Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zdavatz

Quick Edit does not allow long product names

I installed the Add-On "Quick-Edit" and I am very happy with it, except: It does not allow product names longer then a certain amount of chars. It does display them though, if you add them with Easy Populate.

I updated my product list with Easy Populate and I had to edit a long name of a product - make the product name longer. After a certain amount of chars, Quick Edit will not accept any more chars. There must be a max-Limit somewhere. If I edit the product name in the normal "Products / Categories" section I can make the product name as long as I want.

Spock wants me to post this message in the forum. I am looking forward to his answer.

Best

Zeno

This limitation is due to a requirement of the site I was working on at the time.

There is also the limit set in the dBase, 64 char by default.

product_quickedit_info.php find:

<td class="main" colspan="3"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', (isset($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])), 'size="38" maxlength="38"', true); ?></td>

change to:

<td class="main" colspan="3"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', (isset($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])), 'size="50" maxlength="64"', true); ?></td>

Set values higher if you alter dbase.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Spock wants me to post this message in the forum. I am looking forward to his answer.

Best

Zeno

Spock is unavailable, will Captain Kirk do?

The Coopco Underwear Shop

If you live to be 100 years of age, that means you have lived for 36,525 days. Don't waste another, there aren't many left.

Sure!

Another question: Is there any posibility to include the "weight" as well as a "Quick-Edit" field That would just be very great! The "weight" is missing in the Quick-Edit Add-On.

Thank you for your Feedback.

Best

Zeno

Sure!

Another question: Is there any posibility to include the "weight" as well as a "Quick-Edit" field That would just be very great! The "weight" is missing in the Quick-Edit Add-On.

Best

Zeno

Good pick up. It is in the array in product_quickedit_info.php but not displayed.

If you live to be 100 years of age, that means you have lived for 36,525 days. Don't waste another, there aren't many left.

[/size]Set values higher if you alter dbase.

Which DB-field do I have to alter if I want to allow more then 64 chars for the product name?

Best

Zeno

Which DB-field do I have to alter if I want to allow more then 64 chars for the product name?

Ok, found: It is in

products_description > products_name

Best

Zeno

Good pick up. It is in the array in product_quickedit_info.php but not displayed.

Support forum