• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need advice on colors

wvmlt

No joke. I have a documented color vision weakness. I don't see colors the same as someone with "normal" color vision. Please make suggestions as to what colors would be good and where they should be.

Please give the actual code for the color such as #FFFFFF or whatever.

Thanks

Keith

What the hell was I thinkin'?

I'm not the best person to ask on colors but I do have a quick suggestion...

Your shop isn't centered. So when I come and visit on 1024x768 screenres I have a huge white gap on the right... you need to center the first table in header.php

HTH

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Another thing that I would mention to you is the thumbnails. I know that you asked about colors, but this is another thing you should look at. Under each thumbnail you have "Click to enlarge" yet everytime you click on that an image pops up no bigger than the thumbnail. Either upload bigger versions of the pic, or erase the text and hyperlink.

Also, when you go to product_info.php on the Goldmember DVD, a big white vertical strip shows up in your header. Tested it and it only shows up on that particular product. Weird.

Last thing; follow Mattice's advice and center your page, and set the width in the top table to "100%".

Hope this helps,

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

It all looks fine to me except the headings - e.g. Welcome to Knl Bargains - which I personally find hard to read (I am using a Flat Screen) as they lack contrast.

Also, same point as mattice about centering.

Otherwise, looks great!

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

• 2 years later...

Archived