• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with Authorize.net accepting payments-Error 13

markw10

I am having problems with the Authorize.net module on my website. When I try to place an order I get a red notice at the top of my website saying:

There was an error processing your credit card - ():

Looking at the error log I get an error 13. I have talked with Authorize.net extensively but they have stated that it appears there is nothing on their end. As possible problems they mentioned an incorrect LoginAPI and Transaction Key but I have verified both are correct. I have even reset my Transaction key multiple times. They also mentioned it could be from an inactive account but have verified that my account is active.

Another possible solution is a problem with the Curl but we have verified with our webhosting service that the Curl is compiled and that the path is /usr/bin/curl. We also have confirmed that our SSL is working.

One remaining possibility is that our module is posting to the wrong server. We have our Authorize.net accountset up in production mode and our module is also in production mode.

We have been told the test server would be: test.authorize.net/gat...ansact.dll or certification.authoriz...ansact.dll

We have been told that live transactions need to be posted to:

secure.authorize.net/g...ansact.dll

It appears the only two remaining possibilities is for some reason our module is posting to the wrong server or the other possibility that was mentioned is that our data is either being sent in the incorrect format or is sending data or fields that are not required.

Is there anything that could be causing this in our website setup or the Authorize.net module? Are there any possibly settings we could have wrong on our Authorize.net account? Or is there some other issue that could be causing this?

Unfortunately after having my website credit card processing down for almost 3 weeks it is hurting my business a lot. Is there a way I can tell if the data being sent is correct?

• 1 month later...
I am having problems with the Authorize.net module on my website. When I try to place an order I get a red notice at the top of my website saying:

There was an error processing your credit card - ():

Looking at the error log I get an error 13. I have talked with Authorize.net extensively but they have stated that it appears there is nothing on their end. As possible problems they mentioned an incorrect LoginAPI and Transaction Key but I have verified both are correct. I have even reset my Transaction key multiple times. They also mentioned it could be from an inactive account but have verified that my account is active.

Another possible solution is a problem with the Curl but we have verified with our webhosting service that the Curl is compiled and that the path is /usr/bin/curl. We also have confirmed that our SSL is working.

One remaining possibility is that our module is posting to the wrong server. We have our Authorize.net accountset up in production mode and our module is also in production mode.

We have been told the test server would be: test.authorize.net/gat...ansact.dll or certification.authoriz...ansact.dll

We have been told that live transactions need to be posted to:

secure.authorize.net/g...ansact.dll

It appears the only two remaining possibilities is for some reason our module is posting to the wrong server or the other possibility that was mentioned is that our data is either being sent in the incorrect format or is sending data or fields that are not required.

Is there anything that could be causing this in our website setup or the Authorize.net module? Are there any possibly settings we could have wrong on our Authorize.net account? Or is there some other issue that could be causing this?

Unfortunately after having my website credit card processing down for almost 3 weeks it is hurting my business a lot. Is there a way I can tell if the data being sent is correct?

Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion or knows how to resolve this? Maybe the original poster has. If anyone can help as I also have been getting this it would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am getting the same error at the transact.dll page as well:

"The following errors have occurred.

(13) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive."

On the Authorize.net account, the Password-Required Mode is turned on. It says on Authorize that this mode requires the transaction key to process orders rather than not just with the log-in ID. Could this be causing the error?

Thanks!

Hello,

Wondering, is your Athorize.net account in password require mode?

Best,

RookuhShay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I found a fix for this at this post in the forum. It's for the AIM module, but it works for the SIM module as well. Be sure to backup the file just in case. You'll be editing "[store directory name]/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_cc_sim.php". On line 41, change the url so it matches with the one on line 37. The explanation for why is in the post I linked to.

Hope it works for you!

• 8 months later...

I'm running into the same "Error 13" problem with my authorize.net module as well on my page, www.hollywoodbreastforms.com (it's a lingerie site, so be careful if you're looking at it at work or something).

Here's the weird thing though: I receive the error when I click "confirm & pay". But then I hit back on my browser, click "confirm & pay" again, and it goes to the proper transact.dll page where I input CC info! Why would it not work one time, but work the second time?

Also, if I get to the checkout_confirmation.php page the first time and hit refresh in my browser, it will go to the proper transact.dll page without showing the Error 13.

I've used the fix posted above and both lines 37 and 41 point to 'https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll'. I talked to support at authorize.net and they told me to use the data validation URL (http://developer.authorize.net/tools/datavalidation/) to see what info was coming through. I did this and the first "confirm & pay" showed nothing, hit back in the browser and "confirm" again, and I received all the validation info correctly.

Anyone know why my site won't connect to the authorize.net SIM secure checkout page upon first try, but does upon second try?

Cheers,

Alex

Here's the weird thing though: I receive the error when I click "confirm & pay". But then I hit back on my browser, click "confirm & pay" again, and it goes to the proper transact.dll page where I input CC info! Why would it not work one time, but work the second time?

Also, if I get to the checkout_confirmation.php page the first time and hit refresh in my browser, it will go to the proper transact.dll page without showing the Error 13.

... I talked to support at authorize.net and they told me to use the data validation URL (http://developer.authorize.net/tools/datavalidation/) to see what info was coming through. I did this and the first "confirm & pay" showed nothing, hit back in the browser and "confirm" again, and I received all the validation info correctly.

Anyone know why my site won't connect to the authorize.net SIM secure checkout page upon first try, but does upon second try?

Looking at the source code of a first-time attempt and a second-time attempt (remember, it always works the second time but not the first) has revealed that the correct checkout_confirmation form is created both times, and the form_action_url is also correct both times. Clicking "Confirm & Pay" always takes me to the proper form_action_url, but a first attempt creates a form and (inexplicably) does not send it to authorize.net. A second attempt goes to the proper form_action_url, creates a form, and does send it to authorize.net. Every time.

I'm stumped. :blink:

Cheers,

Alex