• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add DROPDOWN BOX for STATES --- I know What you want :)

Dallas1906

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me out.

I've updated the script in account_details.php. But there is still no drop down list on the state field in create_account.php :cry:

Any help will be great! :lol:

The create_account.php is located here: https://www.boldindustries.com/ladders/cata...ate_account.php

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Yes, I don't know if I'm posting in the right topic here about this or maybe I'm even a tad bit late on the subject title.. LOL But here goes...

When you go to create an account or even when you go to add an additional address to your address book.. There is no drop down menu to pick a state from. But after you have filled in all fields and then hit the submit button.. It takes you back to the page and tells you in red that you forgot to choose the state from the drop down menu.. And then behold, there is actually a drop down menu to choose a state from.

Now, my question is this.. Is this the way it was intended to be? Like say maybe for security reasons.. *smart ass look* lol Or is this a mistake or glitch?

Personally, I find this could make the average customer a little leary or even make them decide not to create an account once this would happen to them.. Spooking unsuspecting customers is not a good idea.. All I know when it happened to me, is the red flags went up, and I was like Uttoohhh.. What's going on here now? lol

Well anyway, any help would appreciated here.. Before I continue to rattle on.. hehehe

Thanks again..

Christine

When you go to create an account or even when you go to add an additional address to your address book.. There is no drop down menu to pick a state from. But after you have filled in all fields and then hit the submit button.. It takes you back to the page and tells you in red that you forgot to choose the state from the drop down menu.. And then behold, there is actually a drop down menu to choose a state from.  

Now, my question is this.. Is this the way it was intended to be? Like say maybe for security reasons.. *smart ass look* lol  Or is this a mistake or glitch?  

Personally, I find this could make the average customer a little leary or even make them decide not to create an account once this would happen to them.. Spooking unsuspecting customers is not a good idea.. All I know when it happened to me, is the red flags went up, and I was like Uttoohhh.. What's going on here now? lol

Same issues here...did manage to straighten them out a bit here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54649

I am thinking it is an error in the code of MS2 as I can't believe anyone would want it to behave that way. :shock:

• 1 month later...

Yeah, how can we fix this error (the are no drop down box of STATES) and the are no any "catalog/includes/modules/account_details.php" file in ms2, as richlewt already said !

So, What should we do to fix it?

Lot's of people really need this mod!!!!!!!

Help us please!

• 1 month later...

OK, I have found a way to get the state dropdown list to work for both new account signups AND editing/adding an address to a users phone book. Read This post and go to the code listed in the first couple of posts. Edit your file accordingly and you will get a dropdown when creating accounts. To get a dropdown when editing you need to do the same change to the /catalog/includes/modules/address_book_details.php file.

It all works for me so I hope it works for you.

P.S. Sorry about the double post. My system timed out and gave a partial!

Edited by DS_Sultan