• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin gets returned to the login screen

IcedDante

I tested an OSCommerce installation on my local machine that contains QTPro along with a few other contributions. It worked fine.

However, once I had the site uploaded to our central server I observed a problem on this machine that I am not having on my local test box.

I click on the "Stock" button and add a quantity for a particular attribute configuration (say, 20 units of Large and Red skirts). When I submit this, instead of seeing the change, I am taken back to the Administration login screen. Logging in again takes me back to the Stock page and the 20 units of Red, Large skirts are there submitted.

Does anyone have an idea of what is causing this inconsistency? One other thing I noticed is that on my local machine, when I am on the stock page the Catalog menu category is selected on the left-hand side menu, but on the server box the Configuration category is erroneously selected.

Weird, man.

<_<

To put it another way- what conditions might require this re-login to occur? I'm not sure where to begin looking. Does something in application_top.php or one of the other admin files perform a user validation step that might be failing?

I tested an OSCommerce installation on my local machine that contains QTPro along with a few other contributions. It worked fine.

However, once I had the site uploaded to our central server I observed a problem on this machine that I am not having on my local test box.

I click on the "Stock" button and add a quantity for a particular attribute configuration (say, 20 units of Large and Red skirts). When I submit this, instead of seeing the change, I am taken back to the Administration login screen. Logging in again takes me back to the Stock page and the 20 units of Red, Large skirts are there submitted.

• 1 year later...

Hi

did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same problem and can't seem to find an answer. Why on using the add button from the stock.php page do I get re-directed to login.php? Why does it not recognise that my login session is current?

To put it another way- what conditions might require this re-login to occur? I'm not sure where to begin looking. Does something in application_top.php or one of the other admin files perform a user validation step that might be failing?