• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to NOT store CC numbers in the database?

dawdaw

I have a project where we want to use Authorize.Net gateway but never store the credit card numbers in the database not even momentarily. (Since the site has not launched yet there are no existing CC #s in the database to worry about.) We only want the CC # to get passed to the gateway. I have spent several hours grepping files, etc., and can't figure it out. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks,

dawdaw

2.2rc1

I have a project where we want to use Authorize.Net gateway but never store the credit card numbers in the database not even momentarily. (Since the site has not launched yet there are no existing CC #s in the database to worry about.) We only want the CC # to get passed to the gateway. I have spent several hours grepping files, etc., and can't figure it out. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks,

dawdaw

2.2rc1

The newest official oscommerce authorize.net gateway module should not store the cc info in the db...

But if you use the authorize.net aim module or other versions which does, then there is a fix here:

Remove Credit Card from DB cdi-buy.com 31 Jul 2008

Click me...

Edited by toyicebear

The newest official oscommerce authorize.net gateway module should not store the cc info in the db...

But if you use the authorize.net aim module or other versions which does, then there is a fix here:

Remove Credit Card from DB cdi-buy.com 31 Jul 2008

Click me...

Thank you Nick! I downloaded it and will give it a try.

--dawdaw