• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] New products Glide

coconimo

hi,

you can change the settings of featuredcontentglider.css & cssbuttonstoggler.css files :

.glidecontentwrapper{
.../...
margin-left: 65px;
width: 600px;
height: 230px; /* Set height to be able to contain height of largest content shown*/
.../...
}

and :

.cssbuttonstoggler{ /*style for DIV used to contain toggler links. */
margin-top: 0px;
margin-bottom:0px;
padding-bottom: 5px;
.../...
}

Yours.

Hi.

I am struggling with this contribution. It works perfectly in Firefox, but in IE6 and IE7, the glide box appears with no content, and my right side bar doesn't load.

Can anyone help me with this issue please? This is a great contribution, but I can't use it if it won't work in IE.

Thanks.

Dwane.

hi,

you can change the settings of featuredcontentglider.css & cssbuttonstoggler.css files :

.glidecontentwrapper{
.../...
height: 230px; /* Set height to be able to contain height of largest content shown*/
.../...
}

and :

.cssbuttonstoggler{ /*style for DIV used to contain toggler links. */
margin-top: 0px;
margin-bottom:0px;
padding-bottom: 5px;
.../...
}

Yours.

Hi

Thanks Alot ..got it working now.. Is there away to just have the new products show just on the home page only..

cause when you click on a Category.. a popup says" no content exists at page 1 loading first page instead "

but when you click on a sub category from that page it works.. If you need to see my site is www.dtpetsupplies.com

Thanks

Tom

Hi.

I am struggling with this contribution. It works perfectly in Firefox, but in IE6 and IE7, the glide box appears with no content, and my right side bar doesn't load.

Can anyone help me with this issue please? This is a great contribution, but I can't use it if it won't work in IE.

Thanks.

Dwane.

Problem solved.

For anyone else who has this problem, this contribution doesn't handle HTML in the product description. I am using the WYSIWYG contribution, and for some reason the HTML generated by WYSIWYG contrib causes problems with the New Products Contribution. I think it is due to WYSIWYG inserting some standard header tags into the product title/description code.

Anyway, my problem is solved......But what do I use? HTML descriptions or New Products Glide?

Cheers.

Dwane.

P.S. I think I will use New Products Glide. VERY cool contrib. Thanks!

Another problem.........

This time, some images aren't loading in IE6, but ALL are OK in FireFox and IE7. (This also happens on the live sample site http://ouistiti.ke0.eu/). The strange part is that it isn't all the images, just certain ones. In my store, it appears to be ones all from the same category that won't load the images. (My new products are only in 2 categories - 1 category is fine, the other category isn't)

Any suggestions for a possible fix??

Cheers.

Dwane.

Hi

Thanks Alot ..got it working now.. Is there away to just have the new products show just on the home page only..

cause when you click on a Category.. a popup says" no content exists at page 1 loading first page instead "

but when you click on a sub category from that page it works.. If you need to see my site is www.dtpetsupplies.com

Thanks

Tom

it's normal, the category does not have product, so :

add in the catalog/includes/modules/new_products_glide.php file before the first '?>'

$new_products_count = tep_count_products_in_category($new_products_category_id);			
if ($new_products_count > 0){

and to the end of the same file :

<?php		   
 }						
?>

it's normal, the category does not have product, so :

add in the catalog/includes/modules/new_products_glide.php file before the first '?>'

$new_products_count = tep_count_products_in_category($new_products_category_id);			
if ($new_products_count > 0){

and to the end of the same file :

<?php		   
 }						
?>

Hi

Ok that worked ..but only for the first category sub directory

the other sub directories still give the error.

Thank for your help

Tom

Hi

Ok that worked ..but only for the first category sub directory

the other sub directories still give the error.

Thank for your help

Tom

Or i should say its not picking up on all the sub directories..

Thanks

Tom

Just another quick update on the WYSIWYG contrib and the New Products Glide contrib.

I edited the WYSIWYG configuration - Removed most of the buttons apart from Bold, Italic, Underline, Font, Font Size, Cut, Copy, Paste and Font Color and it is working perfectly.

The problem was that WYSIWYG contrib was adding <DIV> tags whicn caused probs with New Products Glider, but not on the product description pages.

Hope this helps some of you.

Cheers.

Dwane.

Hi

I Hope someone can help me here..

I see that on my categories the ones that go 2 deep the mod works but on my categories that

go 3 deep or more its giving me the no content error..

If i click on category that has sub categories it shows up..

but if i click on other categories that have other categories listed under it ..it doesn't work

Thanks

Problem solved.

For anyone else who has this problem, this contribution doesn't handle HTML in the product description. I am using the WYSIWYG contribution, and for some reason the HTML generated by WYSIWYG contrib causes problems with the New Products Contribution. I think it is due to WYSIWYG inserting some standard header tags into the product title/description code.

Anyway, my problem is solved......But what do I use? HTML descriptions or New Products Glide?

Cheers.

Dwane.

P.S. I think I will use New Products Glide. VERY cool contrib. Thanks!

change in the catalog/includes/modules/new_products_glide.php file :

<div class="description"><?php echo substr($new_products['products_description'],0,250); if(strlen($new_products['products_description']) > 250){echo ' ...';} ?></div>

with :

<div class="description"><?php echo substr(strip_tags($new_products['products_description']),0,250); if(strlen($new_products['products_description']) > 250){echo ' ...';} ?></div>

Hi

I Hope someone can help me here..

I see that on my categories the ones that go 2 deep the mod works but on my categories that

go 3 deep or more its giving me the no content error..

If i click on category that has sub categories it shows up..

but if i click on other categories that have other categories listed under it ..it doesn't work

Thanks

change in the catalog/featuredcontentglider.js file :

alert("No content exists at page "+(selected+1)+"! Loading 1st page instead.")

with :

config.$glider.html('No new product in this sub category')

change in the catalog/includes/modules/new_products_glide.php file :

<div class="description"><?php echo substr($new_products['products_description'],0,250); if(strlen($new_products['products_description']) > 250){echo ' ...';} ?></div>

with :

<div class="description"><?php echo substr(strip_tags($new_products['products_description']),0,250); if(strlen($new_products['products_description']) > 250){echo ' ...';} ?></div>

change in the catalog/featuredcontentglider.js file :

with :

config.$glider.html('No new product in this sub category')

another solution :

replace :

with :

config.$glider.hide()
config.$togglerdiv.hide()

• 3 months later...

Hi, this contribution is great.

But I have question.

Is it possible to addopt this contribution to a box which will show new products but two product in the same time (one below second) and glige for next two?

Thanks for help...

Kris

Edited by witer

• 4 weeks later...