• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

photo gallery for oscommerce

Hiya.

Got it working at last!!!

but any ideas on how to change this to english?

Klik hier om uw eigen foto's toe te voegen aan deze gallerij.

Also, how can i remove the box at the top of the gallery.php page, where it says photo gallery, then has a little .gif (/images/table_background_specials.gif). I would like it just to say Gallery in a single box.... if you get me!!!

Thanks,

Andy

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya.

Got it working at last!!!

but any ideas on how to change this to english?

Klik hier om uw eigen foto's toe te voegen aan deze gallerij.

Also, how can i remove the box at the top of the gallery.php page, where it says photo gallery, then has a little .gif (/images/table_background_specials.gif). I would like it just to say Gallery in a single box.... if you get me!!!

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy.

do you mean that you'd prefer it to look something like my page?:

www.drumcentral.co.uk/gallery.php

To change the text you've highlighted, open catalog/gallery.php

Find line 188 and you should see:

<p>Klik <a href="gallery_user.php">hier</a> om uw eigen foto's toe te voegen aan deze gallerij.

Just change it to What you need. I changed mine to:

<p>Click <a href="gallery_user.php"><b>HERE</b></a> to add your own pictures to these galleries. Show us your kits or setups, and pics of your band or school playing live. You must have an active Drum central account and be logged in to post pictures.<br<b>Conditions for upload:</b> <li>Maximum 6 pictures; <li>Only jpg files are allowed; <li>Filesize may not exceed 1mb; <li>Dimensions may not exceed 1280px X 1024px

To remove the image at the top of the page, in gallery.php go to line 152 - 153 and you should see:

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_specials.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

I changed mine to:

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"></td>

You can change the header text in: catalog/includes/languages/english/gallery.php line 14:

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Photo gallery');

Just change it to:

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Gallery');

The box in the column will still say 'Photo Gallery'. To change the box title, go to: catalog/includes/languages/english.php and edit the line you added.

I changed mine to:

define('BOX_HEADING_GALLERY', 'Photo Gallery');
define('TEXT_GALLERY', 'Your Pictures');

Hope all this makes sense... and I hope I've done it right!

Kenny

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh forgot to ask, is there any way I can change the layout of the gallery.php and gallery_user.php so that the images are not side by side, but in a "tower" formation?

Thanks again for your help, and by the way, what a brilliant Contrib!

Andy

Hi Andy.

do you mean that you'd prefer it to look something like my page?:

www.drumcentral.co.uk/gallery.php

To change the text you've highlighted, open catalog/gallery.php

Find line 188 and you should see:

<p>Klik <a href="gallery_user.php">hier</a> om uw eigen foto's toe te voegen aan deze gallerij.

Just change it to What you need. I changed mine to:

<p>Click <a href="gallery_user.php"><b>HERE</b></a> to add your own pictures to these galleries. Show us your kits or setups, and pics of your band or school playing live. You must have an active Drum central account and be logged in to post pictures.<br<b>Conditions for upload:</b> <li>Maximum 6 pictures; <li>Only jpg files are allowed; <li>Filesize may not exceed 1mb; <li>Dimensions may not exceed 1280px X 1024px

To remove the image at the top of the page, in gallery.php go to line 152 - 153 and you should see:

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_specials.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

I changed mine to:

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"></td>

You can change the header text in: catalog/includes/languages/english/gallery.php line 14:

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Photo gallery');

Just change it to:

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Gallery');

The box in the column will still say 'Photo Gallery'. To change the box title, go to: catalog/includes/languages/english.php and edit the line you added.

I changed mine to:

define('BOX_HEADING_GALLERY', 'Photo Gallery');
define('TEXT_GALLERY', 'Your Pictures');

Hope all this makes sense... and I hope I've done it right!

Kenny

Hiya Kenny, yes thats exacly what I mean mate.... Any ideas how to remove the blue box from around the word "Photo Gallery" on gallery.php?

Would just like it to say Photo Gallery, but no box, just the words if you get me?

Thanks again for your help mate,

Andy

Hi, it is a super contri, THANKS

It would be nice if in a next version the photos could be stored and shown in folders.

planned

Oh forgot to ask, is there any way I can change the layout of the gallery.php and gallery_user.php so that the images are not side by side, but in a "tower" formation?

Thanks again for your help, and by the way, what a brilliant Contrib!

