• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

All Products SEO

Jack_mcs

I'm sorry but I can't follow that question at all. But, in general, if you want to un-install a contribution, you reverse the steps in its install instructions, or restore from backup, which you should always have.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If you don't have any products on that page, you should turn it off in the admin settings. If you do have products, then you need to look at the actual error in your google account to see what the problem is.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I haven't been able get Show Sold Out to work correctly, I posted on the forum and emailed the author. So for now I just eliminated the buy now column, because once a user clicks on the product, the buy now button comes up correctly.

anyways...i was wondering if there is a way to configure all-products to display only products from certain categories, and not all of them.

thanks for the help.

If you don't have any products on that page, you should turn it off in the admin settings. If you do have products, then you need to look at the actual error in your google account to see what the problem is.

It looks like the error is accruing when Google tries to follow the ad to cart button ( Buynow) http://www.mydomain.com/all-products.php/sort/3a/page/2/action/buy_now/products_id/1066

I have removed all the letters that don't have products. I'm not really sure. I do know that all the pages it says is a 404 error I can clink on and they are their.

Since theses errors started I have lost my page rank and I'm starting to think I have been sandboxed as my keywords find my site in all other search engines but Google

314 backlinks in Yahoo for http://www.comtekcomputers.combacklinks'>http://www.comtekcomputers.combacklinks in Google for http://www.comtekcomputers.com266'>http://www.comtekcomputers.com266 backlinks in MSN for http://www.comtekcomputers.com59'>http://www.comtekcomputers.com59 backlinks in AltaVista for http://www.comtekcomputers.com59'>http://www.comtekcomputers.com59 backlinks in AlltheWeb for http://www.comtekcomputers.com

I noticed the error is when Google tries to follow the buy now button (Ad to Cart ) I Believe it was the httaccsess Security issue is related to this problem I'm guessing it was blocking Google just like it was blocking customers. here is what I have done below in case anyone else runs into this.

I Pretty sure the to are related if I'm Wrong Speak Up blink.gif

xss resulted in some people being baned accidently

17 Mar 2009

Hi the following in adding xss to .htaccess file

resulted in some customers being baned on buy now if turned into forms and ifcustomer entered an invalid credit card number

find

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING}(;|'|"|%22).*(union|select|insert|drop|update|md5|benchmark|or|and|if).*[NC]

im no expert in this but did ask on expert exchange what was causing the problemand above is what they recommended

and replace with

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING}(;|'|"|%22).*(union|select|insert|drop|update|md5|benchmark).* [NC]

file uploaded says the same thing

here is the post http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6044

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack.

I have installed the code by FWR Media to reliably set PHP_SELF

It is available here

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/348589-serious-hole-found-in-oscommerce/page__st__80__p__1467014entry1467014

This code is preventing the page links from working correctly in All Products SEO V 1.1

Can you recommend a fix?

Thanks.

Ken.

Hi Jack.

I have installed the code by FWR Media to reliably set PHP_SELF

It is available here

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/348589-serious-hole-found-in-oscommerce/page__st__80__p__1467014entry1467014

This code is preventing the page links from working correctly in All Products SEO V 1.1

Can you recommend a fix?

Why do you think you need that code? Are you having problems with this contribution returning the wrong page? It's a non-issue for me and not something that involves this contribution. There will be a new version out shortly, time permitting, that fixes a security issue. Perhaps that will allow his code to work. Otherwise, you would need to ask him how to fix a problem caused by his code.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded containing the following changes:

- Added database table and code to allow setting the heading and sub-heading for languages

- Added code to disable links for empty letters

- Added option to hide empty letters

- Added option to hide catgories

- Added a quick search box

- Added version tracking to make keeping up with updates easier

- Changed sql statement in all-products.php to work with all servers

- Changed code in all-products.php to remove leading bar

- Changed instructions for change to application_top.php

- Changed code in all-products.php to sanitize input

- Fixed breadcrumb to show the correct name (found by Ken44)

- Replaced ereg type calls to preg type

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Jack,

Just some thoughts and a bit of code I changed to suit. A friends site had a large number of disabled products that were being extracted within the all-products scrip. He wants to be able to retain the core osC function, but also run his all products code to output only those products that are set to active.

