• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quality Controller 5.1: Creating an account and checking out

plschneide

I've been trying to add the quality Controller 5.1 to the most recent snapshot. Despite a few problems most things appear to be working until I went to try some typical user functions.

When I try to create an account, it dies at the account process.php file. There are 2 statements it appears to be choking on:

$sql_data_array = array('customers_firstname' => $firstname,

'customers_lastname' => $lastname,

'customers_email_address' => $email_address,

'customers_telephone' => $telephone,

'customers_fax' => $fax,

'customers_newsletter' => $newsletter,

'customers_password' => tep_encrypt_password($password),

'customers_default_address_id' => 1);

--- The part where it goes to encrypt the password

and later when it redirects you to a successful add (I commented out the above to discover this problem).

the more things I try this seems to be a problem - I tried getting a forgotton password, same ttpye of problem - tried using a login account where I knew the password same type of problem.

---------------

Thinking I might have messed something else up I did a fresh install to a fresh database of the latest snapshop and then tested - worked fine. Then I copied over all of the Quality Controller patches and made the changes to the catalog section (didn't both with admin) and after that was done, where it was working, it stopped.

Suggestions?

Paul[/b]

This is a weird problem that I have not come up with a cause for and have to think there is a version problem in one of the functions, programs, etc.

What snapshot are you using? And do you have other Add-Ons?

There are new password functions.

You will need to check the files against today's code and see where these new functions effect things.

Beyond Compare is a handy program for this.

Any time you add an Add-On, compare the file versions to the current file versions of any matching files.

When you find errors in the script, often it is associated with data mismatches between the files.

The function file that is used to create/encrypt a password is new - by the date in the comment it was just created a couple days ago. Any ideas why this might not be working with the mods? As I said (used snapshot from Saturday (yesterday) worked fine and then when added the Quantity Controller v 5.1 mods, stopped working....

Paul

Have to see if I have any code that is not using the new functions.

I have not had time to go through the code to see where there *might* be a conflict between the new password functions and my code.

I heard someone else in the past had a password error but never the results of why.

I'd start with the login box and see if there are any conflicts there.

Thanks Linda for checking into this.

Although I did a clean install and then write over with your code I could certainly have made an error somewhere along the way and would be happy to test anything if you have additional ideas.

Cheers

Paul

Not sure how accurate this is, but was looking closer and there were several other files that were updated to some extent after 11/18/02 (which is when the files I last have of the Quantity Controller are)

shopping_cart.php, checkout_shipping_address.php, Checkout_shipping.php, checkout_process.php, login.php (as you mentioned) ,

in includes application_top.php

in includes/classes - shopping_cart.php

in includes/functions - html_output.php, general.php

in modules/shipping (and payment) - pretty much all of the files

Paul

Advantage of an older snapshot is ... when I rewrite this for the changes it will match ... if I switch gears in mid-stream ... 8)

Disadvantage, you are losing the reason for the fixes in the first place and re-coding is always loads and loads of fun ... :roll: