• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Configuring my Shopping Cart

I am at my wits end.

I have tried to work out why PayPal IPN doesnt return my customers back to my site. I have set and reset all the options I can see and have posted a request for help to no avail here. Having read copiously on this point, I think it is something to do with if my customers pay without logging onto PayPal, they only get an option to return, they are not returned automatically.

I am therefore, now embarking on a different tack

PayPal have advised me that I can customise the button that appears at the end of the payment process which gives my customers the option to return, and I can put whatever text I want in it. As I understand it, if they click on this button, they will be returned to my site. On this basis I contacted PayPal and they came up with this:

The CBT variable can indeed be customized. However, since your cart is the source of the code being sent to PayPal, the cart code itself must be modified. The standard line of code is:

input type="hidden" name="cbt" value="whatever you want the link to say".

You may need to post to the osCommerce forums for assitance in modifying the osCommerce code, however. This would modify the return to merchant link to the verbiage you wish, which could indeed help your conversion percentage.

I basically need somebody to tell me what php file I need to amend and insert the line stipulated above and where the line needs to go.

Thank you very much in advance