• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] QTpro - Quantity Tracking Professional

zonetown

Does this contribution allow you to display attributes in the order you choose. For clothing sizes I would want it to be displayed like:

small

medium

large

Is that possible?

yes

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I'm installing QT Pro to a test store. For catalog/includes/application_top.php the original code has this line:

case 'add_product' :	if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

The QT Pro file has this line as:

case 'add_product' :	if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']==(int)$HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

The changed code however is outside of the area between:

//++++ QT Pro: Begin Changed code

//++++ QT Pro: End Changed Code

So which line of code should be used, the original or the one in the QT Pro file but not marked as code changed for the QT Pro upgrade?

So which line of code should be used, the original or the one in the QT Pro file but not marked as code changed for the QT Pro upgrade?

try this, you'll know where to add it!

// customer adds a product from the products page

case 'add_product' : if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']==(int)$HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

$attributes=array();

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['attrcomb']) && (preg_match("/^\d{1,10}-\d{1,10}(,\d{1,10}-\d{1,10})*$/",$HTTP_POST_VARS['attrcomb']))) {

$attrlist=explode(',',$HTTP_POST_VARS['attrcomb']);

foreach ($attrlist as $attr) {

list($oid, $oval)=explode('-',$attr);

if (is_numeric($oid) && $oid==(int)$oid && is_numeric($oval) && $oval==(int)$oval)

$attributes[$oid]=$oval;

}

}

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['id']) && is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) {

foreach ($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'] as $key=>$val) {

if (is_numeric($key) && $key==(int)$key && is_numeric($val) && $val==(int)$val)

$attributes=$attributes + $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'];

}

}

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $attributes))+1, $attributes);

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

try this, you'll know where to add it!

Why was the change outside of:

Some of the files, I added the code between these lines to my existing files. Is there other QT Pro code in the files not between these lines?

Why was the change outside of:

i didn't write the contribution or contribute to that particular install file so i can't answer the question.

what i can say is that if it concerns you that much then i suggest you use the actual file in the download and text-diff with your store one - that way you can't go wrong... hopefully that'll clear it up for you.

CHOOCH

i didn't write the contribution or contribute to that particular install file so i can't answer the question.

what i can say is that if it concerns you that much then i suggest you use the actual file in the download and text-diff with your store one - that way you can't go wrong... hopefully that'll clear it up for you.

Thank you.

Just found and installed this to my highly modified test site.

Worked out of the box, fantastic piece of work!

Thanks to all contributors :thumbsup:

Edited by thunderace

Thanks to all contributors

:thumbsup:

this is a real good piece of work (even though it works fine, with some minor additions to improve admin end functions)........ this will always be in my top 10 most important osC contributions.

CHOOCH

I installed QTPro 4.25 and it worked fine for two options. For example, I can track stock status for two product options Size/Color. But I add one more option to track stock, it does not work. I can not figure out where the problem is. Does QT Pro have a limitation for two?

Thanks!

I can not figure out where the problem is. Does QT Pro have a limitation for two?

I remember this question being asked before and can't recall the answer but i think 2 is the max - if i understand it correctly, you shouldnt have problems if you improvise

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Is there a contribution or fix that is compatible with QTpro to add attributes into the product listing?

If not, I might start to work whit such contribution if there are any interest from more skilled programmers that want to improve my work when I have published it.

Any thoughts?

// Fredrik

Is there a contribution or fix that is compatible with QTpro to add attributes into the product listing?

If not, I might start to work whit such contribution if there are any interest from more skilled programmers that want to improve my work when I have published it.

Any thoughts?

// Fredrik

Look at the contribution download page, you'll find the answer there!

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Look at the contribution download page, you'll find the answer there!

I did some searches and I found Product Listing with Attributes.

I also found some other contribs where this addon is included. However, I did not find anything about how it work together whit QTpro.

Is there anyone out there that have tried such addon or the contrib above whit QTpro?

// Fredrik

Ok, what do you mean?

