• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I'm looking for some Comments and suggestions on my Site

funisuscom

If you got a little time and would like to give me some comments or suggestions about my site. I'm been working on it for about two weeks now. let me know what you all think.

http://adult.funisus.com/catalog/

Please NOTE that it is and adult toy site.

Thanks again.

With each pasting day my mind grows wiser and my heart grows older, but the memories remains the same.

Where do I start?

Not much has changed in appearance from the stock OSC version so I'm not sure what you wanted us to assess. :?:

Product descriptions need to be more than a brief overview. When selling something online you need to 'paint the picture' of what they're getting... an image isn't enough.

Some images are broken and others are just too large! A thumbnail that's 14k is ridiculous! I had the idea on my site that I would use the same image as the thumbnail and the enlarged image to save the load time of the enlarged version. If this is what you're trying to achieve, it doesn't work in reality. When someone clicks the 'enlarge image' button, they're interested in that product and will wait the little extra for it to load. With all pages taking a long time you may find people leaving your site.

Create images with transparent backgrounds...

The logo looks pretty bland...

Stick some sort of rollover for the text in that status bar so your link URL for the PayPal banner doesn't show. Some people don't like clicking on an affiliate link. Even better would be to integrate it into your banner manager so you can track its usage.

If you're not strong in the code department, read through this forum and seek the minor modifications that add to a better site. One example is to link the infobox names as well, not just the arrow only.

I'm sure with time it will progress, and you will see it evolve... that's the beauty about getting in there with OSC and doing some of the work hands on yourself.

I'll leave it there for now...

Tony

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

I fixed afew things like the thumbnail size and the clickable infobox header.

I'm looking for any advice and information that people might have to give.

I know my head image needs a little help but I'm not very good at designing logos and such but I will be working on it.

With each pasting day my mind grows wiser and my heart grows older, but the memories remains the same.

Best advise I can give about the logo is to speak with a graphic designer.

The areas you really want to shine are those the customer sees... your logo says a lot about your site. Whenever I buy anything, the logo and professionalism is what stands out for me... I guess it's a catch 22 situation about the chicken and the egg.

What comes first? The customers so you can afford to get a graphic designer.

Or do you spend the money on a graphic designer and then hope the customers come?

Many people would choose the first option as it's more secure from the point of view that you aren't going to be spending money on a business that goes down the tube, but the reality is that it way well do so as no money was spent on it's design.

(See quote below...)

I'm sure you will get there...

Cheers,

Tony

------------------------------

Fear causes hesitation, but hessitation makes you worst fears come true!

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

You know for an adult site I would have expected to see a few more whips and chains! :shock:

When all I get is this:

Parse error: parse error in /home/funisus/public_html/adult/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 1299

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_set_banner_status() (previously declared in /home/funisus/public_html/adult/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:682) in /home/funisus/public_html/adult/catalog/includes/functions/banner.php on line 15

:lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

CC.

Technically this site should not be here.

For the following reason:

Harald says

Not only do the general forum rules apply here, but any stores discussed here must have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed. Not only are you using osCommerce, but you will also receive valuable advice from the osCommerce community. If your site does not contain this, the posting will be deleted.

And as this one is only saying:

Parse error: parse error in /home/funisus/public_html/adult/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 1299

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_set_banner_status() (previously declared in /home/funisus/public_html/adult/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:682) in /home/funisus/public_html/adult/catalog/includes/functions/banner.php on line 15

:D

I guess it could be an infringment. :wink:

Before anyone lights a flame to burn me to a crisp!

I am just kiddin of course.

CC.

I took the trouble of pressing default.php and must say I was a bit dissapointed...

it is very osCommerce stock.... execept for your icons.

And there are purple spacers / corners on your infoboxes which do not match "your" stylesheet...

But I like your love swing :D

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Sorry people who viewed my site i screwed something up and reloaded my wholesite I thought i still had the powered by OScommerce on there but in any case I do now. It still a major work in progress with over 5,000 product to be listed it's going to take a while.

I'm working on a few diffrent Logos for my site with, but you know the hardest thing to do is to choose one.

Thanks for all the comments please keep them comeing .

Later all

Archived