• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

All Products SEO

Jack_mcs

The released version of this addon doesn't have changes for the BS shop. I've installed it into BS shops and it works fine but in the released version you may need to adjust some of the changes.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Probably it will work with some changes, but have to now what to change. I'm not a programmer, just a cook.

A cook that like to design and spending days with php

:)  :)  :)  

If you have any suggestions, I will try

Unfortunately, there are too many changes to go over here. I will be upgrading a new version. I just don't know when it will be.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

In almost all cases the answer as to whether the BS version should be used is yes. But that doesn't have anything to do with this addon.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

I've installed it on a 2.3.4 BS gold. Still need some mods, but now it is working. I modified a box and made its template so it shows It properly, and also in the all.products page. Just a suggestion for non-english markets.

This page shows a complete alphabet in which if you clik on a letter, it shows you all the products starting with that letter. At the end of that list, you can also clik on "FULL" to select everything. I've modified it slightly in order to show it in Spanish, and for any other language you need.

So, the first step is simple: in catalog/all_products.php change this (line 130)

$firstletter_nav .= '<a class="allproductsBox" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO, '', 'NONSSL') . '"> FULL</A>';

With this:

$firstletter_nav .= '<a class="allproductsBox" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . ' ' . TEXT_FULL;

Now, all you have to do is to add that definition to your languages. In catalog/includes/languages/english/all_products.php after 

define('TITLE_PRICE', 'Price list');

Add this new line

define('TEXT_FULL', 'FULL');

Repeat this second step in every language tha you use. In my case, I've added in  catalog/includes/languages/espanol/all_products.php: 

define('TEXT_FULL', 'Ver Todo');

Hope this can be helpful for anyone.

Shopowner, not coder, experienced copypaster  :D

• 1 month later...

The released version will work with the BS version but some adjustments may be needed. I have the unreleased version installed in BS shops and it works fine but I haven't had time to put together a new package and upload it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Added a Bootstrap version. Some core code changes are needed. A future version will change this.
  • Added the price_list.php in the languages directory to allow other contributions to see this page.
  • Changed hardcoded reference to FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING.
  • Changed code in the all products search box for 2.3 to display the heading correctly.
  • Corrected database changes in 1.3 update file.
  • Corrected coding mistake for manufacturers link on the all products page.
  • Corrected coding mistake for the specials and what's new boxes for 2.3 shops.
  • Corrected type in breadcrumb for price list page (found by Mention).
  • Corrected code in price list to display taxes correctly (found by Mention).
  • Corrected draw form command in all-products.php.
  • Replaced the price list file for 2.3

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi @@Jack_mcs,

It seems like a great addon;

Could you please explain me the exact benefit of the addon , As I am a little confused about its use.

Does it help in products being indexed in google or something else too.

I use oscommerce 2.3.4

It purpose is provide quick access to the products. This is useful for your customers since it allows them to save a lot of clicks to find products of interest. For search engines, before they will list a page on your site, they have to visit that page. If you don't provide a quick way for them to get to the pages it can take a long time for them to get all of your links listed. An addon like this one, Sitemap SEO and the Google Sitemap provide a way for the search engines to get to all pages of a shop quickly, which means the number of your listings increase and, if they rank well, your traffic will increase.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you go to my home page and look in the categories box you will see a link for view all products and price list, both are added by this addon. The latest version isn't installed on the site but it's close to what is in the latest version.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

Dear @@Jack_mcs

I just install this great addon on EDGE verison and everything is working properly.

in the installation manual where it says:
13) In catalog/includes/modules/boxes/specials.php,
14) In catalog/includes/modules/boxes/whats_new.php,

It should say :
13) In catalog/includes/modules/boxes/templates/specials.php,
14) In catalog/includes/modules/boxes/templates/whats_new.php,

I hope my small contribution will help.

Again I congratulate you for the fantastic job.

Best regards.

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

@@valquiria23 I'm pleased to hear it works for you and thank you for letting me know of the mistakes. I will make those changes in the next version.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 5 weeks later...

Dear @@Jack_mcs

I tried this great contribution to an OSC EDGE and works well in desktop mode.

With a cell phone I find a problem with the price list, the screen moves a little to the right and that breaks the Bootstrap functionality.

Could it happens to you the same?

Best regards,

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

• Changed the css styling to work better with mobile devices.
  • Changed the code in the price list to make it more mobile-friendly.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@valquiria23 The new version should fix the problem you are seeing but the css may need adjusting. Please give it a try and let me know if it still isn't right.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...