• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Icons for OsCommerce

mirza_yasir4

Dear Everybody

I really don't like the icons used in shop. For that purpose I thought to create my own, so here they are. In the accompnied Ms Word file you may see the comparison of the icons that come with the default installation and the ones I created.

Installation:

Simply copy the contents of GIF folder into the images directory of your oscommerce installation. Remember don't copy the folder itself but copy the gif images inside the folder, When you copy please overwrite the existing images, If you have default installation of OsCommerce.

I am using a 150 x 150 pixel icons

I also put the PNG files for further adjustments, because GIF files are not so great in result. The download link is here.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6187

Best Regards

Yasir Imran Mirza

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Thanks and Regards

Yasir Imran Mirza

My Contributions

Dear Everybody

I really don't like the icons used in shop. For that purpose I thought to create my own, so here they are. In the accompnied Ms Word file you may see the comparison of the icons that come with the default installation and the ones I created.

Installation:

Simply copy the contents of GIF folder into the images directory of your oscommerce installation. Remember don't copy the folder itself but copy the gif images inside the folder, When you copy please overwrite the existing images, If you have default installation of OsCommerce.

I am using a 150 x 150 pixel icons

I also put the PNG files for further adjustments, because GIF files are not so great in result. The download link is here.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6187

Best Regards

Yasir Imran Mirza

http://yasirimran.wordpress.com

They are very good, thank you.

Are these yours???

Can you confirm that you did produce these, because most, if not all are exactly the same as those produced by http://dryicons.com/ and they claim copyright.

:huh:

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I assume the fact that you have not replied means that you did not create these, just copied from the authers site!!!

I think its appauling that anyone would try to take credit for someone elses work!!!!!

:angry:

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I assume the fact that you have not replied means that you did not create these, just copied from the authers site!!!

I think its appauling that anyone would try to take credit for someone elses work!!!!!

:angry:

I have to agree that the icons look identical. If they have been copied, and I would assume they have been, it is disgusting that they were presented as your work. Furthermore, it is a breach of the authors terms of use and anyone who has used them is in breach of the authors terms of use.

• 1 year later...

Dear everybody, very very sorry for too late reply. I am not using osc forums much.

Yes I admit this is not my work. But really I never thought of taking the credit, I download those files from some other site, not as the author site and I didn't think much it is important to read the license, because in my country software piracy is very common and no body cares about that and in most of progressive countries it is like that.

I forgot to tell you guys that if you are living in such a country where copyright is considered important, don't use these icons.

Also some moderator find those icons are not mine, so he asked me in pm and I told him, I recreated them, not created them from scratch. So moderator has removed that.

Still if you are interested in these icons, you may download them from my blog. But if you feel copyright is important then don't use them. See I am using them at my site from 1 year and author never knows that :D and even he knows he couldn't do anything, because copyright law doesn't work across countries

Edited by burt
remove external url

Thanks and Regards

Yasir Imran Mirza

My Contributions