Andy

You're welcome. I am glad this contrib is appreciated by many users.

To change the amount of colums, just open gallery(_user).php, and look for this variable: $aantal_kol. Set it to the amount of colums you want.

I also want to thank everyone who is helping out other users. This takes out a lot of my workload, so i can focus on adding new features. I am starting on the commenting system today, and hope to release an update next week.

regards,

Matt

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--

planned

You're welcome. I am glad this contrib is appreciated by many users.

To change the amount of colums, just open gallery(_user).php, and look for this variable: $aantal_kol. Set it to the amount of colums you want.

I also want to thank everyone who is helping out other users. This takes out a lot of my workload, so i can focus on adding new features. I am starting on the commenting system today, and hope to release an update next week.

regards,

Matt

Hiya Matt,

Thanks for the reply, works brilliany again! Just 1 final question, how can i change the word "Photo Gallery" in gallery.php so it only says Photo Gallery without any box around it? Get what I mean? lol

Just 1 final question, how can i change the word "Photo Gallery" in gallery.php so it only says Photo Gallery without any box around it?

ok, go to column_left.php, and comment out

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'gallery.php');

under this, type:

echo '<tr><td>'.BOX_HEADING_GALLERY.'</td></tr>';

Now layout from here as you like.

Matthias Thoen

ok, go to column_left.php, and comment out

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'gallery.php');

under this, type:

echo '<tr><td>'.BOX_HEADING_GALLERY.'</td></tr>';

Now layout from here as you like.

Sorry, think i didnt make sence! The bit i mean is the box around the word Photo Gallery in the attached image: www.alpha-model-sports.com/pic.jpg

Hope you see what I mean!!!

Thanks again,

Andy

Sorry, think i didnt make sence! The bit i mean is the box around the word Photo Gallery in the attached image: www.alpha-model-sports.com/pic.jpg

Hope you see what I mean!!!

Thanks again,

Andy

Oh, that box, that is part of your oscommerce installation, this looks different on every site depending on how you have layouted your site, it does not belong to gallery.php in specific. You may want to look at your CSS file looking for the pageHeading class, and in gallery(_user).php look for the layout around

Matthias Thoen

as at the moment, all the fint colours and layout is all over the place!

What do you mean by that? Apart from the popups, no colors or layout is used specifically for the gallery, everything comes from the main oscommerce stylesheet. A screenshot may be helpfull.

Matthias Thoen

Added today and works like a charm :D Thank you, a great, user friendly contribution. I shall keep my eyes peeled for future additions and releases. Cheers!!

thank you. If i were you i would visit this topic tomorrow ...

Matthias Thoen

What do you mean by that? Apart from the popups, no colors or layout is used specifically for the gallery, everything comes from the main oscommerce stylesheet. A screenshot may be helpfull.

http://www.alpha-model-sports.com/test_store3/gallery.php

As you can see the fonts cant be seen and also the left and right sizes are too big.... any way i can change the size so it looks like the rest of the store?

Thanks

HEllo, nice contribution :)

I have just found it and l' idea is really good

but it's damage they not have validation by admin, for control the pictures before the publication for the responsability of the shop.

http://www.alpha-model-sports.com/test_store3/gallery.php

As you can see the fonts cant be seen and also the left and right sizes are too big.... any way i can change the size so it looks like the rest of the store?

Thanks

very nice site! However very modded, that is why the gallery does not fit in without modification from your part. I suggest you take a look at your other files, and see how they are layouted, then do it the same way to layout your gallery(_user).php file.

HEllo, nice contribution :)

I have just found it and l' idea is really good

but it's damage they not have validation by admin, for control the pictures before the publication for the responsability of the shop.

I will add this to the feature list.

Matthias Thoen

UPDATE:

A new version has been uploaded: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6181

Added:

-commenting system

-title and description per picture

project website

I have created a small website for this project. You can view it here: http://oscommerce-photo-gallery.micrographx.be

You will find every information you need there, from installation instructions, to "how to use"-information. As well as screenshots, hints and tips, and how the development of future versions is going. Support and feature requests stay in this topic and this topic only. Please do not create a new topic for help as i will not see it and thus will not be able to help!

Enjoy!

