• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cool Flash Carousel Menu

Well I am confused because items that have been working are now not showing. I made no changes to those items, but they stopped appearing.

There has to be more to it. Are you saying that the items that are appearing with the special characters in the product name are causing some of the other products not to appear? i.e. the slashes in the cam description

The Site can be viewed at www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

maybe a contribution one day when I get this site the way I want it.

I don't make spelling mistakes! I have dyslecsic fingers.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that is exactly what youy were saying. Thanks.

So is there a way to fix that without having the completely change the product names? A way to allow the special chars?

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

hi all a few things

i nonothing about coding really so pleas ebe gentle

1 im uploaded th eversion 2.0 and done the list of install requirements as best i can

i inserted the bit in the indexphp to put it on my main page and i hget a white box but i also get some txt i dont no watit means but i assume i have put it some were i shouldnt .

this is wati get

var so = new SWFObject("includes/kampanya.swf", "mymovie", "640", "200", "8", "#ffffff"); so.addParam("wmode","transparent"); wich is visible above the white box on my main page as u can see here www.customisedplates.com/decals/

now as u can see it doesnt work can any one either help me fix it or install it for me for a fee

as for the fixing ive read the 19 pages here and i dont follow half of them but i also dont see a fix for the white box so liek i said please bve gentle with me and help me thanks.

Hello,

I've just changed my hosting company and my problems have disappeared.

Great contribution.

Regards from France

Hello,

A problem remains: the items chosen in the admin (Cool Flash Carousel 2.0d) never display correctly: sometimes 7 items of 8 are visible, sometimes 5, sometimes 1,... sometimes zero; an item that was visible the day or the hour before is no more visible, and may reappear later.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Regards

Hello,

A problem remains: the items chosen in the admin (Cool Flash Carousel 2.0d) never display correctly: sometimes 7 items of 8 are visible, sometimes 5, sometimes 1,... sometimes zero; an item that was visible the day or the hour before is no more visible, and may reappear later.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Regards

Sorry for having disturbed you for nothing; it seems it was just a problem of chmod.

Now the carousel works like a charm.

Thanks

Hello again...I posts some questions from time a go... but I still have no answere. Now I have seen, on many other pages (HPs), that the Carousel there will look a little bit other then the original Contri.

So I think to myselfe, my questions can perhapse only change it with the Flash-Programm, but I still don´t have this. So can please anybody help me and perhapse make the changes in the Flash and send me then the file?

There are tree problems:

When a customer com about WWW, the images are NOT linked to the producte-sites!

My little images are 100x100px, but then the shadow go in the images. So I have to resize the images to 80x80, but that is realy small

last but not least, I need the text by mouseover in bold

Can please anybody help me with this tree thing in flash?

...the X-Mas is near ;-) , also in switzerland...

Thanks in front,

Dan.

Hello.

Thank you for a great contribution!! I'm using it and love it!

Just one little thing: is it possible to activate/deactivate it on the admin??

If you could add this feature it would be perfect!

TIA :)

Patty

Have a little error.

With 5 pictures evtryting ok but with the sixt picture he gives error, but shows the picture

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'images/thesis.jpgkampanya.jpg' for writing in /home/dgce/domains/dgce.nl/public_html/shop/includes/modules/rotator.php on line 98

Edited by dgce

Ok quick question,

I have a transparent background and a black background so the text does not show up because it is also black.

How can I change the text color to white? (or another color)

Where do I find that?

Anyone? no one knows how to change the font color? not even me :(

Hi!

I have a problem with this contribution, in the carousel have only 11 goods and in a few days the contribution works very well but yesterday I put more products in the catalog(don´t put in the carousel) and PROBLEM!!!!

This is the wrong message: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9792 bytes) in /home/tuclikco/public_html/includes/modules/rotator.php on line 45

Which is the problem? which is the solution?

Thanks!!!

Hi im making a clothing shop

the Cool Flash Carousel Menu fits in very nice

im wondering how can i make it like this:

when i click man only mens clothing will shows in the flash

and when i click women only women clothing show in the flash

anyone can help me with that ???

AWESOME contribution!

