• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cool Flash Carousel Menu

Ok it's gotta be some sort of wrong path of some sort in the kampanya.php file. My server is now producing a XML file but it's in the main www folder and it looks like this:

http://www.tsurishopjapan.com/dir_fs_catal...geskampanya.xml

How do we get this to write it in the images folder correctly? Yes the images folder is set to 777.

FK

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To list new products:

Find:

$specials_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC LIMIT $limit_product_number";
$specials_query = tep_db_query($specials_query_raw);
while ($specials = tep_db_fetch_array($specials_query)) {
if ((!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sID']) || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sID']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['sID'] == $specials['specials_id']))) && !isset($sInfo)) {
$products_query = tep_db_query("select products_image from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$specials['products_id'] . "'");
$products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);
}

Replace with:

$date = strtotime("-60 days"); // set max age of displayed product
$date = strftime("%Y-%m-%d",$date); 
$specials_query_raw = "select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_date_added > '".$date."' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . $limit_product_number;

Find:

$xmlfile .= "\t\t" . '<product filename="'.$new_image.'" productname="'.$specials['products_name'].'" productprice="'.$kampanya->display_price($specials['specials_new_products_price'],'').'" url="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $specials['products_id']). '" />'."\n";

Replace with:

$xmlfile .= "\t\t" . '<product filename="'.$new_image.'" productname="'.$specials['products_name'].'" productprice="'.($specials['products_price'] > 0 ? $kampanya->display_price($specials['products_price'],'') : 'P.O.A').'" url="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $specials['products_id']). '" />'."\n";

I`ve not tested, but that should work fine.

B)

Edited by spooks

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

GOT IT!!!

Basically we have to change our settings in our CONFIG.PHP file...

Go to your includes/config file, before change your permissions to 777 so it'll write correctly.

Look for this section:

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/public_html/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

Try changning /public_html/ in the first file to /home/XXXXX/public_html/ and it should work after that....

Make sure after you have edited your config file to set the permissions back to what you had them at.

I knew it was a persmission error after searching what the error was. Support was from Blue Host forum

Hope this works for others now....

Hey,

when I install this contrib a

pop up gambling ad now appears from my site!

Only in IE though... I didn't even know as I use FF... :blink:

Edited by virtue

Hey,

when I install this contrib a

pop up gambling ad now appears from my site!

Only in IE though... I didn't even know as I use FF... :blink:

Are you sure its this? have you tried disabeling & see if ad is gone, perhaps you've ben hacked?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

I tried all versions, but i only get a white square.

No Images will be shown in the carousel.

My Image Directory is structured like that:

top level images directory:

catalog/images

next Level directories:

catalog/images/vendor_1

catalog/images/vendor_2

catalog/images/vendor_3

In Directory catalog are the following files placed:

kampanya_black.swf

kampanya.swf

kampanya.php

class.image-resize.php

AC_RunActiveContent.js

in catalog/images you find:

kampanya.xml

under catalog/images/vendor_1

vendor_1_artnr_1.jpgkampanya.jpg

vendor_1_artnr_2.jpgkampanya.jpg

so the script genereates the .xml file and the resized Images.

Bit there is no image shown in the Flash file.

The .xml file was created by the kampanya.php and contains data.

It is possible to open the resized Images direct in my browser.

But they will not be shown by flash - there is only a white square.

Any idea how to get it working?

Gruss,

Willy

To list new products:

Find:

$specials_query_raw = "select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC LIMIT $limit_product_number";
if ((!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sID']) || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sID']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['sID'] == $specials['specials_id']))) && !isset($sInfo)) {
$products_query = tep_db_query("select products_image from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$specials['products_id'] . "'");
$products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);
}

Replace with:

$date = strftime("%Y-%m-%d",$date); 
$specials_query_raw = "select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price, pd.products_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_date_added > '".$date."' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . $limit_product_number;

Find:

$xmlfile .= "\t\t" . '<product filename="'.$new_image.'" productname="'.$specials['products_name'].'" productprice="'.$kampanya->display_price($specials['specials_new_products_price'],'').'" url="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $specials['products_id']). '" />'."\n";

Replace with:

$xmlfile .= "\t\t" . '<product filename="'.$new_image.'" productname="'.$specials['products_name'].'" productprice="'.($specials['products_price'] > 0 ? $kampanya->display_price($specials['products_price'],'') : 'P.O.A').'" url="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $specials['products_id']). '" />'."\n";

I`ve not tested, but that should work fine.

B)

Hi

Thanks for the help but it doesnt seem to work..

it gives me this error..

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price, pd.products_name from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_date_added > '2008-06-14' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit

[TEP STOP]

Hi

Thanks for the help but it doesnt seem to work..

it gives me this error..

