• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Manual Order Maker

lildog

This contrib does not create an account for a customer you added, it just creates an order for that person. To create a customer account I am sure there is another contrib for that. I may add it in the future though if there is enough requests for it. I will have to look into number 2 as I don't use gender, I really don't care the gender. If you come up with a solution please post it here and it will get added in for everyone else.

Hey,

I have two issues:

1) Customers that have been added manually cannot be found when searching for customers' names in the Admin => Customers section

Edited by lildog

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just uploaded a new improved version:

+ added some comments to code

+ fixed the drop down menu in admin/create_order.php so it shows customers names

+ cleaned up code in catalog/admin/includes/modules/create_order_details.php

+ the country drop down now selects the customers country if there is one.

+ deleted unused code in catalog/admin/includes/modules/create_order_details.php

+ currency drop down selects the stores default currency

+ if there is no country the country drop down uses the stores default country

lildog

I just uploaded a new improved version:

+ added some comments to code

+ fixed the drop down menu in admin/create_order.php so it shows customers names

+ cleaned up code in catalog/admin/includes/modules/create_order_details.php

+ the country drop down now selects the customers country if there is one.

+ deleted unused code in catalog/admin/includes/modules/create_order_details.php

+ currency drop down selects the stores default currency

+ if there is no country the country drop down uses the stores default country

lildog

Hello,

I've installed this contrib and it works great so far. At the moment, I haven't installed the latest update.

I'm planning on taking phone orders soon.

I'm wondering if you could add some code that would have the salesperson to enter a name or code when taking an order that would allow me to determine which salesperson entered an order. I need this in case if there is a problem with an order and I know who to ask about it. And for salesperson tracking purposes such as commission and other activities. And of course generate a report.

If possible, later I would like to link this to a multi level contrib. Basically, I would like to create a new user with limited admin access and create a code for that person if he/she takes an order over the phone.

Thanks. Hope I was clear enough with my request.

Plenty clear. Pretty good idea. There is already a contrib that limits admins, I don't remember what it is though. I could write some code to be compatible with that, say if the contrib is installed 'secretly' put the admins id on the order in the database, if that contrib is not installed make a field to enter a code or name to go into the DB.

lildog

Plenty clear. Pretty good idea. There is already a contrib that limits admins, I don't remember what it is though. I could write some code to be compatible with that, say if the contrib is installed 'secretly' put the admins id on the order in the database, if that contrib is not installed make a field to enter a code or name to go into the DB.

lildog

Thanks for the reply. I was figuring maybe placing a field at the top of create_order.php, for example, "admin id". Also, the admin should nt be able to proceed until a correct ID Then after that, link that to the monthly sales report contribution so sales data can be exported in excel. I have some ideas but I'm quite a novice at PHP. I know how to install contribs and solve errors.

Maybe add a field to the SQL query in an update version or the database table name admin_id. I hope this can be accomplished in th near future.

Thanks again.

Thanks lildog,

super usefull Contrib!

I'm not programmer.

It's possible to make addon like ADD new Customer for this Contrib???

Regards

luckyduke

Admin Create Account 1.0 add on exists

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed this contrib, which I am sure works great. However when clicking on the Create button I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in /home/sites/site4530/web/admin/create_order.php on line 5

Anyone knows what goes wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

that's a pretty good question. I really only use this for 'friends' of ours who give us cash. For paypal, you could send a paypal request for money....for credit card I guess manual processing of some sort. Never thought about it. If anyone has any ideas as to how this could be automated a little better, let me know and I will TRY to add it in.

lildog

that's a pretty good question. I really only use this for 'friends' of ours who give us cash. For paypal, you could send a paypal request for money....for credit card I guess manual processing of some sort. Never thought about it. If anyone has any ideas as to how this could be automated a little better, let me know and I will TRY to add it in.

lildog

I use it to put orders in the shop for friends, family, party plan, postal orders, market sales, etc where the sale and payment has already been made. If someone wants to use paypal, they place an order in the shop.

• 2 weeks later...

Good contrib! Just if it could work... every change I make in new order page it takes me to login page and doesn't save changes.. it's frustrating.. could it be fixed?

I've seen the form target and it takes the session id correctly, just on click it loses it somewhere and starts another session..

it does not now but is very possible. I think it is a viable idea and try to work it in.

lildog

Hi lildog,

I just saw this contribution uploaded and thought it might be a starter for 10 for the above. I've just installed it on customers.php and it does enable you to select any address in the customers address book, i'll take a look this evening and see if it can be easilyy added into this

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6323

All the best

Dave

So does this contribution not link into the existing payment methods, then? If I have a cc processor set up, when I'm creating an order with this contrib will I get the option for it to link to the cc processor to do the payment? Or would I have to go separately and manually process the card?

So does this contribution not link into the existing payment methods, then? If I have a cc processor set up, when I'm creating an order with this contrib will I get the option for it to link to the cc processor to do the payment? Or would I have to go separately and manually process the card?

You'll have to separately process the card.

I have installed this contrib, which I am sure works great. However when clicking on the Create button I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in /home/sites/site4530/web/admin/create_order.php on line 5

Anyone knows what goes wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

as soon as i click create button i get this message

how to fix this

tnx

Guys pls, its not just me that has problem :)

We need your help, if possible

Thanks in advance!

G

I guess i missed that post,.. sorry

<?php/* $Id: create_order.php,v 1 2003/08/17 23:21:34 frankl Exp $ osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions http://www.oscommerce.com Copyright © 2002 osCommerce Released under the GNU General Public License*/

//http://localhost:8888/catalog/admin/create_order.php?Customer=2

require('includes/application_top.php'); // #### Get Available Customers $query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_lastname from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " ORDER BY customers_lastname"); $result = $query;

if (tep_db_num_rows($result) > 0){ // Query Successful $SelectCustomerBox = "<select name='Customer'><option value=''>" . TEXT_SELECT_CUST . "</option>\n";

while($db_Row = tep_db_fetch_array($result)){

$SelectCustomerBox .= "<option value='" . $db_Row['customers_id'] . "'";

if(isSet($HTTP_GET_VARS['Customer']) and $db_Row['customers_id']==$HTTP_GET_VARS['Customer']){

$SelectCustomerBox .= " SELECTED "; $SelectCustomerBox .= ">" . $db_Row['customers_lastname'] . " , " . $db_Row['customers_firstname'] . "</option>\n"; }else{

$SelectCustomerBox .= ">" . $db_Row['customers_lastname'] . " , " . $db_Row['customers_firstname'] . "</option>\n";

} }

$SelectCustomerBox .= "</select>\n";

this is the beginning of the file,... its little strange formatting i am not sure why, all other files on server show fine formatting.

I hope this can help

I guess i missed that post,.. sorry

this is the beginning of the file,... its little strange formatting i am not sure why, all other files on server show fine formatting.

I hope this can help

It looks screwey, upload a fresh copy of the file.

Have you been using the osc file manager to corrupt your files?