1. Is there a way I can slow down the action. works at a good slow pace at the beginning but after first mouse over it speeds up quite a bit

2. For some reason my right side-bar lowered after adding the codes. It's not the code on the index.php file b/c I tried removing it and the same thing happened.

any thoughts?

here is the site I'm working on so you can see what I'm talking about: http://98.129.17.114/bookstore/index.php

Cheers!

White space instead of flash movie solution - at least what worked for me.

I had a set of step-by-step instructions and lost it when I tried to do the spell check so I'm just going to keep it simple now.

The problem in my case was the the XML file was created but the permission on the directories where the resized images were supposed to be created did not allow the carousel app to write the new file.

Using WinSPC (free app, just google it) I was able to verify the permission on say DVD directory and change the permissions to 777

I did the same thing for all directories listed for my products in the XML file and the carousel worked fine including products with special characters like A Bug's Life (apostrophe in this case).

Now I need your help.

Can someone give instruction on where exactly to insert the code in index.php to have the carousel displayed right above the box in the middle?

I have the Featured Products contribution installed so if you are familiar with it please provide instruction for this particular setup if not just for the stock index.php

The installation instructions that came with the contribution are not very specific as to where to insert the code.

I currently have the carousel in the header but is right after the logo code and it's shown to the left, what do I need to do the center it? Do I need a new cell after the My Account Cart Contents Check Out and use something like align="center"?

Thanks to the author(s) and all those who help here.

I hope my solution above helps someone.

Dan

osCommerce Flash Carousel 3.0 Released!

At least you can download new version of osCommerce Flash Carousel at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6123 with title osCommerce Flash Carousel 3.0

osCommerce Flash Carousel is an addon for serve products with fashionable flash styles. It makes you to deliver your selected products to your customers with an attractive way.

osCommere Flash Carousel delivers your selected products, which were selected at your store managemant panel, not only at main page but also all categories page.

More powerful, more configurable…

For quick demo you can visit http://www.oscommercex.com/demo

Edited by ComArge

osCommerce Flash Carousel 3.0 Released!

At least you can download new version of osCommerce Flash Carousel at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6123 with title osCommerce Flash Carousel 3.0

osCommerce Flash Carousel is an addon for serve products with fashionable flash styles. It makes you to deliver your selected products to your customers with an attractive way.

osCommere Flash Carousel delivers your selected products, which were selected at your store managemant panel, not only at main page but also all categories page.

More powerful, more configurable…

For quick demo you can visit http://www.oscommercex.com/demo

NIce just finish

Edited by teha908

Hi, I could never get the older versions to work, I just got a white box, But I just tested your new version and it worked after a few modifications to the includes/modules/flash_carousel.php as I had a xml parsing problem with double quotes in the product name and br tags in the price but this was easily fixed via str_replace.

Very cool! .... Except I have found a strange problem, on the main server running apache, In Firefox 3.0.5 I get just a white box, but the site running locally on xampp displays it fine, and in IE7 on the main server it displays fine but if I try to click on a picture and it dosent do anything, but again locally it works fine! what can this be?

Is this a safe mode problem?

PS : Also I would like to change the speech bubble color within flash source, but it wasnt included this time, please could you upload it somewhere?

Kind regards

Chris

Edited by chrish123

Well we also have other oscommerce sites on the same server, I installed and it works perfectly on the other sites which are practically the same codebase, the only difference is I have modified the configure.php to be able to run off multiple domain names by using a variable, then i simply just change the header image and store_name text by using some if statements.... weird!

I'll check tommorow if I made a mistake somewhere!

Hi there,,

We installed files from "new_files" folder..anybody knows why we are getting this error?

Warning: include(FLASH_CAROUSEL_DIRECTORY/FLASH_CAROUSEL_STYLE//configuration.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/youresho/public_html/includes/modules/flash_carousel.php on line 15

We are also getting error line in configurations when we click "animation bounce effects":

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_mod_select_option() in /home/youresho/public_html/admin/configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1

Not sure, but this looks like a SQL issue, something missing? there seems to be a problem connecting to config here.

thanks,,,,, great mod