• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cool Flash Carousel Menu

Hi Sam, Thats why I already did, and it now just shows a white box (with resize on and off) tried every version of this now to no avail!

Have you checked you have the thumb images + zml file within your 'images' folder?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you checked you have the thumb images + zml file within your 'images' folder?

Hi yes the files are being wrote as "45345345345345434534.JPGkampanya.jpg" and as 87x80 images

and the xml file is there too and it is formatted perfectly.

Edited by chrish123

Hello, I would like to put the description under the pictures in WHITE, (I put my bg to black...)

but how do that please?

I downloaded also the last contrib "3D HEADER CAROUSEL".

I would like do the same display method : in cliking on the item, the picture is zoomed !

Anyway, very very nice work!

greets

Nothing do do please? :rolleyes:

Hi,

Firstly the controbution is great, many thanks for that!

Secondly, does anyone know if it can the contribution can be adapted so that it reads primary categories rather than products? and therefore link to secondary products screen when clicked on?

Thanks

Richard

Has anyone had any luck integrating this contrib with Simple Template System 4.5.8? I am having some trouble with step number two of the install directions:

2. Open catalog/index.php and find below line :

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>

Replace with below line:

<td class="main" align="center"><?php include("kampanya.php"); ?></td>

Making this change has no effect on the store.

Thank you for any help provided.

I have no wish to debug that to see where your error may be, try using v1.2 that uses a different size routine.

Hello Sam, why don't you want to help me? I put all the code and made all you asked me.

Look, only a question:

Forgetting images sizes and shadow and other minor problems, the most important think for me was embed this cool flash into a nested category and let it show only the products that belong to this category and subcategories of this one.

I would be very pleased if you could help me with the next problem:

I have done this to reach the target:

$specials_query_raw = "select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '" . (int)$new_products_category_id . "' and p.products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . $limit_product_number;

An it works! But the name in the product is empty because if I write this:

$specials_query_raw = "select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_tax_class_id, products_price from...

An error appears:

1054 - Unknown column 'pd.products_name' in 'field list'

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_tax_class_id, products_price from products p left join products_description s on p.products_id = s.products_id, products_to_categories p2c, categories c where p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and c.parent_id = '22' and p.products_status = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit 12

[TEP STOP]

I really can't find kampanya.php. Can you tell me where can i donlowd it from? Or i have to create a new php file and name it kampanya .php. Thanks

From here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6123

There are some versions, I have realized that each one is different and it's not like other contributions which the most of them are improved and usually you can ignore previous versions, you go directly to the last, here each version has its own features (only a few lines of code changed from the others but enough to give a different behaviour) and each one has errors, it would be a good idea that somebody rejoined all the versions and create and upload a final version wich worked fine and notice to the people to ignore below downloads because each of the existing versions has bugs.

I have made tests hours and hours and changed a lot of code, have developed a lot of experiments relative to images sizes, use taxes, type of categories showed and so on, and I can report a lot of errors. Only php (I have not any knowledges of Flash)

But this contrib is very beauty.

I have developed and changed much and for example I choosed 7 images as limit (more images overcharge the box), etc.

The version your using is bugged, so use the one I said, whats your problem with that???

in query change pd to s & it'l work

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Great, Sam, you're very nice with me and I am sorry to cause so many inconveniences to you, it now works well, the name of the product appears!

You have helped me a lot and I don't ask you any more, only I report another problem: only some products are processed, I investigated and realized that if product names have commas ( " ) or any special character, the flash object (or the XML routine, I don't know) doesn't want to include that product.

I think it can be fixed:

a) Replacing special characters with their HTML codes (eg.- " instead of ") using 'ereg' php procedure.

B) Calling ASCII number of this character using 'chr' and 'ereg' php procedures.

c) Just so easy as to remove special characters from the products_name field.

I will try with the version you tell me, but especially I report it for people who enter in this post and had the same problem and didn't know why.

Best regards.

Anybody dont know how to display product's description in white color please? (my background is black.... :( )

I said before, you have to edit the 'fla' file with 'flash'.

Je l'ai déjà dit, vous devez éditer le fichier 'fla' avec 'flash'.

Sam

Contributions:

Hi Cool looking mod, But I am trying this out and got these errors too, I fixed this by replacing the line in index.php to
<td class="main" align="center"><?php include(DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'kampanya.php'); ?></td>

Although now I only get an empty flash box, just white but I have specials listed... the xml file is being wrote so I dont know whats wrong here... I also had an old runactivecontent.js so i placed the new one in the includes directory and changed the appropriate lines in the kampanya.php file.

Using iis6, php5 and sql 5

WHERE CAN I FIND THE ac_runactivecontent.js FILE? I DO NOT HAVE ONE. THANKS.

WHERE CAN I FIND THE ac_runactivecontent.js FILE? I DO NOT HAVE ONE. THANKS.

Maria, estan en la contribucion: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6123

Pero ya depende de la version que te hayas bajado, por ejemplo, si pinchas en la v1.3 (ronrico), ahi lo tienes, si te bajas al de abajo, la v1.1, tambien lo tienes, buscas dentro de las carpetas de los archivos ZIP y lo encuentras facilmente, no se si es esto lo que querias saber, un saludo.

For free : look this one : http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6173 and follow ...

:P

Pardon?..... This is flash, thats javascript, no comparison.

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Javascripts fine if thars the way you wish to go, & yes certainly don't have the cost issues of flash, but, & its a big BUT, at least 10% of my visitors are likely to have it disabled, so if I use javascript for any major element I must add provision for all those scriptless visitors, thats lots of extra hastle.

There are also lots of flash solutions that don't cost, just stear clear of the big A.

Oh, and I forgot, what about all those cross browser issues?

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

I downloaded the newest jQuery & Interface 3D Specials Carousel contribution, but not quite understand the instructions "Just unzip in your catalog directory, edit index.php

before </head> insert : <?php require('carousel/carousel_header.php') ; ?>

and in the body <?php require('carousel/carousel.php') ; ?>" Could someone please post the code so l can see what it looks like when everything is inserted. Thank you.

and in the body <?php require('carousel/carousel.php') ; ?>" Could someone please post the code so l can see what it looks like when everything is inserted. Thank you.

For exemple after or before echo(TEXT_MAIN); you simply add this line require('carousel/carousel.php') ;

@spooks same case for some clients doesn't have flash installed on their PC

Edited by delete13

For exemple after or before echo(TEXT_MAIN); you simply add this line require('carousel/carousel.php') ;

@spooks same case for some clients doesn't have flash installed on their PC

Rare, but even if so they're automatically given the install option, & its quick. Still if you can afford to ignore 10% of your visitors then thats fine.

Sam

Contributions: