• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] QTpro - Quantity Tracking Professional

zonetown

Hello, everyone. I have a simple question, and I have searched this forum to find an answer, but so far I had no luck. I've seen several people had the same question, but nobody came up with an answer. So I'm hoping if I remind this community that this is still needed, maybe we can come up with a solution?

The question is really simple - I need to be able to have a method of sorting the attributes for a particular product. I use this contribution to keep track of various shirt sizes and colors that I sell on my store. But on each product page, the attributes come up in a different order. I'd like them to show up simply as small - XXXL, but that's not happening. Does someone have a solution that will work with this contribution? I'm sure it's relatively easy, and I expect to actually be able to plug my way through it, albeit slowly (I do not consider myself a coder, but I have some experience in programming languages).

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I use sortoptionvalues to do this task... I believe it can be found here ---> http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ortoptionvalues

I need help with something else. Everything is working fine, customers purchase products, complete checkout, pay, returns to website for order_confirmation.php and stock counts are reduced. Howwever I would like some thoughts on how to prevent 10 customers adding a product to their shopping carts when there is only 5 in stock. Stock counts are only reduced when payment and order confirmed. QTPro and Oscommerce do not seem to accomodate this feature as far as I can tell.

Thanks for any help in advance. Lee.

Hello, everyone. I have a simple question, and I have searched this forum to find an answer, but so far I had no luck. I've seen several people had the same question, but nobody came up with an answer. So I'm hoping if I remind this community that this is still needed, maybe we can come up with a solution?

The question is really simple - I need to be able to have a method of sorting the attributes for a particular product. I use this contribution to keep track of various shirt sizes and colors that I sell on my store. But on each product page, the attributes come up in a different order. I'd like them to show up simply as small - XXXL, but that's not happening. Does someone have a solution that will work with this contribution? I'm sure it's relatively easy, and I expect to actually be able to plug my way through it, albeit slowly (I do not consider myself a coder, but I have some experience in programming languages).

Hi, I use sortoptionvalues to do this task... I believe it can be found here ---> http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ortoptionvalues

I need help with something else. Everything is working fine, customers purchase products, complete checkout, pay, returns to website for order_confirmation.php and stock counts are reduced. Howwever I would like some thoughts on how to prevent 10 customers adding a product to their shopping carts when there is only 5 in stock. Stock counts are only reduced when payment and order confirmed. QTPro and Oscommerce do not seem to accomodate this feature as far as I can tell.

I'm curious how you made the contribution work. This contribution says to look for this line in /catalog/product_info.php:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

But I have nothing like that in product_info.phpMy code says:

$products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

I'm very confused, and I do not see how to make this particular contribution work.

So I pose my question again. Is there a way in QTPro to make the attributes for my products sort in any particular order?

Brian (Schadeboy) Schade

CIO and Webmaster

Twilight Teez, LLC

"Camping is nature's way of promoting the hotel industry."

-Dave Barry

You have added 3 posts back to back and I still can't work out what the final result was. Are you saying you installed 4.3 on fresh install and it works now and you are happy with it? Or are saying soemthing else?

I am completly new to osc. I installed QTpro 4.3 and unable to get track Stock option in product attribute therfore unable to track the stock according to attributes. Can somebody help where I made the mistake? I am using IIS6 and PhP4.

Thanks

Sohail

Thanks I have solved this issue.

Sohail

Can i ask how? i am having the same problem. The stock report page or the products stock page just simply does not show the attributes stock level nor does it allow me to put the stock level for the attributes.

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Hi,

Great contrib, i have installed with only one error really which i hope someone has the answer to. It will display the correct stock and if i change the stock to a value higher than the stock qty THEN PRESS UPDATE it will error and not allow me to go to the checkout. However, if i adjust the qty to a quantity higher than that in stock and PRESS CHECKOUT (without pressing 'update' first) it will let me checkout. This is a problem as customers will often not press UPDATE first.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

All help much appreciated. It can be tested here: http://test.we-create.org/admin , login using 'patbegg' and p/word 'psych0' (number zero on the end) to gain access as a customer on the front end - this is a testing site.

Cheers,

Pat

Hi Again

Has anyone at all out there ever been able to get qtPro to work in Japanese, French or Chinese - i.e. non-core languages ?????

Any French or Japanese contributors out there ?

