• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Confirmations through PayPal IPN

I have tried to resolve my problem which I can see is a relatively standard one, but just need a bit of help.

I have not been receiving order confirmations from any orders I have received.

- I have read the Payment Module v2.3.3 pdf file and followed the instructions to the best of my ability.

- I have activated IPN because my web host suggested to and set the file as www.perfumepalace.co.uk/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

- I have modified my checkout_process.php file through the addition of the Gift Voucher/Discount Coupon add-on.

- I have checked my catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php is a blank screen when browsed for.

- My register globals is on.

- My PHP version is 5.2.6

- My cUrl information is - libcurl/7.18.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.5.6

- My osCommerce version is v2.2 RC2a

I guess my question is why am I not getting order confirmations coming through? Do I need to adjust my paypal_ipn.php and ipn.php files because of the Gift Voucher/Discount Coupon add-on, and if so, given that the files are only similar but not exact, what should I be looking to add in.

I am new to this but am quite happy to do the work myself and test it if I am pointed in the right direction.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Heres the support thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179917

I found answers here.

It took me some long sleepless nights to resolve some of my issues with PayPal IPN.

I may be able to help some, but it will have to be on my time. I am extremly busy.

Message me.

Heres the support thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179917

I found answers here.

It took me some long sleepless nights to resolve some of my issues with PayPal IPN.

I may be able to help some, but it will have to be on my time. I am extremly busy.

Message me.

Hi,

I have the same problem as described here. What was the main problems you found answer to and got it all working? The topic has 190 pages so it's nearly impossible to try every solution :(

Thank you for help!

To be honest I have moved on!

I was advised that PayPal IPN was not the best option to use and PayPal Website Payment Pro was the best option. You need to check your PayPal account can accept this option first and then you need to install Website Payment Pro Direct and Express. From this point onwards our customers either clicked on a PayPal button and were directed to the PayPal site to pay or they stayed on my site and inseretd their card details here for the onward secure transfer to PayPal.

It worked first time, all costs were included, I got all my order confirmations as did my customers and I havent had one order not paid for after moving over.

If I had known what I know now I wouldnt have bothered with PayPal IPN.

I would however strongly suggest you have a SSL certificate for your site though. Having said that, I think you should have one if you are trading with the general public anyway.

I hope this helps.

Ian

• 4 weeks later...

i use PayPal Express now but what it doesn't do it carry across the OSC order number to PayPal, so when the payment email comes thru I can't match it up immediately. Any way round this? Usually the order email and paypal come thru straight away but it'd still be handy to have the order number assed into the Paypal payment.

Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441, UK Garrison

Ghostbuster "Dr Smith"