Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TracyH

Feedback Please.

Please give me feedback on my site. This is my first try and I need some constructive criticism to make it great. Please consider this is my first try so be nice. :)

www.hhpepper.com

i dont like the fact that you just minimised the powered by osc..

the other thing is that you have a image that cant dishplay

and one other thing you have wrote in black on a black background.

I like the top bit/logo and the background, looks very professional and in keeping with the product.

The rest just doesn't work .. did someone else do it? hurts the eyes.

Top Logo - great.

Rest - shite - one of the worst templates available.

Make your own design in the style of your logo.

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

Top Logo - great.

Rest - shite - one of the worst templates available.

Make your own design in the style of your logo.

Unfortunately using a template was all I can do. I dont know enough about it to make my own. Yes I did the top logo myself and changed the background. The Ring of Fire banner at the bottom was just imported html and that is where the black text came from. I like the rounded boxes and such but have not figured out how to change it. Keep in mind that I had never even heard of oscommerce a couple weeks ago and I have never done any website work. I am the newest of the noobs :(. I need help from a professional, any legit pros around here that do freelance?

Yeah, I love the fire background and the top logo is fine, the rest...not so much. Agreed with others about the webring, got to go.

I'm stealing this link from a friend of mine, but its a great place to start to learn about oscommerce:

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

Debora

Breaking code.... one website at a time.

Vibrators: like cute little puppies without the puppy breath. Who can't like a vibrator?

Life Tip: Taking yourself too seriously? Put on a penis hat and look in the mirror every 5 minutes. That should fix it.

"Finally found the ball gag for those damn voices. Now to pull out the whip...." - Me

Member of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB - WE RULE!

I love the site so far. I don't have a whole lot of time to check it out just yet, but looks great. Caught my attention.

Thanks. Any more feedback?

You still got that crappy template :(

If you would give your site a new look based on the header it would be so much better.

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest Responsive osCommerce CE (community edition) here

Did you buy that template or was it a free one? There's all kinds of thing you can do to get the rest of your site in line with your header, but we're kind of stuck not knowing what you are willing to do in terms of that template. Are you willing to dump it? Burt's right. You could have a great look based on your header.

I like the fire background because I think it goes with your product, but you could make it less hard on the eyes by widening your store to 955. Also, there's no meta tag descriptions or keywords. That will hurt you.

You have no SSL and you only have one language and one currency so there's no need for those boxes.

Also, you've got the default osc icons. Find some better ones because they really don't go well with your website.

Debora

Breaking code.... one website at a time.

Vibrators: like cute little puppies without the puppy breath. Who can't like a vibrator?

Life Tip: Taking yourself too seriously? Put on a penis hat and look in the mirror every 5 minutes. That should fix it.

"Finally found the ball gag for those damn voices. Now to pull out the whip...." - Me

Member of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB - WE RULE!

I really need someone to help me fix my site. Someone who know what they are doing and wont rob me. The last person who offered help took my money and did nothing.

Tracy.