• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Manual Order Maker

lildog

I have just installed the order editor and manual order maker. I see the order editor show up in my admin/configur section, but how do I go about using it or using manual order maker. When I go into admin/customer and go create, it giving me a 500 internal servicer error. I dont see anything in my adminstration about creating an order. Please if anyone can help with this issue. I'm using osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a with algozone template.

I figured out why i was not seeing the create order in the admin/customer. I did not upload the the customers.php in admin/includes/boxes. But I'm still receiving the same error when i try to create order. Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, check installation instruction once more. Carefuly see the places where you modify existing files. Also, I recommend to use FireFox browser, because some times InternetExplorer displays 500 error, but the real reason are errors in PHP code. In that case FireFox correctly display PHP errors. Also check .httaccess file for correct permissions.

Please, check installation instruction once more. Carefuly see the places where you modify existing files. Also, I recommend to use FireFox browser, because some times InternetExplorer displays 500 error, but the real reason are errors in PHP code. In that case FireFox correctly display PHP errors. Also check .httaccess file for correct permissions.

I just reinstalled both order editor and manual order maker and im getting the same error. I also added the Collect Res_Comm info for shipping compatibility. Also updated to 5.07 to 5.09 by updating the database. Is there certain permissions that i should be using on these files?

Is this posible now?

it does not now but is very possible. I think it is a viable idea and try to work it in.

lildog

stubbsy, on Aug 18 2008, 11:45 PM, said:

Hi lildog,

I wondered if it is possible/or if this contribution can already, choose from a number of addresses for a customer? For example store a shipping address and a billing address when creating a customers account and then have the possibility to choose from either when creating the order?

Thanks

Dave

To get the default adress, just change this code

if(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['Customer'])){
	  $account_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['Customer'] . "'");
	  $account = tep_db_fetch_array($account_query);
	  $customer = $account['customers_id'];
	  $address_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . ", where customers_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['Customer'] . "'");
	  $address = tep_db_fetch_array($address_query);
}elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['Customer_nr'])){
	  $account_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['Customer_nr'] . "'");
	  $address_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['Customer_nr'] . "'");
}

to

if(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['Customer'])){
	  $account_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['Customer'] . "'");
  $customerdefadr = $account['customers_default_address_id'];
	  $address_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where address_book_id = '" . $customerdefadr . "'");
}elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['Customer_nr'])){
	  $account_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['Customer_nr'] . "'");
	  $customerdefadr = $account['customers_default_address_id'];
	  $address_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where address_book_id = '" . $customerdefadr . "'");
}
}

Hi there,

I've been using this for years and it has always annoyed me when customers have more than one address in their address book but you cannot choose the non default address when creating the order.

I then found this contribution http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6323 which allows me to add addresses to customers accounts and also change the default address. Great I thought, now that I can change the default address, that will be the one picked automatically when creating an order manually. But I was wrong, the original or first address is always the one chosen regardless of whether it is the default or not.

Can anyone help with this? How is the address chosen by manual order maker? Is it possible to get it to chose the default address rather than the first address?

I hope that makes sense?

Dave

Edited by stClem

I just reinstalled both order editor and manual order maker and im getting the same error. I also added the Collect Res_Comm info for shipping compatibility. Also updated to 5.07 to 5.09 by updating the database. Is there certain permissions that i should be using on these files?

No special permissions.

Seems the error in code. What your browser says (except IE)?

So I noticed someone asked a few pages back but never seemed to get a reply.

The manual order maker allows you to put through an order even when you don't have the stock to fulfill it. So is there a solution that would atleast show a warning if the stock was insufficient? Or show the item stock in the add to cart screen?

So I noticed someone asked a few pages back but never seemed to get a reply.

The manual order maker allows you to put through an order even when you don't have the stock to fulfill it. So is there a solution that would atleast show a warning if the stock was insufficient? Or show the item stock in the add to cart screen?

The Manual Order Maker is only create an empty order filling general information about your customer. Products are filled in Order Editor. So ask the question in Order Editor support thread.

No special permissions.

Seems the error in code. What your browser says (except IE)?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Where in admin/includes/function/general.php should I place the function "tep_get_address_format_id"

Is it this i shell paste in general in admin zone?

function tep_get_address_format_id($country_id) {
   $address_format_query = tep_db_query("select address_format_id as format_id from " . TABLE_COUNTRIES . " where countries_id = '" . (int)$country_id . "'");
   if (tep_db_num_rows($address_format_query)) {
     $address_format = tep_db_fetch_array($address_format_query);
     return $address_format['format_id'];
   } else {
     return '1';
   }
 }

Edited by xciso

Where in admin/includes/function/general.php should I place the function "tep_get_address_format_id"

Is it this i shell paste in general in admin zone?

function tep_get_address_format_id($country_id) {
   $address_format_query = tep_db_query("select address_format_id as format_id from " . TABLE_COUNTRIES . " where countries_id = '" . (int)$country_id . "'");
   if (tep_db_num_rows($address_format_query)) {
     $address_format = tep_db_fetch_array($address_format_query);
     return $address_format['format_id'];
   } else {
     return '1';
   }
 }

Yes, you should paste this code before the last ?> tag in admin/includes/function/general.php.

