• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cool Flash Carousel Menu

dude, you DONT neet to create the XML file sinte theres a function that do it: CREATE THE XML.

you just need to look if it is at your image folder; if not, MOVE IT TO YOUR IMAGE FOLDER, DO NOT CREATE A DUMMY XML or you'll not get it to work.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works fine in firefox for me, only trouble I have is IE caches the xml so if you change on seperate pages no change is seen, fine on Firefox though.

It is a known IE issue mind.

wich version of this contrib youre using?

still having problem with firefox, not showing the pics... =\ but works on all other browsers

dude, you DONT neet to create the XML file sinte theres a function that do it: CREATE THE XML.

you just need to look if it is at your image folder; if not, MOVE IT TO YOUR IMAGE FOLDER, DO NOT CREATE A DUMMY XML or you'll not get it to work.

creating a dummy file was my last resort to solve it...

i know that isn't required...

Edited by stelaras1

ok maybe we're getting somewhere now....thanks for your input guys.

Well I deleted the xml file that I made in the images folder and added the code to my index to see if it would work but got the same error. I also checked to see if it's making the xml file but nothing is in there. The images folder is set to 777!!

Does is it matter where I put the Carousel in the index, what I mean is can I put it on the top, near the bottom or in the middle with just this code?

<?php include("kampanya.php"); ?>

FK

wich version of this contrib youre using?

still having problem with firefox, not showing the pics... =\ but works on all other browsers

I`ve used several, modified all though, as I have images folder renamed generally and the query used wont give results on my site often, I have posted here an alternative.

It does not matter where you place the include, I use it in a module & on other pages.

This is an example XML file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

<products>

<product filename="Elder.jpg" productname="Guidance" productprice="£40.00" url="http://www.mysite.co.uk/catalog/product_in.../products_id/51" />

<product filename="Wheel.jpg" productname="Guidance2" productprice="£40.00" url="http://www.mysite.co.uk/catalog/product_in.../products_id/58" />

<product filename="Wheel2.jpg" productname="Guidance3" productprice="£45.00" url="http://www.mysite.co.uk/catalog/product_in.../products_id/59" />

<product filename="Maya.gif" productname="Paintings" productprice="P.O.A" url="http://www.mysite.co.uk/catalog/product_in.../products_id/61" />

<product filename="Herne.gif" productname="Guidance4" productprice="P.O.A" url="http://www.mysite.co.uk/catalog/product_in.../products_id/60" />

<product filename="Stones.gif" productname="Guidance5" productprice="£38.00" url="http://www.mysite.co.uk/catalog/product_in.../products_id/50" />

</products>

Edited by spooks

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I'm absolutely lost on what to do... I even had a coder from BLUE HOST look at it for 30 minutes and they have no idea why it won't work. I think after 3 hours of trying to get this going I give up... I guess it works for some and others it won't ever work.

I mean really how hard is this contrib? Add 5 files to your main index, set permissions to 777 in your images folder and add a small snipet of code to where ever you want it to display.... but to no avail.

FK

Edited by Tsuri Japan

Well I deleted the xml file that I made in the images folder and added the code to my index to see if it would work but got the same error. I also checked to see if it's making the xml file but nothing is in there. The images folder is set to 777!!

Does is it matter where I put the Carousel in the index, what I mean is can I put it on the top, near the bottom or in the middle with just this code?

FK

Did you try with javascript disabled?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

FK

Hi FK,

it doesn't matter where you put the carousel. Just make sure all the permission are correct and the files are all in the same directory (you can use filenames.php in your includes folder if you want to).

marcus

well, at last now i know wheres the problem: resize.

when resize is turned of, i can see the carroussel at firefox, but with huge images.

still working on it.

Use ronrrico's file, it is intergrated bettween JosueSanz's & ComArge's .

works for me.

I just have one issue.

If I open a new browser and I have http://mydonain.com as my homepage GOOD! IT WORKS!

But If I use www. before my domain it doese not show.

