• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Payment method stored?

aodfan

Just wondering if there was a contribution where it saves the payment info in the database and allows a returning customer to order faster so that they dont have to re-enter cc info all the time. they can delete it at anytime and at order process it asks with a tick box if they want their cc data to be saved for faster transactions later. they can update it within their account info.

Just wondering if there was a contribution where it saves the payment info in the database and allows a returning customer to order faster so that they dont have to re-enter cc info all the time. they can delete it at anytime and at order process it asks with a tick box if they want their cc data to be saved for faster transactions later. they can update it within their account info.

Only if you wish to get arrested by the police .. it's illegal to my knowledge.

umm...I think you are thinking of something different or I didnt write it out correctly......there are many retailers that do this to name a few, newegg.com, at&t, amazon.com, ebay, paypal. They just store your information to make the checkout process faster.

umm...I think you are thinking of something different or I didnt write it out correctly......there are many retailers that do this to name a few, newegg.com, at&t, amazon.com, ebay, paypal. They just store your information to make the checkout process faster.

To store card details legally you have to undergo an exhaustive range of checks and verifications including PCI testing for one.

I'm not going to go into detail but if you store card information locally you are either a bank or in trouble LOL.