Matt

Matthias Thoen

UPDATE:

A new version has been uploaded: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6181

Added:

-commenting system

-title and description per picture

project website

I have created a small website for this project. You can view it here: http://oscommerce-photo-gallery.micrographx.be

You will find every information you need there, from installation instructions, to "how to use"-information. As well as screenshots, hints and tips, and how the development of future versions is going. Support and feature requests stay in this topic and this topic only. Please do not create a new topic for help as i will not see it and thus will not be able to help!

Enjoy!

Matt

hey Matt, thanks for the reply to my post. just read your above message, and had a look at your site.... let me know if you want a domain name and hosting (totally free).... think this is a brilliant contrib.... only thing i woould like in return is some help with finishing my site.... like a logo made.... only small things!

Thanks again,

Andy

very nice site! However very modded, that is why the gallery does not fit in without modification from your part. I suggest you take a look at your other files, and see how they are layouted, then do it the same way to layout your gallery(_user).php file.

I will add this to the feature list.

forgot to ask.... any idea's where the file/details would be for my store site/layout/fonts would be? so i can change the layout of gallery(_user).php

I don't know if it crossed anybodys mind,

but this contribution would be awsome if

it were adapted to product REVIEWS!!!

When button is clicked the popup would show

image of the item, username and comment

fields.

By the way it is a awsome contribution now.

Thanks a mill,

Ronnie

Well I updated and it all looks great, still uploads and displays correctly. I can see the new extra fields but when I try to edit and add a description I get this Matt

warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/smmpztm/public_html/XXXXXXXXX/gallery_process.php on line 7

any clues please?

Many thanks :D

hey Matt, thanks for the reply to my post. just read your above message, and had a look at your site.... let me know if you want a domain name and hosting (totally free).... think this is a brilliant contrib.... only thing i woould like in return is some help with finishing my site.... like a logo made.... only small things!

Thanks again,

Andy

thanks for the offer, but i own micrographx.be and corresponding hosting. If the situation requires (ie this contrib gets more and more popular) i can see about a standalone donain.

forgot to ask.... any idea's where the file/details would be for my store site/layout/fonts would be? so i can change the layout of gallery(_user).php

all files are in the same folder where you have uploaded gallery.php. The stylesheet is called stylesheet.css and is also in the same folder.

I don't know if it crossed anybodys mind,

but this contribution would be awsome if

it were adapted to product REVIEWS!!!

When button is clicked the popup would show

image of the item, username and comment

fields.

By the way it is a awsome contribution now.

Thanks a mill,

Ronnie

can you please explain in more detail what you want?

Well I updated and it all looks great, still uploads and displays correctly. I can see the new extra fields but when I try to edit and add a description I get this Matt

warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/smmpztm/public_html/XXXXXXXXX/gallery_process.php on line 7

any clues please?

Many thanks :D

Please replace line 7 in gallery_process.php with this:

$sql = mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query("SELECT title, description FROM gallery WHERE cID=".$_GET['cID']." AND pID=".$_GET['pID'])) or die(mysql_error());

It will not solve the problem, but it will show a more detailed error. I think there is an error in your database. Also, what exactly did you enter as description/title? Did you use ' or " signs?

Edited by killerwhale65

Matthias Thoen

Bugfix:

There is a bug when using special characters in the title, description or comment. A temporary solution:

1. in gallery_process.php

Change line 11 into:

$titel = stripslashes($sql['title']);

Change line 16 into:

$desc = stripslashes($sql['description']);

Change lines 29 & 30 into:

$naam = addslashes($_POST['comment_naam']);
$tekst = addslashes($_POST['comment_tekst']);

2. in gallery_user.php

Change line 28 into:

mysql_query("UPDATE gallery SET title='".addslashes($_POST['title'])."', description='".addslashes($_POST['description'])."' WHERE cID=".$cID." AND pID=".$pID) or die(mysql_error());

Change line 298 into:

echo '<b>'.stripslashes($commentaar[0]) . "</b>: ".stripslashes($commentaar[1]).'<hr style="border:0px;border-top:1px solid #666666;">';

3. in gallery.php

Change line 175 into:

echo '<div style="font-style:italic;border:1px solid #666666;background:#ffffcc">'.stripslashes($fotos['description']).'</div><p>';

Change line 183 into:

echo '<b>'.stripslashes($commentaar[0]) . "</b>: ".stripslashes($commentaar[1]).'<hr style="border:0px;border-top:1px solid #666666;">';

Permanent solution will follow in the next update.

Matthias Thoen