• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] QTpro - Quantity Tracking Professional

zonetown

Thanks Aleem

Its beyond my capacity sorry, so i really look forward to the results of your investigations

Thanks very much for your support

Nadege

I think it's a little more complicated than that though. With languages other than English, German and Spanish (the stock osC languages) you'll find that only the stock osC (or base) drop-boxes show up in product_info - which render the radio-set/sequential drop-box etc settings totally useless and reverts them back to the base again. I can't see why that happens but I am on the case.

So many pages here, I did a search but didn't find anything.

Has anyone used this contribution with 2checkout? Any problems that you know of?

I have been able to get it working with Paypal (Big thanks to cooch) but one problem there is if customer pays with credit card (no paypal account) they get a very small link on the final paypal page to return to the site, thus it is unlikely they will make it back to the site, thus No store order process emailis sent. my client does not want to have to check his paypal records and his admin for every order to make sure everything is kosher.

He REALLY wants the functionality of this contribution BUT he also does not want to have to check his admin for every order.

So my above question still stands...any known problems with 2checkout?

So my above question still stands...any known problems with 2checkout?

Your definition of 'problems' is specifically about the order update situation but there are some things you need to explain to your client so they can ponder....

1) No matter what items show as 'sold' and 'payment received from 2checkout' your client will stilll need to get access to the admin to make sure the customer address and delivery address are correct.

2) They still need to access the admin to change the status of the order so it can't be a hassle to just double check what order was placed and what the email states was bought!

3) From a stock install of 2checkout I can see straight away the product name and attributes do not carry forward to 2checkout therefore work needs to be done on this (for your client attributes carrying forward is an important requirement)

4) The contribution (as it stands) needs work done on the checkout_payment page as the errors do not show up and as you can see for yourself 2checkout charges 5.5% and $0.45 per transaction.

In short, no matter what method of payment is used (paypal, paypal ipn, 2checkout,etc etc) and what emails are received to show that sales were made, all osC store sellers should cross check actual orders from admin/orders with payment processor emails to make sure everything matches....

... it isn't worth the hassle, i'd stick with Paypal IPN Randy. All the payment processors need to to get back to checkout_process in order to make it work properly. With the way this contribution is going it isn't far off achieving what you want anyway.

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

With the way this contribution is going it isn't far off achieving what you want anyway.

I sure hope you are right. After already explaining most of what you mentioned, he still has it stuck in his head that he can have his cake and eat it too. He wants the QtPro, he wants every store "order process" email, and he does not want to check (or update) his admin orders.

Chooch, if you, or anyone, figures out a way around the "customer not making it back to the OSC store" problem....Please let me and this thread know.

BTY chooch, everything you helped me on is working perfectly.

Hi again Aleem

Im not sure if this will assist you further with the language pad - base investigation...

( From m previous post you'll remember that in sequenced mode, no attribute showed in the second French dropdown whatsoever,

And drop down order was reversed for Chinese and Japanese).

but Ive found that when I swap configuration from sequenced drop-down - to multiple drop downs or single drop downs,

that all the attributes are displyed under all languages.

Its just that now, absolutely ALL attributed combinations are displyed ( in single drop down) without discrimination. ie every entered colour combining with every entered size- not just the actual/required combinations.

Maybe some clue in line 74 of pad_sequenced_dropdowns.php

function _draw_stocked_attributes() {

global $languages_id;

$out='';

or in cat/admin/classes/language.php lines 19-78

but I'm just stabbing in the dark cause I cant read code...bummer

thanks for your kind assistance

Nadege

I think it's a little more complicated than that though. With languages other than English, German and Spanish (the stock osC languages) you'll find that only the stock osC (or base) drop-boxes show up in product_info - which render the radio-set/sequential drop-box etc settings totally useless and reverts them back to the base again. I can't see why that happens but I am on the case.

Ive found that when I swap configuration from sequenced drop-down - to multiple drop downs or single drop downs, that all the attributes are displyed under all languages.

Unfortunately this doesn't even happen with me. When I adjust the configuration everything works fine as it should in English, German and Spanish. Any other languages created (French, etc) just simply shows them as stock osC dropdown - product info doesn't show radio sets/sequential dropdowns etc

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

That's what the IPN does though, sends the information without needing to return to the shop. Or that's what it *should* do.

