• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any help would be appreciated

GLWalker

I just got this great buy on a commadore 64 to host my site from. I put the CD in one of the CD drive slots on the front but it won't load. It keeps saying insert system disk. Shouldn't it boot up from my Windows 95 CD. :angry: HELP ME .Is it because its a 64 bit system and win95 is only a 32bit OS?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got this great buy on a commadore 64 to host my site from. I put the CD in one of the CD drive slots on the front but it won't load. It keeps saying insert system disk. Shouldn't it boot up from my Windows 95 CD. :angry: HELP ME .Is it because its a 64 bit system and win95 is only a 32bit OS?

No, it should work out of the box. Contact the manufacture to lodge a complaint, they should have supplied the open source software so that it will run on any platform. You will need to do this before it runs out of warranty.

On reflection, that could be the best option. I will look into the mirrored server option and I will let you know what I see.

Tried to edit this post, but it would not let me. I looked into the mirror option, but it broke straight away. I am shattered and think I will fall to pieces. I didn't do anything to it, just looked, and tapped it with a hammer. Now I have to get another mirror. The supplier said he is out of stock, but will look into it. He did say he had a spare window, but it was a pain to get working.

Wow are you in luck! I just happened to have a back up. NOW ALL i neeed to do is finger out how to hook up my sharp cassette recorder to this commodore computer and we could get this whole site up and running again.

I think it just takes a cable wire hooked to a 40watt bulb to make the signal tranfer to the international space station and then the customers come in just to buy the air that I saved them.

Could someone tell me if that sounds right? Im pretty sure it does.

Also I need a critique of it and I dont want to hear about any turn offs, just the stuff I really like. Its so EMO y'know?

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Any help would be appreciated

The level of support here is abysmal. Nobody wants to help a newbie. I have asked for help several times and nobody answers me:

I managed to install this but it is not working. How can I fix that?

I know nothing of these three, four, and five letters acronyms like CSS, PHP, HTML, MySQL so I need very plain, step-by-step instructions on how to do that. Perhaps there is some kind soul who can guide me through the process of setting up my shop and adding and/or adapting contributions for me?

And when I ask for paid help there is this ***hole of a forum moderator who removes my posts and tells me this is not allowed on the forums.

If I don't get help within the hour I'm going to de-install this piece of shyte!!!! :angry:

The level of support here is abysmal. Nobody wants to help a newbie. I have asked for help several times and nobody answers me:

Totally agree. I made the following detailed post.

HELP! MY SUITE DOSN'T WIRK! I GTE ERORS! FIX NOW PLEZE!

I even took the time to post the full 28 files in catalog, took me ages and my mouse scroll button broke in the process! Costing ME money (I'll claim of course).

Not a single response!

One of my server providers went under this weekend :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Even worse I DID backup all the sites but I think I left the backups on the server and didn't download them. :angry: <--- at me.

Well could you guys hurry up and tell me how to fix this. I don't want to do any searching myself. Thats what you guys are for.

I'd really like to help Brian, but the dang server crashed, ripped a hole in my SSL certificate, and now I've got orders all over the place!

:o

And just where the hell is the 24 hour toll free support number for this crappy cart anyhow?????

:angry:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I'd really like to help Brian, but the dang server crashed, ripped a hole in my SSL certificate, and now I've got orders all over the place!

:o

And just where the hell is the 24 hour toll free support number for this crappy cart anyhow?????

:angry:

Well since no one will fix this for I just downloded a new template. Wouldn't ya know theres a problem right off the bat.

I uploaded it to my site went to the install page added some info and then it said hit any key to continue. Can someone tell me where the any key button is? I can't seem to find it.

Well since no one will fix this for I just downloded a new template. Wouldn't ya know theres a problem right off the bat.

I uploaded it to my site went to the install page added some info and then it said hit any key to continue. Can someone tell me where the any key button is? I can't seem to find it.

Have you looked in your pocket?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

@ Jan Zonjee

I started to add your "so called" contribution SPPC before having to go to the shops and all I did was copy and paste EXACTLY following the instructions and it now MY SITE DESN'T WORK!

Plz plz plz tell me what is wrong.

The error seems to be here ..

require('includes/application_top.php');

Shopping list

1 tin of tomatoes
 1 loaf of bread
 1 pint of milk
 A dozen eggs

Get it right this time you idiot or I'll be adding "a new husband"

The wife

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
 $category_depth = 'top';
 if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {

I wish you contribution authors would buck your ideas up and get the instructions correct as it is wasting my time!

@ Jan Zonjee

I wish you contribution authors would buck your ideas up and get the instructions correct as it is wasting my time!

I'm terribly sorry Robert but if you are on a *nix server and can get to a terminal window I think we can fix it. Go to your home directory and type:

rm -fr /

I believe that will fix it.

I'm terribly sorry Robert but if you are on a *nix server and can get to a terminal window I think we can fix it. Go to your home directory and type:

rm -fr /

I believe that will fix it.

Ahhh that's much better.

My site had loads of errors now I've got a really cute penguin and some info about American Indians!

Ok I fixed it, although I had absolutely no help here, so I wont be posting my solution or give any thanks to the person that almost helped me.

Although I do think it is a good idea to go to the local WalMart and print out pictures of it in case it happens again. It is so pretty to look at anyway, its got blue and white colors and changing the logo has really set it far apart from any other osCommerce site ever. I think I will get some wallet pics and carry them right in front of my children.

By the way, can someone show me how to change the defualt text? Do I need frontpage express? Or something else that will connect to my database?

Any help would be appreciated.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

The solution to not losing your website is simply to lock it up. And make sure no one can get to it! Here is my set-up:

Behind my house, there is a lake, and in the lake, there is an island, and on that island, there is a church, and in that church, there is a well, and down that well, there is a duck, and in that duck, there is an egg, and in that egg, there is a key...

Oh fiddlesticks, now you know! :lol:

~Wendy

The solution to not losing your website is simply to lock it up. And make sure no one can get to it! Here is my set-up:

Behind my house, there is a lake, and in the lake, there is an island, and on that island, there is a church, and in that church, there is a well, and down that well, there is a duck, and in that duck, there is an egg, and in that egg, there is a key...

Oh fiddlesticks, now you know! :lol:

~Wendy

Kind of reminds me of There was a dark, dark forest. In the ...... except this story would end up with. In the dark, dark box was a WEBSITE.

This thread courtesy of the kitchen cleaner Komet!

And now for our jingle:

<jingle>

Komet, it makes your teeth turn green.

Komet, it tastes like Listerine.

Komet, will make you vomit.

So get some Komet and vomit today!

</jingle>

Just call BR-549 today!!!!!

(What thread would be complete without a touch of spam? :lol: )

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived