards affiliate. You do that separately.

Sales - Sales made by the affiliates.

Clicks - Clicks made on affiliate links (sources)

Banners - Set up banners (and text links) for your products/categories

- Set up a banner link and ti will automatically set up a text only link as well, using the name of the banner link.

- Click on the little double squares graphic to the left of the listing of the banners, to see a popup of the banner.

Affiliate News - News to your affiliates. Displays on the screen once your affiliate has logged in. HTML can be used.

Affiliate Newsletter - create affiliate newsletter if you want to mail a newsletter to your affiliates. If you

want HTML newsletters, see below how to make this change.

Contacts - If you want to send an email to an individual affiliate or all affiliates.

++++++++

CHANGE AFFILIATE NEWSLETTER FROM TEXT HTML:

in admin/includes/modules/newsletters/affiliate_newsletter.php

Find this:

$mimemessage->add_text($this->content);

change to:

$mimemessage->add_html($this->content);

++++++++

DISABLE PAYING TAXES ON AFFILIATE PAYMENTS:

Find in admin/affiliate_configure.php:

define ('AFFILIATE_TAX_ID','1'); // Tax Rates used for billing the affiliates

Put this from a 1 to a 0 tax rate.

++++++++

"From" email address on affiliate newsletters or regular affiliate email is not correct:

-Make sure you have set up the email address for your server.

-Make sure you have entered the return email address under the configuration tab.

+++++++

FAQ can be found and edited here:

includes/languages/english/affiliate_faq.php

TERMS can be found and edited here:

includes/languages/english/affiliate_terms.php

+++++++

OTHER CONFIGURATION OPTIONS:

Other configuration options change from false to true or true to false to suit your needs. Where the option

is days, you either enter "false" or the # of days:

/admin/includes/affiliate_configure.php

define ('AFFILIATE_NOTIFY_AFTER_BILLING','false'); // Notify affiliate if he got a new invoice

define ('AFFILIATE_DELETE_ORDERS','false'); // Delete affiliate_sales if an order is deleted (Warning: Only not yet billed sales are deleted)

define ('AFFILIATE_DELETE_CLICKTHROUGHS','false'); // (days / false) To keep the clickthrough report small you can set the days after which they are deleted (when calling affiliate_summary in the admin)

define ('AFFILIATE_DELETE_AFFILIATE_BANNER_HISTORY','false'); // (days / false) To keep thethe table AFFILIATE_BANNER_HISTORY small you can set the days after which they are deleted (when calling affiliate_summary in the admin)

configurations exist to prevent the counting of clicks from robots? If you like?

Thanks for the answers

Translated text automatically

• 7 months later...
configurations exist to prevent the counting of clicks from robots? If you like?

Thanks for the answers

Translated text automatically

Hi, I tried every thing to check if the installed affiliate module is correctly functioning. I configured Affiliate Program under configuration tab as per the instruction i.e, followings are the details I configured

E-Mail Address <[email protected]>

Affiliate Pay Per Sale Payment % Rate 10.0000

Payment Threshold 1

Cookie Lifetime 7200

Billing Time 1

Order Min Status 2

Pay Affiliates with check true

Pay Affiliates with PayPal true

Pay Affiliates by Bank true

Individual Affiliate Percentage false

Use Affiliate-tier false

Number of Tierlevels 0

Percentage Rate for the Tierlevels 8.00;5.00;1.00

Affiliate News 3

and then I made the transaction to "completed" and when tried to generate bill in through start billing, it is showing no records.

Please help me.... if I am missing something :(

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I tried every thing to check if the installed affiliate module is correctly functioning. I configured Affiliate Program under configuration tab as per the instruction i.e, followings are the details I configured

E-Mail Address <[email protected]>

Affiliate Pay Per Sale Payment % Rate 10.0000

Payment Threshold 1

Cookie Lifetime 7200

Billing Time 1

Order Min Status 2

Pay Affiliates with check true

Pay Affiliates with PayPal true

Pay Affiliates by Bank true

Individual Affiliate Percentage false

Use Affiliate-tier false

Number of Tierlevels 0

Percentage Rate for the Tierlevels 8.00;5.00;1.00

Affiliate News 3

and then I made the transaction to "completed" and when tried to generate bill in through start billing, it is showing no records.

Please help me.... if I am missing something :(

Hi,

I have same problem. Have you found any solution? Thanks.

• 9 months later...

Has anyone a solution. I have the same problem.

Armin

I am having the very same problem, no entries are appearing in the billing section.

Has anyone found a solution to this??

thanks

Iain

• 1 year later...

I've tested my affiliate page, and when I login as an affiliate, it shows that affiliates have access to the Catalog, Customers/Orders, Affiliates and Tools sections. Most of the functionality in those sections is disabled either way, but I'd rather it not show up in any case. It looks like they have the functionality to send emails and newsletters to the customer database. How can I set it so when the affiliates log in the only tab they see is the Affiliates tab??

• 5 months later...

My affiliate welcome email function is not working.

I have set up my affiliate program, configured everything. It all seems to be working ok.

Except when someone joins as an affiliate, there welcome email is not sending out automatically..

Does anyone know how I can fix this ??

• 2 months later...

Archived