It does.... (IPN) Instant Payment Notification does precisely that if it is set up correctly but there are somethings that people are looking at making this contribution do with regards to stock deduction (with or without Qtpro) and some other things without the need for checkout process being completed.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

Has anyone worked out yet how to get QTPro to work with sequenced drop-downs ?

Is it possible- or is there a bug that needs fixing in the javascript etc ?

Any asistance wuld be greatly apreciated

With many thanks

Nadege

You would do far better to use Master Products - there is an old version available for download here in the contributions section (it works!)... newer versions must be found elsewhere.

For clothing it works like this:

You set up a "master" - the main product that shows in the catalog.

Then you set up "slaves" - these take the place of your attributes and are products themselves, so you can keep track of stock - they show on the master's product page. You can see it working here :)

Sonia

Dose the sequenced drop downs work? can i have a Shirt then you pick Men/Woman and men have black or white, Woman have red or green, and sizes S, M , L, XL for men but sizes XS,S,M,L for woman.

So with 3 drop downs you cant pick womans white XL

like a dynamic drop down. http://www.plus2net.com/php_tutorial/dd3.php

or is there another contrib that dose this?

I dont need stock levels for this. just control the dropdowns

Edited by notubes_pete

So with 3 drop downs you cant pick womans white XL

You can, just install QTPro and it works fine using the stock languages.

CHOOCH

on this contribution, it would be better to have the possbility of setting all the option and save it at the end.

Because when you have a clothes shop.. it is not very simple and not qucik enough.

Does someon did allready try to make something ?

xavier

Hi, I'm a total newbie trying to do a new install for my clothes store. I'm getting this message in PHP My Admin:

Error

SQL query:

# QT Pro V4.0 Date: 12/04/2004

# Database changes for QT Pro installation to a store that does not have a

# previous version of QT Pro installed

# Add new column to products_options to indicate if stock should be tracked

# for an option

ALTER TABLE products_options ADD products_options_track_stock tinyint( 4 ) default '0' NOT NULL AFTER products_options_name;

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_options_track_stock'

It sounds like it's not the file for a new install even though I clicked on new_install.sql?

Help Please!!!

Jason

Error SQL query:

Are you upgrading to a latter version of QTPro?

CHOOCH

Is there a current full package?

or do i need the one from "27 Feb 2006" and do the fixes?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ry/search,55293

I guess the least full release would suffice.

CHOOCH

I guess the least full release would suffice.

sorry - that should have been the latest full release.

CHOOCH

Hi

In addition to the language configuration issue prev posted...

1. Im also finding that when i reconfigure the options for QTPro drop downs- that my changes dont register.

Eg. When i reset 'Show out of Stock Attributes", "Mark out of stock attributes" Display Out of Stock Message Line" and "Prevent Adding Out of Stock to CArt"- nothing happens.

Im using QTP v.4.1.

I cant fully understand the install manual...

Where should I start to look to fix this issue ? Javascript ?

Or does it need a complete reinstall...???

If so..will I need to re-enter all my stock- (about 1000 combinations = 2 full mindnumbing days of entry)

2. Tax is displaying and added twice in checkout_confirmation page. Could this possibly be due to a similar QTPro code break such as that fixed by xmanflash (Tax fix for QTPro Visible Attributes Prices 6 Sep 2006 ) ?

Many Thanks kind people

Nadege

Unfortunately this doesn't even happen with me. When I adjust the configuration everything works fine as it should in English, German and Spanish. Any other languages created (French, etc) just simply shows them as stock osC dropdown - product info doesn't show radio sets/sequential dropdowns etc

Please disregard my "DIZZY" last post above

I remembered that reconfiguring the master options for QTPro drop-downs is done in Config "Stock"

The Tax duplication issue was solved by deleting an empty Tax Zone and associated Tax Rate

My apologies

Any guidance with QTPro Pad and languages restrictions would still be most appreciated

Merci beacoup

Nadege

Newbie here to Ecommerce....html for too long....

I have made a website with CREloaded B2B 6.2 and see that it doesn't have QTPro ability. I also have found QTPro 4.6 on the net for sale and it says that it's also available for CREloaded. Is this the same QTPro 4.25? And can you use this in CREloaded? No offense to OSCommerce Community.

Thank you for any and all answers related to this

And can you use this in CREloaded? No offense to OSCommerce Community.

None taken, but as it's a creloaded question you won't get much of a response. I hope someone on the creloaded forum helps you out.

CHOOCH