Remember open a new browser,

Is anybody else having this issue.

Use ronrrico's file, it is intergrated bettween JosueSanz's & ComArge's .

works for me.

I just have one issue.

If I open a new browser and I have http://mydonain.com as my homepage GOOD! IT WORKS!

But If I use www. before my domain it doese not show.

Remember open a new browser,

Is anybody else having this issue.

i tried your as first and it doesnt apear =|

I'm liking this contrib but I have 2 questions.

1.) I've got it running but my Carousel goes off to the right too far. I've tried resizing it but It still puts the images too far to the right.

2.) How would I put this in an infobox? I would like to replace my New Products box in the bottom center with this.

Site is www.curbmagazine.com/catalog

<table class="infoBoxProducts"><tr><td><?php include("kampanya.php") ?></td></tr></table>

Sam

Contributions:

I'm liking this contrib but I have 2 questions.

1.) I've got it running but my Carousel goes off to the right too far. I've tried resizing it but It still puts the images too far to the right.

2.) How would I put this in an infobox? I would like to replace my New Products box in the bottom center with this.

Site is www.curbmagazine.com/catalog

You can resize images

You can define product number to show

If you want to resize images open kampanya.php and change these:

$image_need_resize = 1; // 1 on, 0 off

$width = 100; // image width

$height = 75; // image height

$limit_product_number = 12; // how many products want to show

Nice contrib...it works great...

I am using the "Login to view prices" contrib, what can i see here;

> when customer Login, then can see the flash carousel....and its work great...

> but when customer not login or logout, then flash carousel show empty.....its blank!!!

Is it possible to change it Available all the time? and can we put only products selected will show in the flash carousel(maybe only a products from one of the manufacture selected)??

Have you discovered how to do it?

i get the message:

"fatal error: Call to undefined function thumbimage() in /home/xxx/public_html/commerce/kampanya.php on line 123"

line 25 of kampanya.php is now $filename_dir = DIR_WS_IMAGES . $filename;

can anyone help with this??

thanks

Edited by stelaras1

Hi.. I have this error :

Warning: Tipo de imagen no reconocido. in /home/hsmmqs/public_html/catalog/kampanya.php on line 47

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/hsmmqs/public_html/catalog/kampanya.php on line 90

Warning: I havea problem in /home/hsmmqs/public_html/catalog/kampanya.php on line 104

thanks

Hi.. I have this error :

Warning: Tipo de imagen no reconocido. in /home/hsmmqs/public_html/catalog/kampanya.php on line 47

Warning: imagecopyresampled(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /home/hsmmqs/public_html/catalog/kampanya.php on line 90

Warning: I havea problem in /home/hsmmqs/public_html/catalog/kampanya.php on line 104

thanks

Ok.. I have a new problem....

www.reefconcept.com/catalog

I don't see my product... It's only a white square !!!

thanks

We all have this problem it seems and nobody can solve the problem...if you look I even took a screen shot picture of what the problem looks like. It seems to be working for some but others it won't work. Symptoms are the error message, a white screen or just plain old blank.

Hopefully someone can figure out why this won't work as an advertised 2 minute install :rolleyes:

Obviously it doesn't work if many of us can't install right, I mean really hard was this one to do? Add 4 files, set permissions and add a twibit of code to your index or wherever??? How do we get this to work?

You can resize images

You can define product number to show

If you want to resize images open kampanya.php and change these:

$image_need_resize = 1; // 1 on, 0 off

$width = 100; // image width

$height = 75; // image height

$limit_product_number = 12; // how many products want to show

Right-o I resize them and that's ok, but if you mouseover the images the link is the upper left part of the image. It almost seems like the height and width are the original size of the image and not the resized version. Is there another part I need to modify to change the link on the images

Very useful contribution!

It works great and easy to install.

but

I have a Mojibake problem.

Probably, Flash encoding is UTF-8 and

Mysql data and default.php are EUC-JP.(Japanese code)

How can I fix it?

thanks