Anyone ...Beuller ? Beuller ?

Merci beacoup

Nadege

I am having a problem with the installation and was hoping someone can help. I am installing QTPro 4.3 new and had this same problem the first time I installed... then I reverted everything back and tried again... same thing.

I have an extra line in the admin menu under reports that says: BOX_REPORTS_STOCK_LEVEL and links to a page displaying the following error:

Not Found

The requested URL /cart/admin/FILENAME_STATS_LOW_STOCK was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.savorhospitality.com Port 80

But the worst part is the actual shopping cart application cant be accessed anymore b/c of this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/savor/public_html/cart/includes/header.php on line 14

I thought I followed all the instructions... can anyone help? This component is exactly what I need.

Thanks in advance,

Cori

I am having a problem with the installation and was hoping someone can help. I am installing QTPro 4.3 new and had this same problem the first time I installed... then I reverted everything back and tried again... same thing.

I have an extra line in the admin menu under reports that says: BOX_REPORTS_STOCK_LEVEL and links to a page displaying the following error:

Not Found

The requested URL /cart/admin/FILENAME_STATS_LOW_STOCK was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.savorhospitality.com Port 80

But the worst part is the actual shopping cart application cant be accessed anymore b/c of this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/savor/public_html/cart/includes/header.php on line 14

I thought I followed all the instructions... can anyone help? This component is exactly what I need.

Thanks in advance,

Cori

The problem seems to be an extra line added to the catalog/admin/includes/boxes/reports.php file. Edit the last part of this file to get rid of the reference to the BOX_REPORTS_STOCK_LEVEL. It's that same thing as report as Stock Report (BOX_REPORTS_STATS_LOW_STOCK_ATTRIB) in the admin panel.

change the file to read :

if ($selected_box == 'reports') {

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_VIEWED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_PRODUCTS_VIEWED . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_PRODUCTS_PURCHASED . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_CUSTOMERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_ORDERS_TOTAL . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STATS_LOW_STOCK_ATTRIB, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_REPORTS_STATS_LOW_STOCK_ATTRIB . '</a>');

I installed the latest version and noticed once I assign a quantity to an attribute,there is no way to edit it. Does anyone know a way around this?

Put in a value of 0 (Zero) and it should remove it.

Any clues to the below problem.

Any help is appriciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Slopface

I have exactly the same error when clicking on the stock button -> call to stock.php, have you found some answer ?

Thanks,

Eric

Thanks in advance,

Slopface

I have exactly the same error when clicking on the stock button -> call to stock.php, have you found some answer ?

Thanks,

Eric

Thanks in advance,

Slopface

Thanks,

Eric

I installed QTpro, but I can't find a way to fix this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /web/htdocs/www.keasystyle.com/home/shop/admin/includes/boxes/reports.php on line 32

This kind of error show up for every menu itam i click in the admin panel.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /web/htdocs/www.keasystyle.com/home/shop/admin/includes/boxes/reports.php on line 32

Ok, I solved this reinstalling everything.

BUT now I have a real problem. It doesn't work. I mean, everything is there, the "stock" button is there. But when I click on it, I can only change the "main" quantity of the product, the same in product description page. Even if I gave attributes to the product. Always one quantity.

And under the Reports menu there isn't the correct string but there is BOX_REPORTS_STOCK_LEVEL.

Pleeeeease, you probably know what this is...

BUT now I have a real problem. It doesn't work. I mean, everything is there, the "stock" button is there. But when I click on it, I can only change the "main" quantity of the product, the same in product description page. Even if I gave attributes to the product. Always one quantity.

And under the Reports menu there isn't the correct string but there is BOX_REPORTS_STOCK_LEVEL.

Sorry for the double topic..... (sloppy dsl...)

I wanted to add that I look over this topic. If I correct the reports.php file, taking the "BOX_REPORTS_STOCK_LEVEL" away, then the admin panel is not funcioning, because it always gives me the error

unexpected $end in /web/htdocs/www.keasystyle.com/home/shop/admin/includes/boxes/reports.php on line 32

I mean... why does the admin panel expect to have a longer file? :)

I'm not kidding anyway. The file code is clean as you wrote it. Then why this error?

Hi,

I am having the same problem. It worked when I did the dummy run. Now on my actual final installation I am having the same problem and I dont remember what I did last time. Can anybody help.

Thanks