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_price, pd.products_name from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_date_added > '2008-06-14' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by p.products_date_added desc limit

[TEP STOP]

Your using an ealier version of kampanya.php!, so to correct in your version:

before

add:

$limit_product_number = 10;

and before:

add:

$new_image = $specials['products_image'];

Sam

Contributions:

Warning: Missing argument 3 for display_price() in /home/infotime/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 76

Warning: Missing argument 4 for display_price() in /home/infotime/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 76

Warning: Missing argument 5 for display_price() in /home/infotime/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 76

Warning: Missing argument 6 for display_price() in /home/infotime/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 76

Warning: Missing argument 3 for display_price() in /home/infotime/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 76

Warning: Missing argument 4 for display_price() in /home/infotime/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 76

Warning: Missing argument 5 for display_price() in /home/infotime/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 76

Warning: Missing argument 6 for display_price() in /home/infotime/public_html/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 76

Help !!

Your using an ealier version of kampanya.php!, so to correct in your version:

before

add:

$limit_product_number = 10;

and before:

add:

$new_image = $specials['products_image'];

Hi

Thank you very much that worked.. but now the images are to big and being cut off

would you know how to fix that

Thanks

Tom

If you download version 1.2 that has a autoresize option.

Sam

Contributions:

I tried all versions, but i only get a white square.

No Images will be shown in the carousel.

My Image Directory is structured like that:

top level images directory:

catalog/images

next Level directories:

catalog/images/vendor_1

catalog/images/vendor_2

catalog/images/vendor_3

In Directory catalog are the following files placed:

kampanya_black.swf

kampanya.swf

kampanya.php

class.image-resize.php

AC_RunActiveContent.js

in catalog/images you find:

kampanya.xml

under catalog/images/vendor_1

vendor_1_artnr_1.jpgkampanya.jpg

vendor_1_artnr_2.jpgkampanya.jpg

so the script genereates the .xml file and the resized Images.

Bit there is no image shown in the Flash file.

The .xml file was created by the kampanya.php and contains data.

It is possible to open the resized Images direct in my browser.

But they will not be shown by flash - there is only a white square.

Any idea how to get it working?

It's exactly my problem too,

Can it have something to do with a picture-contribution that i already have installed ?

(I don't know witch one i have installed... I think it was "More Pics 6"

excusses for my bad english!!! ;)

If you download version 1.2 that has a autoresize option.

Hi

I downloaded version 1.2

but dont see this part of the code to change to set it up for new products.

Thanks

Hi

I downloaded version 1.2

but dont see this part of the code to change to set it up for new products.

Thanks

well thats the replacement code i gave you!!, it replaces:

the code is'nt that different to v1, I'd have thought it obvious.

Sam

Contributions:

GOT IT!!!

Basically we have to change our settings in our CONFIG.PHP file...

Go to your includes/config file, before change your permissions to 777 so it'll write correctly.

Look for this section:

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/public_html/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

Try changning /public_html/ in the first file to /home/XXXXX/public_html/ and it should work after that....

Make sure after you have edited your config file to set the permissions back to what you had them at.

I knew it was a persmission error after searching what the error was. Support was from Blue Host forum

Hope this works for others now....

yeap its working good,

i've also added to present the "new products" and not the "specials"

Tsuri Japan thanks for your contribution in solving the problem ;)

It's exactly my problem too,

Can it have something to do with a picture-contribution that i already have installed ?

(I don't know witch one i have installed... I think it was "More Pics 6"

excusses for my bad english!!! ;)

I also have the smae problem, there are no picture, just a white rectangle. I have the xml file it was automatically created.

ANyone with a solution, please help.

SIpho

Your questions are very obscure, no wonder you don't get replies!!

I assume you mean change the font size??

You need to edit the fla file, for which you need flash, very expensive.

Sam

Contributions:

Spooks,

After reading all your great input about going from Specials to New Products? Wouldn't it be a great idea to make a new contribution with new products instead of specials?

I was actually looking at that since i have no specials, but i have a lot of new products. I had to read almost all post to get a great answer. I will try, but I did get confuse on the code you were refering to.

I will try and let you know how it went!.

Thank you for your input and support!

Dark

Your questions are very obscure, no wonder you don't get replies!!

I assume you mean change the font size??

You need to edit the fla file, for which you need flash, very expensive.

A new version of flash carousel is coming :rolleyes:

New version works as featured contribution. Now all configuration can make from admin.

Store owners can add products to flash carousel from admin.

Expected date: Aug 22 2008

A new version of flash carousel is coming :rolleyes:

New version works as featured contribution. Now all configuration can make from admin.

Store owners can add products to flash carousel from admin.

Expected date: Aug 22 2008

Sounds great!!

I have a request, IE caches the xml, so if you set up 2 pages with different content, the user will only see the first they came to. The xml file name is embended in the current swf file, if you could remove that 'embed' it will be possible to alter the xml file name hence remove this issue.

:)

Sam

Contributions:

Hi All

Great contribution.... I have it working BUT....... I cannot seem to get the pictures to load properly.... Only 5 loaded... I deleted one of the items from the "special" and it went away. I added a new item and it does not show up...

I viewed the .xml file adn it has 12 pics but only 4 show up ?????

any ideas ???

www.myrocketsupply.com

Thanks....

Bobby B

This addon show special products with cool flash carousel. Install within 2 minutes. Only one file need to edit.

You can easily show bestsellers by changing two query in kampanya.php file.

This addon support multilingual and curriencies.

You easily understand by visiting

http://demo.oscommerce.com.tr

Don't miss this addon.

Download at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6123