• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Just released Live Support for osC

Oops...Just realized Mike incorperated a "click" fix at the bottom of admin/ls_commwindow.php :D

I have the same problem, I cant end an open session. What I am doing is going into the sql table and manually changing the status to 'no'

Did you already install the new version and test it? If it still doesn't work, try useing the link option that I posted above. You just have to remember to click the link before you close the conversation window.

Regards,

Michelle

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am no expert with the javascripts especially with the cross browser compatibility, but I think someone will find the right solution and post it here. I am sorry I cannot offer a better solution, but I cannot duplicate the problem on my test site.

I dont have Netscape or Opera

Ok, I used the non java links you talked about in the earlier posts. The problem I am having now is that if a second user tries to talk to me, I cant see them. Is the call waiting feature working properly?

Please help

Ok, I used the non java links you talked about in the earlier posts. The problem I am having now is that if a second user tries to talk to me, I cant see them. Is the call waiting feature working properly?

Please help

I'm still testing the new code - I had to fix a couple other files as some of the javascript is not working there either for me. I'll let you know what I find out.

Regards,

Michelle

Hey crispvx,

I'm not sure what problems you are experiencing, could you please detail. I am not having the same issues, but then I modified a few files to rid the javascript problems of not closing sessions and clearing tables.

I changed the following files:

admin/ls_callwaiting.php,

admin/ls_comm_main.php (where the problem may be),

admin/ls_commwindow.php,

admin/ls_exit.php (where another problem may be),

admin/ls_messages.php (small typo in first <script> tag in word "language"),

admin/live_support.php (the new one in LiveSupport_v12b_fix.zip)

try this first - then let me know if it still doesn't work:

In admin/ls_comm_main.php

Change:

<script>
			alert("The User has left the conversation!");
			window.open('ls_comm_exit.php','conversation', 'width=100', 'height=100');
		</script>[code]

To:
[code]<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
			alert("The User has left the conversation. It is safe to close this session!");
		</script>[code]

Then in admin/ls_exit.php

Change:
[code]require('includes/application_top.php');
tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_LS_TECHS . " set status = 'no' where tech_id = ' " . $tech . " '  ");
echo "<script>window.close()</script>";
?>

To:

require('includes/application_top.php');
tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_LS_TECHS . " set status = 'no', helping = '' where tech_id = ' " . $tech . " '  ");
echo "<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">window.close()</script>";
?>

Hope this does the trick...If you've already added the links to admin/ls_callwaiting.php and admin/ls_commwindow.php then you shouldn't have any problems. Let me know. :wink:

Regards,

Michelle

Hey crispvx,

I'm not sure what problems you are experiencing, could you please detail. I am not having the same issues, but then I modified a few files to rid the javascript problems of not closing sessions and clearing tables.

I changed the following files:

admin/ls_callwaiting.php,

admin/ls_comm_main.php (where the problem may be),

admin/ls_commwindow.php,

admin/ls_exit.php (where another problem may be),

admin/ls_messages.php (small typo in first <script> tag in word "language"),

admin/live_support.php (the new one in LiveSupport_v12b_fix.zip)

try this first - then let me know if it still doesn't work:

In admin/ls_comm_main.php

Change:

<script>

alert("The User has left the conversation!");

window.open('ls_comm_exit.php','conversation', 'width=100', 'height=100');

</script>

To:

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">

alert("The User has left the conversation. It is safe to close this session!");

</script>

Then in admin/ls_exit.php

Change:

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_LS_TECHS . " set status = 'no' where tech_id = ' " . $tech . " '  ");

echo "<script>window.close()</script>";

?>

To:

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_LS_TECHS . " set status = 'no', helping = '' where tech_id = ' " . $tech . " '  ");

echo "<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">window.close()</script>";

?>

Hope this does the trick...If you've already added the links to admin/ls_callwaiting.php and admin/ls_commwindow.php then you shouldn't have any problems. Let me know. :wink:

Regards,

Michelle

ok I tried everything that you have said. The problem now is that, when a user does leave, I get a pop up stating that its ok to close the session. After I close the session, my status is still busy. i have to close it down and restard the support tool.

Please let me know if you have the same problem.

Thanks

ok I tried everything that you have said. The problem now is that, when a user does leave, I get a pop up stating that its ok to close the session. After I close the session, my status is still busy. i have to close it down and restard the support tool.

Please let me know if you have the same problem.

Thanks

You still need to click the link to "close session" before closing the window. :wink:

(Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, my stupid internet has been down all day).

HI,

I just installed the 1.2b version. I was using the 1.1b version with no problems. However in the customers window I get this error.1146 - Table 'verbenab_catalog.TABLE_LS_STATUS' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_LS_STATUS (id, session_id, status) values ('', '9261f5dc6faab9752d38f09169165d72', '1')

[TEP STOP]

The admin part is fine thus far. What can I do to fix the customer window.

Thanks

Did you update the sql tables to include the new table created for this version? If not,

CREATE TABLE ls_status (

id int(255) NOT NULL auto_increment,

session_id varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

status tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1',

PRIMARY KEY (id)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

Regards,

Michelle

Yes I ran it from the file included in the 1.2b and I also just tried running it with what you wrote. Yours said successful but I still get the error. The file that was included in the download said error.

So im not sure why its doing that. I had no problems with the prior version of the livesupport lol

Try deleting all the related files and doing a fresh install, also - if you tried running the sql file in phpmyadmin - you probably got the errors because you already had the first two tables installed. You can also delete the tables and run the SQL queries. Or, if all else fails - just redownlaod the old version. :D

Regards,

Michelle

please download the fix, I included the wrong file in the package  

just replace the live_support.php in the admin side with the one in the fix.  

btw michelle what browser are you using?  

I use MSIE 6.0 and the javascripts are working for me  

Mike

Thats what mike said

I had downloaded all the correct files. I read all the posts before installing. The error im getting is in the customer window. The fixed file is for the admin side that is just fine. Its the customer side im having the problem with.

please download the fix, I included the wrong file in the package  

just replace the live_support.php in the admin side with the one in the fix.  

btw michelle what browser are you using?  

I use MSIE 6.0 and the javascripts are working for me  

Mike

Thats what mike said

Yeah, this is just the admin page. She's having problems with something else...my guess is mySQL tables.

I had downloaded all the correct files. I read all the posts before installing. The error im getting is in the customer window. The fixed file is for the admin side that is just fine. Its the customer side im having the problem with.

You said that you got a successful mySQL query on the new table, so what error are you getting now?

On the customer window im still getting the same error.

1146 - Table 'verbenab_catalog.TABLE_LS_STATUS' doesn't exist

insert into TABLE_LS_STATUS (id, session_id, status) values ('', 'd5170fda04c128b7395b478d974391f1', '1')

[TEP STOP]

I get this error.1146 - Table 'verbenab_catalog.TABLE_LS_STATUS' doesn't exist

I notice that your error has TABLE_LS_STATUS

please check to see if you included this statement in application_top.php

define('TABLE_LS_STATUS', 'ls_status');

this should go in both the catalog and admin application_top.php

Mike