Therefore I have changed the code lines below in *catalog*/all-products.php

Original code:

$firstletter = tep_sanitize_string($_GET['fl']);
$where = '';
if (in_array($firstletter, $letters) || in_array($firstletter, $numbers))
{
   $where="where pd.products_name like '$firstletter%' AND p.products_status='1' ";
   $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE . '-'. $firstletter, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO, 'fl='.$firstletter, 'NONSSL')); 
}

Changed to:

$where = "WHERE p.products_status='1' ";
{
   $where= $where . "AND pd.products_name like '$firstletter%' ";
   $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE . '-'. $firstletter, tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS_SEO, 'fl='.$firstletter, 'NONSSL')); 
}

And then a bit further down the file:

$exist_query = tep_db_query("select 1 from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd inner join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on pd.products_id = p2c.products_id left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c on c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id " . $whereLetters . " and language_id = " . (int)$languages_id . " limit 1");

To:

$exist_query = tep_db_query("select 1 from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " a, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd inner join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on pd.products_id = p2c.products_id left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c on c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id " . $whereLetters . " and language_id = " . (int)$languages_id . " and a.products_id = pd.products_id and a.products_status = '1' limit 1");

And one last one:

$exist_query = tep_db_query("select 1 from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd inner join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on pd.products_id = p2c.products_id left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c on c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id " . $whereNumbers . " and language_id = " . (int)$languages_id . " limit 1");

To:

$exist_query = tep_db_query("select 1 from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " a, " .TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd inner join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on pd.products_id = p2c.products_id left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c on c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id " . $whereNumbers . " and language_id = " . (int)$languages_id . " and a.products_id = pd.products_id and a.products_status = '1' limit 1");

This now only pulls those products that are set to 'active' within the database and eradicates the listing of inactive products.

I just thought I'd pass the idea along...

James

I just thought I'd pass the idea along...

Thanks, i missed that. Although I suggest the following changes instead:

Replace

$where = '';
{
   $where="where pd.products_name like '$firstletter%' AND p.products_status='1' ";

With

$where = " WHERE p.products_status='1' ";
{
   $where .= " AND pd.products_name like '$firstletter%' ";

And replace both instances of

$exist_query = tep_db_query("select 1 from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd inner join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on pd.products_id = p2c.products_id left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c on c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id " . $whereLetters . " and language_id = " . (int)$languages_id . " limit 1");

With

$exist_query = tep_db_query("select 1 from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id inner join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on pd.products_id = p2c.products_id left join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c on c.categories_id = p2c.categories_id " . $whereNumbers . " and p.products_status = '1' and language_id = " . (int)$languages_id . " limit 1");

The first adds spaces needed to make the command correct and the second makes it mysql5 friendly.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is Step 15 correct for the install instructions?

15) In catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php,

FIND:

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

ADD BEFORE:

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',
                              'text' => '<a class="allproductsBox" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) . '" title="' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_WHATSNEW . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS_SEO_WHATSNEW .'</a>');

• 2 weeks later...

I have duplicate entries for language showing in allproducts(latest by Jack). I have one product and language English and Norwegian installed.

When i click the View all products link or the FULL link it shows the product twice, one for each language. When i click the letter for the product it show only one product and change when i change language.

Is this a error in the system or is it supposed to be like this.

Is it an idea to add links to country spesific all products pages also at the top with the rest of the sorting.

For example after FULL show | en | no| gb | .... and regenerate the full list in each language.

I have duplicate entries for language showing in allproducts(latest by Jack). I have one product and language English and Norwegian installed.

When i click the View all products link or the FULL link it shows the product twice, one for each language. When i click the letter for the product it show only one product and change when i change language.

Is this a error in the system or is it supposed to be like this.

Is it an idea to add links to country spesific all products pages also at the top with the rest of the sorting.

For example after FULL show | en | no| gb | .... and regenerate the full list in each language.

I don't see how that can happen since the code in the file is using the current language. I believe you that it does but don't have any good suggestions for it. Does the heading and sub-heading change when you switch languages?

I don't think adding options to switch languages for just one page is a good idea. The shop should have a way to switch it for all languages, if you are using more than one.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

heading and sub heading is changing when i change language. If i press the letter for the one product it shows as it should and change with language.

If i use FULL or "View All Products" link it show the product as two seperate (both language) and heading and subheading change when i switch language but both products still there.

I can send you a PM with url so you can see..

If i use FULL or "View All Products" link it show the product as two seperate (both language) and heading and subheading change when i switch language but both products still there.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I was able to see the problem with it. Please try this. In all-products.php, find

TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on p.products_id = p2c.products_id left join " .

and change it to

TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c on p.products_id = p2c.products_id inner join " .

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Is Step 15 correct for the install instructions?

To correct my previous reply, I thought you meant was the code correct. I don't have the steps memorized so I didn't realize you were asking if the box was correct, which is already covered in step 13. Step 15 is a typo and should be the whats_new.php box. I apologize for the confusion. My thanks to altoid for pointing out the mistake.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just installed this contrib, thank you.

I am having an issue with it though. When I press "View all products" I get this error:

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /home/fullscal/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 69

It can be viewed on the page.

Could anyone please help me with this?

Thank you

Adam

I am having an issue with it though. When I press "View all products" I get this error:

Warning: USU5 could not find a valid base filename, please inform the developer. in /home/fullscal/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 69

It can be viewed on the page.

I don't know what is at line 69 of your application_top file so I can't comment on that. Also, I don't support that url rewriter so you will need to contact the author for a fix.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons