• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quote Cart?

Is there a shopping cart already made for oscommerce which acts as a quote cart. This should allow users to place products in the cart and then they send the information to the owner of the online store who examines the items they chose and calculates the shipping rate to his or her location and sends the quote (item costs + shipping costs) to the consumer. The consumer either accepts or declines, if they accept they are charged the appropriate amount of money, paid by methods allowed for that shop, if they decline, they are not charged any money, nothing happens.

Is there such thing?

Try searching the contributions for quotes

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Try searching the contributions for quotes

I had a look, found some things but none seemed to be relating to what i wanted at all, a lot being totally unrelated. Maybe i wasn't looking hard enough...

Perhaps if there isn't one, one should be created for the oscommerce community

If thats what you want your not going to get it with that approach!! Contribs are produced voluntarily, not under duress.

:blink:

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

If thats what you want your not going to get it with that approach!! Contribs are produced voluntarily, not under duress.

:blink:

I was only saying, i didn't say IT MUST HAPPEN! If one isn't created that's fine, if one is that's fine to. I just believe it will benefit a lot more people then just me, because I believe that there are more people in the world other then me that need a quote cart. If i knew how to code a contribution I would create it for everyone to share.

Its nice to be nice and share :D

I guess it could be simple:

1. Customer adds items he/she wishes to buy

2. Customer clicks "Send to <StoreName>" for quote

3. OsCommerce sends email to <StoreName>

4. <StoreName> sends email to Customer outlining total price (including freight)

5. Customer sends email back accepting or not accepting the quote

Parts 3 to 5 may be able to take place on the website i guess as long as the customer is notified via email of the quote being created.

Probably would need a part which allows you to say it is no longer available or can be back ordered. (This can be good for Drop Shippers who would like to display all of their products but are unable to connect to any of their wholesalers databases [like me] and have different postage rates for each wholesaler, with no list or calculations available to create a postage price for the customer. Mostly used so u can still show all of the thousands of items available, but ask if people want to back order or not order an item which is currently unavailable, with the excuse to calculate postage manually, because you don't know postage rate.)

Sorry for my bad English skills. I just need someone to either send me in the right direction with some website help for PHP & MYSQL coding which I wish I knew how to do but I don't or just any hints or tips. I have looked at the Contributions though without any luck.

Edited by TravisKnight

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old post here, but figured I'd add this just for any of those like myself who stumbled here while looking into this same idea.

I did write a quotation module that isn't exactly what the OP asked for but it's a quote contribution at least. I have been planning on implementing the multiple items/cart contents into it for future releases, but for the present moment, it only can handle doing quotes for one product at a time.

Basically, it provides a mailto: link wherever a product's price would normally be. It also disables all checkout ability if you have it set that all your products are for quotes only. There's more to it than just that like when the customer's email program start a new compose message, that message is pre-populated with product info, link back to the product page and other things. This email is going to yourself of course so all the extra info in there is to make things easier for you to perform the quote.

There's other features as well and it's controlled in the admin. See description on the contrib page:

OSCv2.2rca: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8435

OSCv2.3.1: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8522

hope this might help somebody :)

-Art