• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quick Edit does not allow long product names

zdavatz

I installed the Add-On "Quick-Edit" and I am very happy with it, except: It does not allow product names longer then a certain amount of chars. It does display them though, if you add them with Easy Populate.

I updated my product list with Easy Populate and I had to edit a long name of a product - make the product name longer. After a certain amount of chars, Quick Edit will not accept any more chars. There must be a max-Limit somewhere. If I edit the product name in the normal "Products / Categories" section I can make the product name as long as I want.

Spock wants me to post this message in the forum. I am looking forward to his answer.

Best

Zeno

This limitation is due to a requirement of the site I was working on at the time.

There is also the limit set in the dBase, 64 char by default.

product_quickedit_info.php find:

<td class="main" colspan="3"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', (isset($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])), 'size="38" maxlength="38"', true); ?></td>

change to:

<td class="main" colspan="3"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', (isset($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])), 'size="50" maxlength="64"', true); ?></td>

Set values higher if you alter dbase.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Spock wants me to post this message in the forum. I am looking forward to his answer.

Best

Zeno

Spock is unavailable, will Captain Kirk do?

Sure!

Another question: Is there any posibility to include the "weight" as well as a "Quick-Edit" field That would just be very great! The "weight" is missing in the Quick-Edit Add-On.

Thank you for your Feedback.

Best

Zeno

Sure!

Another question: Is there any posibility to include the "weight" as well as a "Quick-Edit" field That would just be very great! The "weight" is missing in the Quick-Edit Add-On.

Best

Zeno

Good pick up. It is in the array in product_quickedit_info.php but not displayed.

[/size]Set values higher if you alter dbase.

Which DB-field do I have to alter if I want to allow more then 64 chars for the product name?

Best

Zeno

Which DB-field do I have to alter if I want to allow more then 64 chars for the product name?

Ok, found: It is in

products_description > products_name

Best

Zeno

Archived