If you go the QTPro downloads page there are add-ons, (one uploaded by me) which allow you to show attributes with prices, if that is not what you mean kindly be a touch specific

CHOOCH

I am having a bit of trouble which I think is stemming from the use of QTPro and STS4.3 together. When STS is disabled, I'm able to add items to my cart just fine. But with STS ENabled, it can only remember one item at a time. Using the "Continue Shopping" button and adding a new item causes the original cart contents to be forgotten, and the new item to be the only one there.

I've already asked around in the STS forum topic. This is the response I got from one of the developers there:

Sam, this appears to be a Session ID issue, possibly the two contributions colliding with each other somewhere. I do not use the tracking contribution so I really can't help you out but to suggest looking over the files of each contribution and see if there are conflicting modifications. If the other contrib. creates a box or returns some information back onto the page, then you will need to configure STS to display this information by creating a tag for it. STS on it's own does not corrupt Session IDs.

Does anyone know what he is referring to? Has anyone dealt with this before? I'd hate to have to reinstall the site from scratch just to see if I screwed up somewhere (certainly a possibility). I'd greatly appreciate any experiences people have had using the two together.

The only other contribution on the system is the register_globals contribution, in case that makes a difference.

Thanks a bunch in advance,

Sam

Ok, what do you mean?

If you go the QTPro downloads page there are add-ons, (one uploaded by me) which allow you to show attributes with prices, if that is not what you mean kindly be a touch specific

Sorry for not being specific enough.

This image should explain what I want to do

attribute_in_product_listing_th.gif

To view the image in full size click here.

This let the customer add the product into the cart without being redirected to product_info.php if the item has several attributes. It makes the shopping experience easier for the customer, and some customers might even get confused when they get redirected to a new page after clicking on a buy now-button. I'm sure its hard to believe for some of you that it could be confusing, but I know that it has happened.

// Fredrik

This let the customer add the product into the cart without being redirected to product_info.php if the item has several attributes. It makes the shopping experience easier for the customer, and some customers might even get confused when they get redirected to a new page after clicking on a buy now-button.

I cant see why customers would add to cart from product listing without even reading what product info has displayed about that item.

If you add a dropbox in product listing then you open can of worms my friend - different attributes may have different prices, then what do you do? Even if you manage a dropbox with attributes and prices showing together, do you really think people will add to cart from there?

I would leave the idea if i were you.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

I cant see why customers would add to cart from product listing without even reading what product info has displayed about that item.

If you add a dropbox in product listing then you open can of worms my friend - different attributes may have different prices, then what do you do? Even if you manage a dropbox with attributes and prices showing together, do you really think people will add to cart from there?

I would leave the idea if i were you.

I have not investigate whether commercial shopping carts on the global market have this or not. But in sweden several commercial shopping carts have it like this. And one of them that have it is probably the leader or one of the leaders with a top notch shopping cart solution.

I understand the way you reasons about this, but I'm not sure your right. To get the actual price within the droplist shouldnt be that impossible. Since you allreday have done it in QTpro that will most likely help alot.

And yes, I think there might be some people that adds the products from the product listing.

If anyone else have any thoughts, feel free to let us know,

And yes, I think there might be some people that adds the products from the product listing.

Well in that case you should use one of the modified QTPro contributions from the downloads page, one that shows actual attributes pricing - and then copy the attributes code from product info and add it to the product listing... Let us know how that went.

CHOOCH

I released Attributes in Product List for QTpro 1.0 (add-on)

You can download it from here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,888

If you unsure what this do, you can see a screenshot of what it pretty much do a few posts above made by me.

This is add-on for QTpro that let you have attributes/product options in the product list page.

The customer can add products directly from the product list page, even if you have attributes set to the selected item.

This is version 1.0 and is a beta release, download it, test it, improve it and do report all improvements.

It’s a really easy install whit 3 files, and two of them are new.

Enjoy,

Fredrik

I hope someone can help me with this

I have QTPro installed and there are no errors. The only thing I am having problems with is tracking stock of the product attributes.

for example:- I have a t-shirt which comes in Small, Med & Large, I have 2 of each in stock but it will let me add 3 x Small to the shopping cart and doesn't say any is out of stock iyswim

has anyone else had this problem?