• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

feedback appreciated on headbands store

bluecoral

I love that header of yours! Why isn't it on every page? Take advantage of it, make sure it shows on every page of your store. Yeah, the models should all be wearing headbands, without exception.

I love your buttons, original and perfect with your store, if you made them, kudos! You've got ssl in the right places, I only looked quickly, but I liked what I saw.

I wanted to have some pages without Flash in case a user doesn't have it. But I think you are right I should take advantage and use it in every page. On the other hand, I am having a hard time finding models, so for now I am using stock images.

I did some of the buttons to give the feeling of "handmade" and uniqueness to the user.

Thanks for your feedback!

D.

with flash, you can do some java to make it show a Jpg if the browser does not support flash.. Google groups has a good forum on how to do that.. this way you get the best of both worlds.

pon another note, i DO have flash on my browser and your header will not work for me

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I noticed that this header is not working with some versions of IE. Maybe the problem is the version of which Flash was exported. I know with Javascript you can redirect the user to a different page if Flash is not installed. But I couldn't find a script where it display a JPEG instead.

Nice!

Who knew there were so many headbands!

I love the design, nice and clean...

if anything, I think the two things that I would change would be the

" Home | New Products | Specials | Advanced Search | Contact Me"

Bar, i would spread it out so it is spaced out along the whole width, rather than bunched in the middle -

but that is only a very minor criticism and personal preference I guess :)

Also in the Shipping & Returns Section you have written this:

"I want everybody to enjoy of beautiful accessories for super affordable prices.

Custom orders are welcome, wholesalers are welcome too.

Just convo me for more details."

Maybe its a case of lost in translation but what does "convo me" mean?

Maybe it would be worth changing it to something even slightly more formal so,

1) people from other countries (like me :) ) can follow,

and 2) makes you look even more professional :)

But again, only tiny! Maybe turn it into a link too, like "contact me here" with a link to your contact page?

Just a thought :blush:

Overall in the Olympic Spirit, I would give it:

9.125 for execution

8.500 for userability

9.000 overall

I would also be interested in your feedback on my store if you have the time?

The thread is here.

Best of luck with it all! :D

Cheers, kristy

Nice layout....

Maybe try adding a multiple image feature. That way you'll give customer an option to see the product image from different angles? and make the product page a bit richer?

e.g. check what I did for these guys: http://www.twominibirdscreations.com/produ...products_id=508

- George -

www.triplexdecals.com

be easy on me -lol

Mike,

Your store looks good. I think there are some minor things that you can improve. Some CSS contain the same color on the text and the background like "Copyright © 2008" or "Powered by". I read that search engines doesn't like that. Also some of the banners are outside the structure. Did you do that in purpose?

If you have problems with the structure of the website, you can try installing an template (like STS Template). That would solve all your page structures and that makes your website really easy to maintain.

I hope this helps!

D.

Mike,

Your store looks good. I think there are some minor things that you can improve. Some CSS contain the same color on the text and the background like "Copyright © 2008" or "Powered by". I read that search engines doesn't like that. Also some of the banners are outside the structure. Did you do that in purpose?

If you have problems with the structure of the website, you can try installing an template (like STS Template). That would solve all your page structures and that makes your website really easy to maintain.

I hope this helps!

D.

i noticed that on the "Copyright © 2008"

im just limited on what i can do because of my limited knowledge.

if i knew what i was doing it would look totally different but i just try to make it acceptable untill my design skills improve ;)

Mike, an easy way to check your website in general is by downloading the "Web Developer" Add-On from Mozilla Firefox. Using this add-on you can point and check your CSS, images, and tons of other useful information.

D.

Mike, an easy way to check your website in general is by downloading the "Web Developer" Add-On from Mozilla Firefox. Using this add-on you can point and check your CSS, images, and tons of other useful information.

D.

Im gonna check that out now,thanks

i have it installed and am looking at it but i have no idea what to do with this info?

Mike,

You can check your CSS by going to the CSS Menu > View Style Information. Then point and click to your "Copyright © 2008" and it will tell you what part of your stylesheet.css you can modify to change that specific font color.

If you have trouble with your CSS you can always find info here: http://www.w3schools.com/

I hope this helps.

D.

Mike,

You can check your CSS by going to the CSS Menu > View Style Information. Then point and click to your "Copyright © 2008" and it will tell you what part of your stylesheet.css you can modify to change that specific font color.

If you have trouble with your CSS you can always find info here: http://www.w3schools.com/

I hope this helps.

D.

oh i see.

I tried it and yes this will make things easier to figure out.

thank you!

wowowowowowy! REALLY GREAT JOB!! I love your site. Ummm, I haven't created an account yet but I like the look and feel. ALOT! BTW, how did you add the favicon? I really need to add mine.

Back to your store. Umm, the contact us page needs to be filled out. This may seem trivial, but you may want to use your [email protected] account for the store. Thats just me, I have a gazillion and one emails to match the company im using. Maybe some specials? Iunno.

SPACE FOR RENT!

Some CSS contain the same color on the text and the background like "Copyright © 2008" or "Powered by". I read that search engines doesn't like that. Also some of the banners are outside the structure. Did you do that in purpose?

I hope this helps!

D.

i wanted to make my site wider and the only way i can figure out how to do it is by making my banner wider?

i know this isnt the correct way but i know no other way of doing it.

also when i use the webtools to check my CSS it wont let me click on the text that is not showing and the other text it only shows font and font size...no color?

• 3 weeks later...
wowowowowowy! REALLY GREAT JOB!! I love your site. Ummm, I haven't created an account yet but I like the look and feel. ALOT! BTW, how did you add the favicon? I really need to add mine.

Back to your store. Umm, the contact us page needs to be filled out. This may seem trivial, but you may want to use your [email protected] account for the store. Thats just me, I have a gazillion and one emails to match the company im using. Maybe some specials? Iunno.

Hey Krystnya, sorry for the delay replying... I did the favicon with Flash and exported it as a .GIF extension (If you need details instructions let me know or I can email you some samples I created).

I added some specials recently. What information would you like to see in the Contact Us page?

I am currently working in getting more pics for each product.

i wanted to make my site wider and the only way i can figure out how to do it is by making my banner wider?

i know this isnt the correct way but i know no other way of doing it.

also when i use the webtools to check my CSS it wont let me click on the text that is not showing and the other text it only shows font and font size...no color?

Mike,

You can change your CSS by adding a color to a specific text. To add a color to that text find this block of code in your stylesheet.css

td.smallText, span.smallText, p.smallText

{

font-family: Verdana,Arial,sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

}

Change it to (#000000 or any color you would like)

td.smallText, span.smallText, p.smallText

{

font-family: Verdana,Arial,sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

color: #000000;

}

I hope this helps!

Archived