• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What module to use?

Snarg

I apologize for taking your time with what seem like a simple question, but I really don't want to screw this up :)

I have a fairly fresh install of osCommerce 2.2 RC2 and would like to use my PayPal account to receive payments with either PayPal or regular credit cards. I see in my admin control panel I have the following options:

PayPal Website Payments Pro (US) Direct Payments

PayPal Express Checkout

PayPal Website Payments Standard

PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Direct Payments

PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Express Checkout

For now, I will only be accepting orders from the US, so that removes the two UK versions from my list however, that leaves three other choices. I have a PayPal Premier account. What module should I use? Is there a contrib available that would be a better choice then the built in modules? I found this contrib but I am not certain what it is it does.

Thank you for any help provided.

I apologize for taking your time with what seem like a simple question, but I really don't want to screw this up :)

I have a fairly fresh install of osCommerce 2.2 RC2 and would like to use my PayPal account to receive payments with either PayPal or regular credit cards. I see in my admin control panel I have the following options:

PayPal Express Checkout

PayPal Website Payments Standard

PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Direct Payments

PayPal Website Payments Pro (UK) Express Checkout

For now, I will only be accepting orders from the US, so that removes the two UK versions from my list however, that leaves three other choices. I have a PayPal Premier account. What module should I use? Is there a contrib available that would be a better choice then the built in modules? I found this contrib but I am not certain what it is it does.

Thank you for any help provided.

What Country is your business based in?

If you want to accept credit cards directly on your website then you need Website Payments Pro which is a combination of the following two modules: -

PayPal Express Checkout

If you already have credit card processing through another gateway then i would suggest PayPal Express Checkout module to capture the PayPal Account holders that may browse on your site.

If you just want Website Payments standard where all transactions, be it with credit cards or PayPal account holders, are completed on the PayPal.com site then choose PayPal Website Payments Standard module.

John.

Edited by PayPal_JohnF

If you want to accept credit cards directly on your website then you need Website Payments Pro which is a combination of the following two modules: -

PayPal Express Checkout

If you already have credit card processing through another gateway then i would suggest PayPal Express Checkout module to capture the PayPal Account holders that may browse on your site.

If you just want Website Payments standard where all transactions, be it with credit cards or PayPal account holders, are completed on the PayPal.com site then choose PayPal Website Payments Standard module.

John.

Thank you for the information, your time and patience. It seems the PayPal Website Payments Standard module may be the way to go for me.

Hi Scott,

This post may be of interest to you...it describes the differences between Website Payments Standard and Express Checkout in terms of checkout steps and flows.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=299201

Thanks,

John.

Thank you. Now I'm just trying to find a setup guide for PayPal Website Payments Standard.

How to set this:

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Please help.. Thanks

Not needed unless YOu want to accept encrypted payments only.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Yes if You do have SSL that itself encrypts.

But then too the end user can change the form and post to hack.rarely happens.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.