• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Osc About us (add-on) Page

Hello all?

remember me? LOL. Anyways, it is my pleasure to announce that I have contributed my second contribution to the osc community. This add-on page is designed for all osc websites. You can use this add on to create an about us section for your webstore, so your customers can learn all about you or your company. This add on comes from an older version of osc, I had to conduct extensive configurations, re-coding & development, to make it work in newer versions of Osc.

Contribution is available at:

Download free contribution here

Live Demo is available at:

My Osc

all is welcomed to use this contribution for their webstore. More contributions are on the way; until then, feel free to check out my other add-ons.

here's the link

Hello all?

remember me? LOL. Anyways, it is my pleasure to announce that I have contributed my second contribution to the osc community. This add-on page is designed for all osc websites. You can use this add on to create an about us section for your webstore, so your customers can learn all about you or your company. This add on comes from an older version of osc, I had to conduct extensive configurations, re-coding & development, to make it work in newer versions of Osc.

Contribution is available at:

Download free contribution here

Live Demo is available at:

My Osc

all is welcomed to use this contribution for their webstore. More contributions are on the way; until then, feel free to check out my other add-ons.

here's the link

Rick,

I’m not one who likes to criticize someone else’s work but wasn’t sure if you were aware of the Knowledge Base that is available for osCommerce? The reason I ask, there is an excellent topic on creating an About Us page listed in the Knowledge Base.

You can find it here:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/Catalog_Area/Boxes/49

The above link describes what is needed in order to create a new page in your osCommerce shop that meets osC standards of coding.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Rick,

I’m not one who likes to criticize someone else’s work but wasn’t sure if you were aware of the Knowledge Base that is available for osCommerce? The reason I ask, there is an excellent topic on creating an About Us page listed in the Knowledge Base.

You can find it here:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/Catalog_Area/Boxes/49

The above link describes what is needed in order to create a new page in your osCommerce shop that meets osC standards of coding.

hey, hows it going?

I'm glad that you said what you have to say. Because I'm still learning how osc operates.

and if I'm doing something wrong, or if I didn't know that know that a certain resource is

available,comments like your are still helpful. I'm not one who will jump all over your case

for telling me something helpful. Simply because of two things. #1. It could be something

that I can learn from. #2. Maybe I should reconsider the way I do things. it's Win-win.

Thanks for your comment. I'll check into that for future reference. And if I have offend the

knowledge base, I extend my apologies and will never do it again.

hey, hows it going?

I'm glad that you said what you have to say. Because I'm still learning how osc operates.

and if I'm doing something wrong, or if I didn't know that know that a certain resource is

available,comments like your are still helpful. I'm not one who will jump all over your case

for telling me something helpful. Simply because of two things. #1. It could be something

that I can learn from. #2. Maybe I should reconsider the way I do things. it's Win-win.

Thanks for your comment. I'll check into that for future reference. And if I have offend the

knowledge base, I extend my apologies and will never do it again.

Hello Rick,

Whoa....I don't think you will ever offend anyone here by offering a contribution for FREE! THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION! ;)

I think you misunderstood my post above. I just wanted to simply point out the reference to the knowledge base article. I wasn't sure if you were aware of it or not. It has a lot of helpful stuff in there and creating a new page was just one of them. :rolleyes:

Hey, even if you were aware of it, I'm sure your work would help someone who wasn't.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hey, I checked out that link.

The coding there looks exactly like the coding in the add-on I altered.

In fact, it looked the same as the tutorial "When I finished it." I didn't

know that tutorial was available (" maybe I should spend more time

on OSc") but seriously, my instinct led me not to drastically alter

the coding. ("in respect of the respected owner(s)") The before file

lacked a few things, so I spruced it up. All links and trademarks are

intact. apparently, a page won't work without it...

hey thanks again, Bill.

& p.s.

there is no misunderstanding Bill. I really did not know that was there.

I appreciate you telling me that. Who knows how long it would have took

me to find it, if you would not have told me.

Edited by wally_wally