Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
AriMarie

Images Sizes...Please Help!

The images for my products are all different sizes, I don't want them to all be the same size because it makes it look horrible, but for some reason OScommerce seems to only allow one image size and it changes all my thumbnails to that one size. Does anyone know how to change this? it there a module or something?

Please help. I'm not having a very good experiance with OsCommerce. I gave it a go, but I'm seriously considering going to Zen or Cubecart. I have been having a lot of problems that seem to be unsolvable. I might be throwing in the towel :(

The images for my products are all different sizes, I don't want them to all be the same size because it makes it look horrible, but for some reason OScommerce seems to only allow one image size and it changes all my thumbnails to that one size. Does anyone know how to change this? it there a module or something?

Please help. I'm not having a very good experiance with OsCommerce. I gave it a go, but I'm seriously considering going to Zen or Cubecart. I have been having a lot of problems that seem to be unsolvable. I might be throwing in the towel :(

Read this thread http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?sho...dize+image+size and see if that helps at all. Good luck.

Proud member of the Code Breakers Club http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1305968

I am facing similar problem. The images seems extremely horrible. None of the community members seems interested in answering this query. I dont understand how can they discuss all kind of stuff except this very important problem.

Please let me know if you have found any solution.

I am facing similar problem. The images seems extremely horrible. None of the community members seems interested in answering this query. I dont understand how can they discuss all kind of stuff except this very important problem.

Please let me know if you have found any solution.

You only have to look in the contributions area to find add ons to produce thumbnails automatically.

If the images are horrible, try uploading in binary format. Hard to say without seeing them.

As for your comment about the community members, the first post received an answer, you did not say if that applied to you. I put put down the comment being made by a lazy person who is not interested in finding the answers in the forum.

Edited by Coopco

The Coopco Underwear Shop

If you live to be 100 years of age, that means you have lived for 36,525 days. Don't waste another, there aren't many left.

I was having the same problem. Try this add-on here. Worked for me.

Nothing Difficult is ever easy.

Roadmap 4 Newbies

Paypal Standard Setup

Toolbox: Gimp, DreamweaverCS3, Bluefish, kwrite, Konsole, ImageMagick, personal shell scripts, Eclipse, and Amarok(tunes produce better code)

There are 10 types of ppl in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I code. Thats all I do. Morning, noon, and night. I dream in hexadecimal.

You can set small_image_width (in admin) to whatever you want (I prefer 100-150) and blank out the small_image_height. That will cause osc to resize the images while keeping them proportional.

However, resizing on the fly looks like crap! It is well worth the time to manually resize to the same width. There are thumbnail contributions out there. That's probably what the other posts are linking to. I've never seen them so I can't say if they work well or not. If so they may be fine but you only have to see the difference once between manually resized and osc-on-the-fly-resizing to never again let osc do it.