Internal Server Error

I can give you only one advice: carefully check all the installation process, all modified code, every SQL you uploaded, every semicolon etc. If everything seems OK, but error still present, try to install on vanilla osCommerce distrib.

This is all I can help at the moment. Several times I got same error with other contrib. But after close look all of them are caused by mistakes in code. Suddenly, but these mistakes generally are very simple. They are so simple and stupid, that when you are looking at the code you can't find them, because all seems OK.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I'm having a few problems with this contribution:

When I create a new order, the manual order editor does not change products to inactive when last copy is bought. It just changes the quantity to zero but if the product is not inactive, it still shows in the catalog.

Also, there is no way to store payment info. If I choose the stock credit card module (just for testing), there is no place to input the credit card information.

Oh and if I choose PayPal as the payment option, is there anyway for the customer to pay for the order through my site and still have the payment "linked" to the order? I would like it to be similar to when a customer does the regular checkout through PayPal. I am using the latest PayPal IPN module, not the stock PayPal Standard module.

Hey, I'm having a few problems with this contribution:

When I create a new order, the manual order editor does not change products to inactive when last copy is bought. It just changes the quantity to zero but if the product is not inactive, it still shows in the catalog.

Also, there is no way to store payment info. If I choose the stock credit card module (just for testing), there is no place to input the credit card information.

Oh and if I choose PayPal as the payment option, is there anyway for the customer to pay for the order through my site and still have the payment "linked" to the order? I would like it to be similar to when a customer does the regular checkout through PayPal. I am using the latest PayPal IPN module, not the stock PayPal Standard module.

Most of your questions are related to Order Editor contribution, not to Manual Order Maker. This contrib only alllows you to create an empty order with basic info about your customer and quickly add order without customer registration. You should ask the questions here.

You may enter credit card info in Order Editor page, by choosing default payment mathod wich you assign as credit card in Order Editor configuration page.

Nothing about PayPal. This is not payment system of my country. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Internal Server Error

If you have root access, you can check the server error log - it will tell you exactly why the error has been caused. If on Linux with Apache it should be in /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log

If you do not have root acess, you may be able to contact your host for information on how to access the log.

• 2 months later...

The issue I am having is I can do a create a new manual order fine. Select a customer everything populate nice but when I click save I just get a blank screen. The system looks like it is trying to load create_order_process.php but nothing happens.

Any ideas on what I must have missed during the code change?

Kane

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have the same problem like the previus post.

When i choose a cuctomer from the list and push the SELECT button it sent me to a blank page.

The link is broken.

Did anyone find where i have to make a change to make it works?

Thank you

I have the same problem. I have Manual Order Maker and Edit Order installed.

create_order.php seems to populate the customer information correctly.

When I click "save" the link redirects to create_order_process.php which returns a blank page.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

I have the same problem like the previus post.

When i choose a cuctomer from the list and push the SELECT button it sent me to a blank page.

The link is broken.

Did anyone find where i have to make a change to make it works?

Thank you

All - after playing around with this (i installed order editor 5.0.9c version & manual order maker) - had 2 errors. One was fixed with the tep_get_address... coding stated above, the other was in admin/includes/functions it is missing the file password_funcs.php which you can get from the catalog/includes/functions folder. Then - everything works after that. Register in - to drop this note, so someone can benefit and not waste as much time as me troubleshooting it.

cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

I just downloaded and installed this contribution. I am getting a blank page when I click on "create order". When I am on the blank create order page I view the source and all I see is the info below.

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="ltr" lang="en">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title>New Order</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

The full coding is not showing. I have reuploaded everything 2 times.

Argghhhh!! Any help would be appreciated.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I found what my problem was. I uploaded form_check.js.php to the wrong directory, Dah!! All is fine now.

MaryMae

Edited by marymae

I just downloaded and installed this contribution. I am getting a blank page when I click on "create order". When I am on the blank create order page I view the source and all I see is the info below.

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="ltr" lang="en">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title>New Order</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

The full coding is not showing. I have reuploaded everything 2 times.

Argghhhh!! Any help would be appreciated.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I found what my problem was. I uploaded form_check.js.php to the wrong directory, Dah!! All is fine now.

MaryMae

However, I would like to know how to lengthen the input fields? I need then longer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I have a problem where I can create a new order, add an existing customer and click the save button but then The order editor page contains no details, all the fields are blank.

I look at the orders section of admin and the order is there but it is again blank.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards Andy

Merry Christmas

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am brand new to this contribution when I click Create Order

I see two Buttons - called Button_Submit

Even before I have done anything if Get this error below

Check Customer Details

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home....public_html/catalog/admin/includes/modules/create_order_details.php on line 1

Even if I select a customer still the same error

Any ideas?

Hi

I have just installed OM 1.5.5 using the autoinstaller and so far all look great.

1.) This maybe a silly question - can I create a new customer using this build or can I only use existing customers inthe list?

2.) If I want to take advantage of the latest Build would this be a fresh install with all the edits again

or is it a case of only copying the files over the existing install.

The only feature I am really looking for is Create a New Customer.

Would be great if another autoinstaller for RC2a could be created for the latest build of OM saves idiots like me potentially screwing things up