• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Location of latest USPS shipping module?

skunkbad

I downloaded osCommerce, but from reading here in the forum it seems that the USPS shipping module is broken. It certainly isn't working for me, even with a username and password supplied by USPS. USPS says to test with the username and password, and once testing is finished to just ask for a production username and password. So far, all I get when I try to check shipping rates is:

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Is there a revised version of this module that I should be using? All I want to retrieve from USPS is PRIORITY rates and GLOBAL PRIORITY rates. It seems like it should be simple enough, but I'm stuck with the above error message.

No Links To My Website Here!

I downloaded osCommerce, but from reading here in the forum it seems that the USPS shipping module is broken. It certainly isn't working for me, even with a username and password supplied by USPS. USPS says to test with the username and password, and once testing is finished to just ask for a production username and password. So far, all I get when I try to check shipping rates is:

Is there a revised version of this module that I should be using? All I want to retrieve from USPS is PRIORITY rates and GLOBAL PRIORITY rates. It seems like it should be simple enough, but I'm stuck with the above error message.

Hi all,

I am hoping to see an answer to this post because I am having the same problem. I have been through the knowledge base and most of the forums and I am not seeing a fix. Anybody shipping via USPS successfully? Please give us a hint.

I also have to say as a newbie that I am pretty impressed with osCommerce.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I am hoping to see an answer to this post because I am having the same problem. I have been through the knowledge base and most of the forums and I am not seeing a fix. Anybody shipping via USPS successfully? Please give us a hint.

I also have to say as a newbie that I am pretty impressed with osCommerce.

Thanks!

I just got this running!!! That's pretty exciting. So to anyone else who is trying this for the first time, and missing this little instruction...

In the details of the email from the USPS registration is a little comment about sending an email to get authorization to talk to the production server.

Teresa

• 2 weeks later...
I just got this running!!! That's pretty exciting. So to anyone else who is trying this for the first time, and missing this little instruction...

In the details of the email from the USPS registration is a little comment about sending an email to get authorization to talk to the production server.

Teresa

Can you supply a email address or link? I'm having this issue and I don't have the initial email from signing up to USPS about 2yrs ago.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve

I appreciate all the help that everyone on this site has given me!

Can you supply a email address or link? I'm having this issue and I don't have the initial email from signing up to USPS about 2yrs ago.

Thanks,

Steve

Nevermind, I found it. Now, if I could just get it to work correctly.

Steve

:angry: I am so lost with the oscommerce right now I need help with the USPS it is just not working. I have talk to USPS and they said that I need to talk to OSConnerce and there is no that I can talk to in person and I need son real help

As soon as you get the email from USPS after registering.. go ahead and call the number in the email let them know the username and then they will ask a few questions before moving the profile to a production server.. as soon as they did.. it showed up on this end about 10 seconds later... and it's working.

Now just need to look for a module to limit or expand the USPS information.

As soon as you get the email from USPS after registering.. go ahead and call the number in the email let them know the username and then they will ask a few questions before moving the profile to a production server.. as soon as they did.. it showed up on this end about 10 seconds later... and it's working.

Now just need to look for a module to limit or expand the USPS information.

Thanks Olga,

I have been pulling my hair out for a week trying to get this thing to work.

I sent then an email but did not say anything about osCommerce.

They responded that I had not tested.

I did tell the guy on the phone today that it was my osCommerce store and he told me that osCommerce module was pretested so he changed me to production server right away.

So everybody should know that the usps module is not broke!

Just call or email them (Done in seconds if you call) and be sure you tell them it is for your osCommerce store.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I got it working the same way

USPS module... nothing was working. Found a post to "call the phone number on your confirmation email from USPS and get them to move you to the production server."

I called, they moved me and everything immediately started working.

Hope it helps.

Dana Haynes

http://www.accularian.com

Online Macintosh Training Videos

Edited by paragonegs

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know who to delete the option for parcel post or at least keep it from displaying as a seletion. My installation is the USPSXML and doesn't have that in the admin options.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I was really confused as to why this wasn't working, and after reading this posting I was even more confused! But not anymore.

It turns out that the website OsCommerce gives to sign up for a usps web account is not the one that you need (at least on the version I'm using.) Here's what you need to do:

1. Go to usps.com/webtools and sign up for an account there. You will receive an email with a funny username and password.

2. Add that un and pw to your usps shipping module

3. Call 1-800-344-7779 and choose option #3 (Internet)

4. Tell the agent that you want to activate your OsCommerce site

5. Then switch your usps shipping module to "Production" and you should be all set!

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the same process for the USPS shipping module that comes with OScommerce by default? I have set up my info, but the USPS option isn't showing up in my shipping options.......

I was really confused as to why this wasn't working, and after reading this posting I was even more confused! But not anymore.

It turns out that the website OsCommerce gives to sign up for a usps web account is not the one that you need (at least on the version I'm using.) Here's what you need to do:

1. Go to usps.com/webtools and sign up for an account there. You will receive an email with a funny username and password.

2. Add that un and pw to your usps shipping module

3. Call 1-800-344-7779 and choose option #3 (Internet)

4. Tell the agent that you want to activate your OsCommerce site

5. Then switch your usps shipping module to "Production" and you should be all set!