• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] QTpro - Quantity Tracking Professional

zonetown

i have gotten some test items in the db and quantities for their attributes and i am getting the same result as wwwclaes, the stock does not adjust to it being sold. i peeked at the table products_attributes and there is no cell(for lack of better term) denoting quantity. is someone still working on this contribution still or should those of us wanting to use this seek other coders and pay them? this is a great contrib and i'd hate to see it die.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone managed to get this working properly, i.e. no errors produced & stock deducted from each individual attribute? I've managed the first part, but the second bit is proving tricky. :?

• 1 month later...

I am really interested in this script but from all the posts that I've read, I'm not clear if it is fully working at this point. And if it will work with a version of MS2. Does anyone have the latest information on this script? Thanks. :)

Hi Mark,

A few days ago I uploaded a new version to the contributions section which contains fixes from the forums & is rewritten as code to add to your existing files, rather than files to upload & replace your existing files with. This means you can fit it round any existing contributions you have added.

I'm not aware of anyone who has successfully integrated it into MS2. Personally, I'm using it with loaded5, so if you haven't made too many changes to your store, I'd consider using that.

Finally I should mention that its not perfect - one 'feature' that I'm aware of is that if you update any of the product details in admin it resets the stock levels to 0.

hth

• 2 weeks later...

Does QTpro - Quantity Tracking Professional works with osCommerce 2.2-CVS?

Anybody have this contrinuition workin with osCommerce 2.2-CVS?

Thanks

I, too, am awaiting a 2.2 compatible version. Is there any information on when this will be available? or is there a "beta" version I can get? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your help and hard work. :)

Please be reminded, if you modify the code under GPL, you have to release the source code to public for free download except you only use it for your own private intranet use. If you are selling it and/or use it on the public (internet), you have to release the modified code.

Can anyone help me with the installation of this contribution?

I need to know which version to use for a snapshot of osccommerce from 4/2003.

I am also very confused as to how to install the contribution once i know the correct version. I am an oscommerce newbie but find this contribution essential as i sell shirts in different sizes.

Any help you can give would be great..

thanks in advance

I have way too many mods installed to switch to MS2 at this point but I am considering it for the near future.

For now, I just need to get this mod installed.

I had a programmer look at it and he said the mod i downloaded said to overwrite the existing mod and had no instructions as to where to insert.

Maybe I needed to download a different version of this mod?

If anyone can help with that would be great because I have no idea what this means. :)

thanks so much.

The version described as qtpro_notes at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,888 is code to add into your existing files. It's based on the code used in previous versions, plus bug fixes that were posted in the forums. I described it as for ms1/loaded5 because that's the version of code that I'm using it with, but you should be able to use it with CVS version that are close to that date. The further after ms1 you go, the less likely it is that existing version of qtpro would ork with your store.

qtpro_notes is the version you should try, bearing in mind that if you have a later version of CVS it *may* require some modification.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...
Please be reminded, if you modify the code under GPL, you have to release the source code to public for free download except you only use it for your own private intranet use. If you are selling it and/or use it on the public (internet), you have to release the modified code.

This is SO wrong - please read the GPL - then, as someone once said, please read it again. :roll:

I am sure there will be an MS2 release soon enough.

Edited by Johnson

Please post to this thread for questions/solutions regarding QTpro

Any further discussion of code for QTpro that has not been released as a contribution and is freely available for download here does not belong on these forums.

Any such post has/will be deleted.

Accusations of GPL violations will not be tolerated - these should be referred directly to a team member.

Please - be nice. 8)

Matti

Joe,

Can I see a demo of your contribution? The link of demo is not working.

You were talking about switching this project to Linda back in Janurary. So is she working on this code now or you're still working on it?

Thanks.

Wendy

Are you using QTPro product_info.php with the radio buttons?

If you hate having the (+$0.00) or (?0.00) appearing after each entry in your product info just replace:

$var.="."(".$currencies->display_price($price2,0).")<br>n"]=$price2;}n";

with:

if ($price1 == 0) {

$var.=".""."<br>n"]=$price2;}n";

} else  {

$var.="."(".$currencies->display_price($price2,0).")<br>n"]=$price2;}n";

}

Thank you Wendy for the suggestion

On reflection it may have worked a few times only by co-incidence. This seems to be more reliable.

replace the line after:

$var.="if (sizeof($sa1)) {n";

by:

$var.="$sel='';foreach(array_keys($sa1) as $sa) { $sa=str_replace('##checked##',$sel,$sa); $sa=str_replace('('.$currencies->display_price(0.00,0).')','',$sa);  $sel=''; echo $sa;}}else{ echo 'This product is currently unavailable!';}";