• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cool Flash Carousel Menu

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've completed everything up to Step 14. "Create the database table for flash carousel products. Open database_sql folder and choose appropriate file."

how do i create a database? i'm in my_sql, but i don't know what to do.

I get this error

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/lojabr/public_html/loja/kampanya/kampanya.xml) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/lojac:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/xxx/public_html/loja/includes/functions/flash_carousel.php on line 36

Warning: fopen(/home/lojabr/public_html/loja/kampanya/kampanya.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/xxx/public_html/loja/includes/functions/flash_carousel.php on line 36

:blink:

ok i figured everything out so far and got the database loaded. now i get this error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user (using password: YES) in /...../catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

HELP! please :)

ok i figured everything out so far and got the database loaded. now i get this error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user (using password: YES) in /...../catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

HELP! please :)

While installing make sure you type right user name, database name, and password of your database !

i've completed everything up to Step 14. "Create the database table for flash carousel products. Open database_sql folder and choose appropriate file."

how do i create a database? i'm in my_sql, but i don't know what to do.

Hi,

You need to select english sql file. Then connect your database with PhpMyAdmin and select your database and run the codes.

Thats all.

I get this error

Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/lojabr/public_html/loja/kampanya/kampanya.xml) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/lojac:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/xxx/public_html/loja/includes/functions/flash_carousel.php on line 36

Warning: fopen(/home/lojabr/public_html/loja/kampanya/kampanya.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/xxx/public_html/loja/includes/functions/flash_carousel.php on line 36

:blink:

Hi,

Delete kampanya.xml file. Then chmod /home/lojabr/public_html/loja/kampanya directory 777.

hi

thank you for Flash Carousel this very beautiful

i used the arabic language when insert the arabic product the name appear mistake

1-local host (Apache)

2-MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode

flash.gif

Hi,

If you send me a request at http://www.oscommercex.com . I can prepare flash files appropriate for Arabic language at next week.

Hi, I have reinstalled this many times and still don't have a link in configuration section !

configuration_en.jpg

and where it shut linking?

Hi,

Did you read installation step 14. You need to run sql code.

Hi, I have reinstalled this many times and still don't have a link in configuration section !

and where it shut linking to?

Did you read installation step 14. You need to run sql code

Yes I did! I do have a link in Catalog area, able to add products etc, but still don't have link in configuration area !

Please help ! I try everything , nothing.

Edited by Toha

hi all, i really really really need some help here

I am stuck... have read back through this long thread and still stuck, pulling my hair out now...

i have the three following errors haunting me and would greatly appreciate any help on wat to do now

thanx in advance

Nat

Warning: include(FLASH_CAROUSEL_DIRECTORY/FLASH_CAROUSEL_STYLE//configuration.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/na/nat/xxxxxx.com/public/www/catalog/includes/modules/flash_carousel.php on line 15

Warning: include(FLASH_CAROUSEL_DIRECTORY/FLASH_CAROUSEL_STYLE//configuration.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/na/nat/xxxxxxx.com/public/www/catalog/includes/modules/flash_carousel.php on line 15

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'FLASH_CAROUSEL_DIRECTORY/FLASH_CAROUSEL_STYLE//configuration.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php/:/home/chroot_lib/phplib/') in /home/na/nat/xxxxxxx.com/public/www/catalog/includes/modules/flash_carousel.php on line 15

and where it shut linking to?

Yes I did! I do have a link in Catalog area, able to add products etc, but still don't have link in configuration area !

Please help ! I try everything , nothing.

Hi,

You can build a test site.

Download latest osCommerce RC2a and install it.

Then oscommerce Flash Carousel 3.0.1 and copy new_files and modified_files directory to your newly installed store.

Finally run flash_carousel.sql

Thats it. It will work. You can test it.

hi all, i really really really need some help here

I am stuck... have read back through this long thread and still stuck, pulling my hair out now...

i have the three following errors haunting me and would greatly appreciate any help on wat to do now

thanx in advance

Nat

Warning: include(FLASH_CAROUSEL_DIRECTORY/FLASH_CAROUSEL_STYLE//configuration.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/na/nat/xxxxxx.com/public/www/catalog/includes/modules/flash_carousel.php on line 15

Warning: include(FLASH_CAROUSEL_DIRECTORY/FLASH_CAROUSEL_STYLE//configuration.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/na/nat/xxxxxxx.com/public/www/catalog/includes/modules/flash_carousel.php on line 15

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'FLASH_CAROUSEL_DIRECTORY/FLASH_CAROUSEL_STYLE//configuration.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php/:/home/chroot_lib/phplib/') in /home/na/nat/xxxxxxx.com/public/www/catalog/includes/modules/flash_carousel.php on line 15

Please go http://www.oscommercex.com and read installation step 14. You need to run sql code.

Please go http://www.oscommercex.com and read installation step 14. You need to run sql code.

Great Contribution. I have version 2.0 working fine. But I did not get an answer as to what exactly was added to version 3.01 I am hesitant to upgrade

The questions I am wondering is

1. can the text color be changed now?

2. can the pictures be resizes and the mirror image appear correctly now?

or is there a line of code I can add to ver2.0 to change the text color to white?

Thanks,

The Site can be viewed at www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

maybe a contribution one day when I get this site the way I want it.

I don't make spelling mistakes! I have dyslecsic fingers.

Great Contribution. I have version 2.0 working fine. But I did not get an answer as to what exactly was added to version 3.01 I am hesitant to upgrade

The questions I am wondering is

1. can the text color be changed now?

2. can the pictures be resizes and the mirror image appear correctly now?

or is there a line of code I can add to ver2.0 to change the text color to white?

Thanks,

Hi,

Now there is no option to change text color. But I released both flash styles fla at http://www.oscommercex.com

You can download the files and open with Flash CS3 at least then edit the text areas color.

Hi,

Now there is no option to change text color. But I released both flash styles fla at http://www.oscommercex.com

You can download the files and open with Flash CS3 at least then edit the text areas color.

Great thanks, except.

1. I was able to change the text color in the .fla file no problem now(because I have that program at work, but not at home)

But after rereading the install instructions I can not find where that file was even used???

Also your site is not sending the email with the password in order to register and login.

The Site can be viewed at www.performanceautopartsonline.com

The site is live (despite these minor glitches) please respect that and do not sign up etc...

maybe a contribution one day when I get this site the way I want it.

I don't make spelling mistakes! I have dyslecsic fingers.

Greetings

When I try to run Flash carousel (index.php) i am getting this error

""

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class img_opt in C:\wamp\www\icc\includes\classes\flash_carousel_image_resize.php on line 11

Please help

Thanks

Syed

Does anyone else get a connection established to 192.150.18.101 after installing this contribution?

It showed up in my firewall logs and I don't recall seeing it prior to this contribution installation.

Hi,

osCommerce Flash Carousel addon uses swfobject.js

This js file has flash player detection functions. You can get more info from http://code.google.com/p/swfobject

It can connect adobe flash player site.