• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

All Products SEO

Jack_mcs

@@Jack_mcs Hey Jack I was wondering if you have ever had the opportunity to use price_list.php with SPPC?

I've having some issues with the $products_price_query and was hoping for some guidance...

Also, I was hoping to add a Category Title/Name.... to the $categories_products_query does not include the categories_name in the categories_description table.

Scott: No, I don't recall ever installing both of those addons in one shop. But the SPPC code mainly just adds a check for the customer type so it should be possible. Post what you've tried and I will take a look.

For the category name, if you are referring to the price list it is already showing that, or should be. The code for getting the category is in the includes/functions/all-products.php AP_GetGroup function. You can add the description to the call there and then add it to the code that displays the title a little farther down the page.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

@@discxpress There were mistakes in V 1.5 due to the removal of the filename definitions. I have uploaded V 1.6 to fix that. Please give it a try to see if that fixes the problem you are having. Also be sure you have made the changes to the user.css file since that controls the display of the links.

I have a few sites that have a large number of products but I haven't seen any speed problems. If it just the first page that is slow, where all of the products are shown, then maybe decreasing the search results will help. If it is on all pages, like if you click a letter, then maybe adding a key to the table will help, assuming the rest of the site runs fine.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Try running this:

ALTER TABLE all_products_seo ADD INDEX idx_heading ( heading ) ;

Thanks Jack.

That didn't seem to help much. How do I decrease the amount of results?

Also, I installed the new version and still the same result. 

Edited by discxpress

The code uses the search results setting, which is in admin->Configuration->Maximum Values. But that just controls the number of items that displays. The initial code will load them all in so it can figure out the buttons to show. There is probably a way to improve the initial code but, as mentioned, I've not seen this happen so I don't have a way to test it. 

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code uses the search results setting, which is in admin->Configuration->Maximum Values. But that just controls the number of items that displays. The initial code will load them all in so it can figure out the buttons to show. There is probably a way to improve the initial code but, as mentioned, I've not seen this happen so I don't have a way to test it. 

It loads 204K products in around 45 seconds on desktop. Maybe a "fetch as needed" approach could be taken on the code to just load the products when demanded.

Also, I uploaded the new version as you suggested and all the letters still show vertically. The changes were made to user.css

Thank you

I don't currently have a site that has that many products but I have one that has about 70,000 and it loads in a few seconds. Obviously tripling that amount would slow it down but it shouldn't increase the time by that much. Are you testing this on a live server or a local setup? That latter will usually be quite a bit slower and may account for that. If it is a live server, it might be something like a low memory setting. Ask your host what the memory limit is set to. It should be 128MB or above. I just can't see the code causing that slowdown.

For the css, are you sure you uploaded the new css file? The change to the user.css file is just to load an external file. There shouldn't be any actual css code in it for this addon.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't currently have a site that has that many products but I have one that has about 70,000 and it loads in a few seconds. Obviously tripling that amount would slow it down but it shouldn't increase the time by that much. Are you testing this on a live server or a local setup? That latter will usually be quite a bit slower and may account for that. If it is a live server, it might be something like a low memory setting. Ask your host what the memory limit is set to. It should be 128MB or above. I just can't see the code causing that slowdown.

For the css, are you sure you uploaded the new css file? The change to the user.css file is just to load an external file. There shouldn't be any actual css code in it for this addon.

Yes, I uploaded the new css file. Maybe it's another setting that's throwing it off. Thanks

There isn't another setting that I can think of. The only thing controlling the appearance is in the css file. Maybe something specific to your shop is causing it. You could try installing it into a black shop and just upload all of the files, even the edited ones to see if that works. It should, and if it does, then you would have something to compare against. Other than that, I can't think of anything else to try.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

@@discxpress @@Jack_mcs

I seem to remember that I had a similar problem when I installed this addon. What I cant remember is what I did to correct the fault. The only thing I can see different from the instructions is that I added the css code straight into the user.css file, and its still there. That may be all I did, or I may be totally way off base.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

• 5 months later...
On 2/11/2016 at 11:48 PM, Jack_mcs said:

It's because the price list code is still using tables. I'll add that to the changes for the next version.

Dear Jack

Could you get a new version, where the price list does not use tables?

This is going to be a great improvement !!!

Best Regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Valqui: I had actually coded for that but forgot to include the css. But for the bootstrap version there is a better way. In the price_list.php file, change these lines

<div class="ui-widget infoBoxContainer">

<div class="ui-widget-content ui-corner-bottom productListTable"> 

to

<div class="table-responsive"> 

and near the bottom, change these lines

</table>
 </div>

</div>

to

</table>
 </div>

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...
On 5/12/2017 at 2:36 PM, discxpress said:

It loads 204K products in around 45 seconds on desktop. Maybe a "fetch as needed" approach could be taken on the code to just load the products when demanded.

Also, I uploaded the new version as you suggested and all the letters still show vertically. The changes were made to user.css

Thank you

Hmm... I seem to have the same problem.  Were you able to ever get it to display horizontally?

• 3 months later...

Dear @Jack_mcs

Have you planned to upload a new version compatible with 2.3.4.1 EDGE?

Apparently in this in EDGE 2.3.4.1 the file names are hardcoded, and that causes incompatibility with the installation instructions.

This is going to be a great improvement !!!

Best Regards

Valqui

:heart: Community Oscommerce fan :heart: You'll find the latest osC community version here.

Dear @Jack_mcs

In the version of OsCommerce 2.3.4.1 BS Edge the following files do not exist!!!

includes / filenames.php
admin / includes / filenames.php

That's why it would be nice to update the installation instructions for OsCommerce 2.3.4.1 BS Edge or make a new version where the file names are hardcoded.

That will also simplify the installation of this great addon.

Best regards

Valqui

• 1 month later...

Dear @Jack_mcs

Is there an update of the installation instructions for this interesting addon for the new version OsCommerce 2.3.4.1 BS Edge?

The points that would have to be modified would be, for example:

5) In admin / includes / database_tables.php, before the last?>

ADD

define ('TABLE_ALL_PRODUCTS_SEO', 'all_products_seo');

6) In admin / includes / filenames.php, before the last?>

ADD

define ('FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO', 'all-products.php');

7) In catalog / includes / database_tables.php, before the last?>,

ADD:

define ('TABLE_ALL_PRODUCTS_SEO', 'all_products_seo');

8) In catalog / includes / filenames.php, before the closing?>

ADD:

define ('FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO', 'all-products.php');
   define ('FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO_PRICE_LIST', 'price_list.php');

Best regards.

Valqui