• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Standard checkout process

skyjunker

I understood Paypal Standard allowed a buyer to select an item, then by clicking checkout be directed to paypal who take the order. This is all I need, with no user account creation on oscommerce. Looking at other posts suggests this may not be the case. Can anyone give some guidance?

In summary I would like:

Checkout links to paypal

No account creation in oscommerce

Customer need not be a paypal customer

Customer can pay by credit card or paypal, if an account holder

The paypal website shows this as being in the standard package, but I would like to confirm.

thanks,

I understood Paypal Standard allowed a buyer to select an item, then by clicking checkout be directed to paypal who take the order. This is all I need, with no user account creation on oscommerce. Looking at other posts suggests this may not be the case. Can anyone give some guidance?

In summary I would like:

Checkout links to paypal

No account creation in oscommerce

Customer need not be a paypal customer

Customer can pay by credit card or paypal, if an account holder

The paypal website shows this as being in the standard package, but I would like to confirm.

thanks,

Not PayPal Standard.

Both PayPal Express and Google checkout do not require a buyer to create an account in the shop (An account will be created but by the processor)

Edited by FWR Media

Does paypal express require the buyer to have a paypal account?

No they can pay by card but they will still have to open an account to supply name address etc

Is there any paypal scheme that does not require the buyer to have a paypal account?

Somewhere .. somehow, the buyer has to give name and address (details) to pay.

Somewhere .. somehow, the buyer has to give name and address (details) to pay.

That much is obvious.

Looking at the paypal demo's of their various cart integrations shows a number of examples where the buyer clicks on checkout and is directed to paypal. At this point the confusion arises - the buyer can apparently pay by credit card (whether they have a paypal account or not) or paypal (if they have a paypal account). I do not want to require my customers to have a paypal account, I just want paypal to process the sale, as they imply they can do.

So, is there an oscommerce paypal scheme that allows this:

No need for the buyer to setup an oscommerce account (pay without account?)

Checkout takes buyer to paypal and can then pay by credit card (with or without paypal account) or paypal

No need for the buyer to setup an oscommerce account (pay without account?)

Checkout takes buyer to paypal and can then pay by credit card (with or without paypal account) or paypal

These are both modifications that we are making to the Express Checkout module with V2.2 RC2.

Purchase Without Account is on the osc repository site just awaiting release you can test it out in sandbox here demo.oscommerce.com/pm

Redirecting to PayPal and give the option to pay with credit card or via PayPal account is called "Account Optional" and I am hoping we can get this in when the Purchase Without Account goes live.

Watch this space.

Thanks,

John.

Thanks John. So I need to watch for the express checkout, which will offer the paypal redirect to an 'account optional' mode of payment. This may include PWA as well, if not the user has to create their osc account. Is that right?

I've been away from osc for about 4 years so I'm playing catch up, this isn't helped by paypal's non-obvious offerings of express, standard etc!

Thanks John. So I need to watch for the express checkout, which will offer the paypal redirect to an 'account optional' mode of payment. This may include PWA as well, if not the user has to create their osc account. Is that right?

I've been away from osc for about 4 years so I'm playing catch up, this isn't helped by paypal's non-obvious offerings of express, standard etc!

No worries

The next release of Express Checkout should contain both requests of PWA and PayPal Account Optional settings.

• 1 month later...
John,

Is this release available yet?

Paypal Web standard will allow you to pay without creating a paypal account. PWA 2.0g is a mod that will allow people to pay without an account in osc. These are already available because I am using those on my site.